Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

arcticmog
Jan 9, 2018

Goona get you!

Feliday Melody posted:

And not even a good ship! T1 miners!

Also rigless, also one ice miner and strip miner is fitted for some reason.
Also it has absolutely no tank either, it is walking gank bait. I think I might apply to mini luv after all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
You really think the praxis wasn't that already?

"but what about the people who trained skills to make a retriever" rings very very hollow when mining barges require industry I to make, and the core temperature regulator needed for battleships require industry V and Science V plus all the PI skills needed for the mats, and yet non-industry players are perfectly happy to stick their hands out for that free gift each year.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
The praxis is a terrible analogy because you can't actually build a praxis in the game. If CCP were handing out Megathrons or Apocs as the freebie, your comparison might make sense, but they don't so it doesn't. And what about the blueprints and minerals that the retriever builder uses? Or skills to make the BPO or BPC more efficient? Or the ISK sinks from broker fees and building fees and copying fees? And what makes you think CCP would just stop at barges in packs? Why not a cruiser pack? Because all of those things are what the player base at large was loving furious at

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I do build retrievers and it’s not a bad thing to bring up if you also build battleships, or even sell minerals on market to people who build battleships.

Why would anyone buy a regular battleship or battlecruiser for the 8 months of the year where you/your 6 alt accounts have your free one, or they are cheap on the market? Yeh I know the praxis don’t get the tank boosts but the BS V bonuses remain.

What about the skills and BPOs for the frigate and cruiser BPCs given away on the daily log in rewards?

all of these things are terrible for eve. I would hope that people who, rightly, complain that the retriever out of thin air is damaging to eve also now realise why the praxis is a poo poo deal for industrialists as well.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

learnincurve posted:

I do build retrievers and it’s not a bad thing to bring up if you also build battleships, or even sell minerals on market to people who build battleships.

Why would anyone buy a regular battleship or battlecruiser for the 8 months of the year where you/your 6 alt accounts have your free one, or they are cheap on the market? Yeh I know the praxis don’t get the tank boosts but the BS V bonuses remain.

What about the skills and BPOs for the frigate and cruiser BPCs given away on the daily log in rewards?

all of these things are terrible for eve. I would hope that people who, rightly, complain that the retriever out of thin air is damaging to eve also now realise why the praxis is a poo poo deal for industrialists as well.

What BS V bonuses??? The praxis gets no bonuses of any type from skills, it just has some pretty mediocre role bonuses. While it can do a bunch of different things it definitely doesnt do any of them well as a specialized normal battleship.

It has a few niche uses but it's outshined in virtually every single possible role by a specialized BS from one of the empire factions.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Well ok yes you don’t need to train any skills for the combination of drone and turret bonuses that can blast through level 3 missions and happily rat in 0.0, they are just given to you, and how is this not worse?

Average and low skilled players aren’t in faction battleships, they are in praxis, conjured from thin air, and every one of those lost when someone messes up a L4 for the first time should have been a player built ship.

Anything that CCP creates from nothing and gives to the players is going to hurt the game, yes it’s most certainly a slope from selling retrievers to selling avatars, but the whole “everything is created by players” purity got pissed on when the general player base went “oooh free destroyer/battle cruiser/battleship god bless you CCP”

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
don't worry though, they're gonna fix it by somehow buying the ships they give away in packs and deals from the market

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I’m mostly really mad because pets at home (petsmart) in my area were incorrectly storing their snake food, salmonella got detected, and every single pet shop in the county had their stock recalled and snake food licences revoked till further notice and it’s just cost me £95 to order frozen online

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Stereotype posted:

don't worry though, they're gonna fix it by somehow buying the ships they give away in packs and deals from the market

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

learnincurve posted:

I’m mostly really mad because pets at home (petsmart) in my area were incorrectly storing their snake food, salmonella got detected, and every single pet shop in the county had their stock recalled and snake food licences revoked till further notice and it’s just cost me £95 to order frozen online

Based on my cat, you should probably future-proof by getting a cat that's really into hunting mice. Though you should check before if people in your area use poison bait to fight vermin, as that stuff nowadays is strong enough to poison your pets by proxy (mouse eats poison, cat catches the now weak mouse before it dies, your snake eats the mouse, your snake dies)

Around here that's enough of a problem our local vets are all stocked up on vitamin K injections, as that counters the most common rat poisons

Though now that I think about this, the injections are mostly for cats/dogs.

