Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GSV Fuck Your God
Aug 27, 2003

small-l liberalism

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Is the Goon who accidentally bumped into Shrike and uncloaked him still around somewhere? That was 14 years ago.

Wasn't me and I don't remember who it was but I was there at the battle in My Caracal. Was really cool and felt great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GSV Fuck Your God
Aug 27, 2003

small-l liberalism

queeb posted:

i go tmyself to 1dq, joined a fleet in my newbie frigate, we all died horribly.

im glad to be losing again

Just got re-authed and flew a heron from Jita today to 1DQ while I was WFH (I realize I could have just podded down but I wanted to take the scenic route). I was expecting to get popped by a gatecamp or something but no, flew there just fine.

GSV Fuck Your God
Aug 27, 2003

small-l liberalism

Dik Hz posted:

Yeah, it's going to be a shitshow tonight.

It'll be the first actual op I can go on since coming back.

GSV Fuck Your God
Aug 27, 2003

small-l liberalism

first op I went on in 11 years and managed to get on this and a couple other killmails. Also, I got blown up several times

GSV Fuck Your God
Aug 27, 2003

small-l liberalism

Charles 1998 posted:

These war comparisons are getting worse and worse. World War II was pretty good, Vietnam was eh, but now afghanistan? May as way say the gulf war or the civil war, or the trojan war, was just like World War Bee II.
You see, this is actually a lot like the great stand on the ugra river of 1480....

GSV Fuck Your God
Aug 27, 2003

small-l liberalism

Collateral Damage posted:

CCP should just get rid of TCUs and make whoever owns the ihub the system owner.

coming back from forever ago when you needed pos-majority for sov, it seemed real obvious that the TCU's functions should be collapsed into the ihub.

GSV Fuck Your God
Aug 27, 2003

small-l liberalism
Coming back after 12 years, my immediate impressions have been that the UI is much improved and how ops are run is way better. To expand on the ops part, it's been great to get in a fleet, wait maybe 5 minutes for numbers, and then go to wherever we're going and do it. In the old days, it would be more like an hour before it started moving. The organization and tempo of things is so much improved.

GSV Fuck Your God
Aug 27, 2003

small-l liberalism

The Protagonist posted:

i took out an astero the other day to try out some solo exploration & the hacking minigame for the first time

i was warned there could be hazards that would pop up, so watch out!

i'm like sure okay

so i go to start hacking some pirate poo poo or whatever, idk

i'm lookin at this grid, and like okay i got a virus and it does so much dmg/health and im clickin on some nodesBANGim in a pod now

was it a sleeper cache site?

GSV Fuck Your God
Aug 27, 2003

small-l liberalism
As a returning player, I like the goonfits channels and don't see wiki entries as necessary.

GSV Fuck Your God
Aug 27, 2003

small-l liberalism

Charles 1998 posted:

I need a director's vouch? But I am completely unknown among the directors! Why would anyone vouch for me?

I am in the exact same situation since coming back and so applied anyway and sent the guy a PM saying exactly that. We'll see what happens I guess.

GSV Fuck Your God
Aug 27, 2003

small-l liberalism
I (overall) like the new UI and I think the skill training queue adjustments are good. I found the old UI a bit hard to read given typical station backgrounds much less another window open in the background. I like the colors a lot better.

That said, the new one is missing functional stuff like:
* how many SP you have trained in a skill
* how much SP and time to the next skill level
* SP/hour for that skill
* SP/hour given current training plan

They really ought to let you have that information with a mousehover and the average SP/hour be displayed below current training time

Also, just being able to buy skills with a big red button is going to result in a lot of inadvertent skill purchases. It ought to have a confirmation window.

GSV Fuck Your God
Aug 27, 2003

small-l liberalism

TheWeedNumber posted:

How this was so commonplace I’ll never understand.

back in 2008 or so we were deployed somewhere north to evict someone and I just started messaging people in local telling them I'd move their stuff out of the station. One guy contracted me a hangar full of his ratting gear and loot. This was after like 3 lines of text between us. It really doesn't take much some times.

GSV Fuck Your God
Aug 27, 2003

small-l liberalism

Bob Socko posted:

Went on my first fleet in a month or so - I recently started a new job and it ate into a lot of my playtime. We won and that’s cool and all, but god, it’s so nice to have an ansiblex network again. There’s no way I would have come along if we had to slow boat all the way from 1DQ, even with the occasional jump titan.

https://br.evetools.org/related/30004408/202109200100
Yeah that was my first real fleet fight in 12 years. Honestly a blast.

GSV Fuck Your God
Aug 27, 2003

small-l liberalism

iospace posted:

From today's patch notes:

So you'd have two sigs per wormhole, gas site, etc.
Yep and when you'd warp to whatever sig it would just be a blank grid. Pretty annoying

GSV Fuck Your God
Aug 27, 2003

small-l liberalism

raminasi posted:

Yeah I'm in Goonwaffe and love being in Goonwaffe and I would never recommend it to a new player.