Also wait a minute, free vermin come with parasites, are there even anti-parasite meds for snakes? :psyduck:

you know what, just forget my bad idea and keep on feeding your snake frozen mice

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

PILED HIGH

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

After nearly 4 hours of fighting across 6 systems, we held military superiority of the TZ and could pretty much fly around and do whatever we wanted. Which we used to finish some strat objectives.

https://br.evetools.org/br/6239d44656bb29024b44cc1d

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

But also whos gonna go and make a new non-lovely EVE in unity 5?

GSV Fuck Your God
Aug 27, 2003

small-l liberalism

Feliday Melody posted:

After nearly 4 hours of fighting across 6 systems, we held military superiority of the TZ and could pretty much fly around and do whatever we wanted. Which we used to finish some strat objectives.

https://br.evetools.org/br/6239d44656bb29024b44cc1d

I was there for the big fight for TR07 on Saturday but couldn't be there this morning. It was the first time I had been playing for a big contested ihub fight. It was quite action packed in the jackdaw fleet - we were constantly warping around trying to put out fires around the constellation. Good job goons. Glad to see it.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

GSV gently caress Your God posted:

I was there for the big fight for TR07 on Saturday but couldn't be there this morning. It was the first time I had been playing for a big contested ihub fight. It was quite action packed in the jackdaw fleet - we were constantly warping around trying to put out fires around the constellation. Good job goons. Glad to see it.

The first few brawls were pretty brutal. They wore down maybe a third of our Muninn fleet, but we traded evenly-ish

Except the people who died on our side re-whipped and formed up. Then we disengaged and formed up with them. Went back and continued the fight and won. Because the enemy had received very few reinforcements.

I think some logi pilots had time to reship four times. I did one reship.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

https://www.eveonline.com/news/view/road-to-fanfest-ever-closer

structure damage nerfs, stealth bomber and proteus buffs

as always there is "more to come!" and so, to quote CCP Aurora

prepare to be disappointed!

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

Otacon posted:

https://www.eveonline.com/news/view/road-to-fanfest-ever-closer

structure damage nerfs, stealth bomber and proteus buffs

prepare to be disappointed!

Apparently they already have enough data from the compression update to gently caress about with cap building some more. It's only been a couple of weeks or did I slip into a coma?

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

captainclaw posted:

Apparently they already have enough data from the compression update to gently caress about with cap building some more. It's only been a couple of weeks or did I slip into a coma?

All they said was they had the data, not that they were going to look at it to provide the basis for any changes!

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

Otacon posted:

All they said was they had the data, not that they were going to look at it to provide the basis for any changes!

"The previously mentioned blueprint changes to faction ships, dreadnoughts, and capital ships are taking shape after careful review of the impact that the update to compression has made to the market this March, and we will be sharing the details of these updates mid-April, just before Fanfest"

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I've said it before and I'll say it again, they want to announce the material requirement drop for capital cores and/or the removal of capital cores from jump freighters for fanfest so they don't end up in a room of angry nerds who haven't had the opportunity to shout at them for 3 years.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
If they make capitals worth building I’m going to be so mad. Don’t make me want to play this dumb game again ccp you absolute monsters

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Otacon posted:

*narrator voice* they were disappointed

GSV Fuck Your God
Aug 27, 2003

small-l liberalism

Feliday Melody posted:

The first few brawls were pretty brutal. They wore down maybe a third of our Muninn fleet, but we traded evenly-ish

Except the people who died on our side re-whipped and formed up. Then we disengaged and formed up with them. Went back and continued the fight and won. Because the enemy had received very few reinforcements.

I think some logi pilots had time to reship four times. I did one reship.
I think the main thing I need to work on is actually having overheating my hardener and broadcasting for shield bound to a hotkey. Last fleetfight flying a scim, I saw I got yellowboxed, broadcast for reps, and then fatfingered overheating and then was dead. I doubt it would have helped me live through the whole alpha in this case but might were the enemy a little lower on dps ships.