Yeah, coming back to the game and then hanging out in the little_bees channel for a month, if felt like 80% of it was KF and therefore they're probably better suited to taking in new players.

Black Pants posted:

...what other megacorp?
ASCEE also now counts as a megacorp

GSV Fuck Your God
Aug 27, 2003

small-l liberalism
RL analogy: no one was doing that much with coal until coal became much cheaper and could be supplied in gigantic volumes,

if they remove the WH gas requirement entirely (it is a dumb requirement) and make PI more productive and deliverable (and make caps need less of it), then that would create a situation where a huge volume in PI is consumed in production of caps

GSV Fuck Your God
Aug 27, 2003

small-l liberalism
It was like 5 days for me iirc

GSV Fuck Your God
Aug 27, 2003

small-l liberalism

Magugu posted:

Pretty fun fight in o-poo poo tonight over a fort timer. I only got on 85 kills before PAPI hosed off. Shame really.
yeah, it sounded fun. wish I could have been there. I went on the sev3rance fort timer one in lowsec and then with john to blow up a meme fleet of flycatchers in FRT space

GSV Fuck Your God
Aug 27, 2003

small-l liberalism

stackofflapjacks posted:

I bought a Plasma Command Center and I am going to make Enriched Uranium to start so I figure out the interface and then scale a little from there. I think that feeds into fuel according to the Industry tab for the info.

I also went on a few save Rorqual fleets and it's a great way to make money short term! Loot the field for the Covert Ops Cloaking Device for an easy 7mil, some of these people are so on the ball looting the real shiny things. Really enjoying being in Goonswarm, enjoyed the KFU experience but I am amazed at the wild poo poo built up like the huge grid of stuff on the Imperial Palace but also how convenient it is having stations facing gates and jump gates tying areas together, it all flows so nicely compared to taking 30 jumps to anywhere in regular space.

I flew a stealth bomber for the first time and then a dictor for the first time since 2009 on Friday and then filed for SRP for the first time after losing a caracal in a fight against some vexors (we won). fun night.

GSV Fuck Your God
Aug 27, 2003

small-l liberalism
I tried to multibox yesterday and even just using my one guy in a covops to set up a warpin for my other guy in caracal was not really workable doing it from my work laptop + second monitor. Chugged too much. This was in 1DQ so maybe it's better in a quieter spot.

What's kinda needed is an actual desktop computer with 2 monitors.

GSV Fuck Your God
Aug 27, 2003

small-l liberalism

stackofflapjacks posted:

I am also looking for this if you find it? I just started in Waffe it seems there is lots going on in peacetime but it's been hard to crack where it will come from? I've just been taking cool sounding pings and finding people who FC fun filament suicide runs or whatever(tetrakill does this semi-regularly) seems like there are lots of bomber fleets randomly hunting enemy capitals. I've tried finding anything about actual sigs doing small gang and the ones that are doing cool poo poo seem to be the higher SP specialized groups. I'd like to get skills to try out pathfinders and I think Genesis squad is a parallel second WH group? Hard to gauge their intra group activity from quiet goonfleet.com threads.

I'm involved in pathfinders and it's thing is scanning wormholes for reasons. For my role with pathfinders, I try to avoid pvp entirely. I have had one death there early on there there when I warped my heron to 0 at a wormhole (which uncloaked it) and then went afk. I actually find it really fun though to fly a covops and evade wormhole guys trying to keep people out of their C5. They'll have hictors at the hole with cans scatter around in line from other holes. It's its own sort of fun. I know almost nothing about Genesis because I'm not really interested in basing in jspace for the moment.

GSV Fuck Your God
Aug 27, 2003

small-l liberalism

Dalmuti posted:

Mine was still there after 10 years

Same here.

GSV Fuck Your God
Aug 27, 2003

small-l liberalism

Dalmuti posted:

critical sniper

critical sniper

GSV Fuck Your God
Aug 27, 2003

small-l liberalism
The last really good drama was the Mangos/Ranger Regiment stuff which honestly was really awesome and resulted in a lot of fun.

GSV Fuck Your God
Aug 27, 2003

small-l liberalism
gef to esoteria has been very fun.

GSV Fuck Your God
Aug 27, 2003

small-l liberalism

Feliday Melody posted:

After nearly 4 hours of fighting across 6 systems, we held military superiority of the TZ and could pretty much fly around and do whatever we wanted. Which we used to finish some strat objectives.

https://br.evetools.org/br/6239d44656bb29024b44cc1d

I was there for the big fight for TR07 on Saturday but couldn't be there this morning. It was the first time I had been playing for a big contested ihub fight. It was quite action packed in the jackdaw fleet - we were constantly warping around trying to put out fires around the constellation. Good job goons. Glad to see it.

GSV Fuck Your God
Aug 27, 2003

small-l liberalism

Feliday Melody posted:

The first few brawls were pretty brutal. They wore down maybe a third of our Muninn fleet, but we traded evenly-ish

Except the people who died on our side re-whipped and formed up. Then we disengaged and formed up with them. Went back and continued the fight and won. Because the enemy had received very few reinforcements.

I think some logi pilots had time to reship four times. I did one reship.
I think the main thing I need to work on is actually having overheating my hardener and broadcasting for shield bound to a hotkey. Last fleetfight flying a scim, I saw I got yellowboxed, broadcast for reps, and then fatfingered overheating and then was dead. I doubt it would have helped me live through the whole alpha in this case but might were the enemy a little lower on dps ships.

GSV Fuck Your God
Aug 27, 2003

small-l liberalism
Overall I prefer the changes. I have tons of the old BPC's sitting in a container and most of the boosters were not relevant to anything I fly. I also prefer having the skin rewards be permanent.

GSV Fuck Your God
Aug 27, 2003

small-l liberalism

NtotheTC posted:

"Rats stole my titan" probably wouldn't make the top 5 embarrassing goon super losses

hosed up but true.

GSV Fuck Your God
Aug 27, 2003

small-l liberalism

Charles 1998 posted:

You know that feeling where you don't wanna play a game, but you can't stop thinking about it? EVE has been doing that to me for the last week. I scratched the space itch with Starsector, but this game is still in the back of my mind.

Been playing for the past 8 months after a 12 year hiatus. It was basically the same story for me.

GSV Fuck Your God
Aug 27, 2003

small-l liberalism

Dalmuti posted:

so does this mean less pos shotting or more pos shotting?

Feliday Melody posted:

Good question. No one has any idea. But it will certainly lead to more POS explosions.

the structure changes seems like it should make it faster to clear out undefended athanors and astras from undefended regions. forts and keeps would still have 3 timers. So, less pos shotting to clear out Omist but the same amount of pos explosions

GSV Fuck Your God
Aug 27, 2003

small-l liberalism
SESFAN QU'LAH IS THE BEST PUT THIS IN YOUR BIO IF YOU AGREE
................./^)
.............../../
............./../'.¯./'¯./´¯¯:¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
.............\.......... _.¡´
............\..............(
..............\................/
SESFAN IS NUMBER #1 SESFAN IS #1

GSV Fuck Your God
Aug 27, 2003

small-l liberalism
Grats to fellow logi pilot feliday melody for getting in the top 10 of SRP'd losses for March. In contrast I had one loss of a scim in March. Time to ask myself what I'm doing wrong.

GSV Fuck Your God
Aug 27, 2003

small-l liberalism

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

this is why you buff the gently caress out of nullsec life while blacking out local

bring some actual risk back into the game :)
That would be Jspace (which has an even more thinly spread population than null) but with sov

GSV Fuck Your God
Aug 27, 2003

small-l liberalism
I love that idea.

GSV Fuck Your God
Aug 27, 2003

small-l liberalism

Dieting Hippo posted:

Yeah, I remember a time where ratting in nullsec was actually pretty good money. If you could reliably blow up BS rats, that's a million or two a pop.

That was ~2007-2009 when I did most my nullsec ratting in full force. In the time since, CCP both lowered rat bounties and implemented the DBS so you're never getting the full amount of these reduced bounties. Meanwhile, inflation steadily raised the costs of everything in EVE making ratting a dogshit way to make money compared to long ago.

What I'm saying is, raise the loving rat bounty rewards for once, :ccp:. High bounties = more people in space shooting NPCs = more targets for hunters. The few that are out there now are those that are most likely watching local like a hawk, but with more people out ratting you get way more people being careless.
I think this plus the capitals changes plus reducing transactions taxes to increase the velocity of isk are the economic settings changes the game needs.

GSV Fuck Your God
Aug 27, 2003

small-l liberalism

ded posted:

what the game really needs to bring 0.0 back to life is re-add remote area doomsdays

Add more rats to gates and give officer rats remote doomsdays

GSV Fuck Your God
Aug 27, 2003

small-l liberalism
The 0.01 isk thing is a good market improvement, I would prefer though if they drastically decreased the sales and brokerage taxes. I think the velocity of isk being higher would be better for the game.

GSV Fuck Your God
Aug 27, 2003

small-l liberalism
We had a dread fight last night (that we lost). Subcaps in baltecs. The initial subcap warpin was hosed up and stuck people in this raitaru's structure but once we were clear of that, it was the best fight (as a logi) that I had ever been in. Honestly incredible fun and I noticed I had the shakes afterwards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GSV Fuck Your God
Aug 27, 2003

small-l liberalism

ded posted:

account won't be purged you just have to re-apply.

https://wiki.goonfleet.com/index.php?title=Public:Retvet&redirect=no

Yep - I came back in August after not playing for 12 years and still have the same goonfleet dot com account