OzyMandrill
Aug 12, 2013

Look upon my words
and despair

learnincurve posted:

... BPOs for the frigate and cruiser BPCs given away on the daily log in rewards?
Those are great. You get contracts in 1dq for buttloads of them dirt cheap, perfect to throw into the T2 invention mill without having to invest millions in a real BPO.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
It's alright, I managed to get pinkies couriered over from the wild badlands of South Yorkshire today. Now we got to hope the little sod does not fear response vomit at me when I check on him.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

finally, a buff to my frigate that does 1000dps and warps cloaked

arcticmog
Jan 9, 2018

Goona get you!

Stereotype posted:

If they make capitals worth building I’m going to be so mad. Don’t make me want to play this dumb game again ccp you absolute monsters

And affordable, it would be nice to be able to use those millions of skill points I have again. Although the dynamic bounty ratio will scupper heavy carrier ratting and may lead to further depopulation of nullsec, which I've noticed has been more quiet after CCP broke the viability of much of the PVE in nullsec. At least carriers make for excellent kill ships while hunting officer rats.

On a side note CCP apparently carrier ratting was breaking the eve economy before the nerfs, but a 500 million isk gila running abyssal Tier 4s in highsec in/near jita making the same amount of isk as said carrier is healthy for the economy. Alternatively I guess it's time to train into marauders.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
"we increased the damage of stealth bombers, but to compensate highsec gank victims we're giving all ships in highsec 25% damage reduction"

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
What's the cool down on Defender Missiles? You know, the main counterplay to bombs (which CCP probably forgot because few of them actually play).

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
10 second reload, 120 second reactivation

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

arcticmog posted:

And affordable, it would be nice to be able to use those millions of skill points I have again. Although the dynamic bounty ratio will scupper heavy carrier ratting and may lead to further depopulation of nullsec, which I've noticed has been more quiet after CCP broke the viability of much of the PVE in nullsec. At least carriers make for excellent kill ships while hunting officer rats.

On a side note CCP apparently carrier ratting was breaking the eve economy before the nerfs, but a 500 million isk gila running abyssal Tier 4s in highsec in/near jita making the same amount of isk as said carrier is healthy for the economy. Alternatively I guess it's time to train into marauders.

The DBS would be fine if it worked correctly, and CCP admitted a few weeks back that it in fact had not been working correctly at all and so the levels have been going all over the place - the system I call home went from 60% to 95% down to 70% in two days as whatever they were running in the background to rectify the issue shook itself out, and I'm not entirely convinced it's truly fixed yet. What CCP *really* did to kill super ratting which is where most of the ISK generation was coming from was nerfing the bonuses of plates and shield extenders so even under the comfort of our super umbrella, we couldn't save a hotdropped ratting super anymore in Delve, so we simply docked them up or told them to rat in Period Basis at their own risk and to die quietly if they got dropped. CCP have no reverted *some* of those nerfs, but not enough to encourage ratting in your nyx or hel, though a few brave souls have started taking Thanatoses and Nids out to rat in but a carrier will still melt in seconds to bombers, so it's still very much at your own risk

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Ynglaur posted:

What's the cool down on Defender Missiles? You know, the main counterplay to bombs (which CCP probably forgot because few of them actually play).

I like these. Our support Jackdaws make short work of bombing runs.

You know. Those times when papi isn't trying to bomb us on the out gate.... after we aligned.... with no dictor :v:

arcticmog
Jan 9, 2018

Goona get you!

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

The DBS would be fine if it worked correctly, and CCP admitted a few weeks back that it in fact had not been working correctly at all and so the levels have been going all over the place - the system I call home went from 60% to 95% down to 70% in two days as whatever they were running in the background to rectify the issue shook itself out, and I'm not entirely convinced it's truly fixed yet. What CCP *really* did to kill super ratting which is where most of the ISK generation was coming from was nerfing the bonuses of plates and shield extenders so even under the comfort of our super umbrella, we couldn't save a hotdropped ratting super anymore in Delve, so we simply docked them up or told them to rat in Period Basis at their own risk and to die quietly if they got dropped. CCP have no reverted *some* of those nerfs, but not enough to encourage ratting in your nyx or hel, though a few brave souls have started taking Thanatoses and Nids out to rat in but a carrier will still melt in seconds to bombers, so it's still very much at your own risk

How long is it supposed to take for it to recover from 50%? DBR has a tendency of just emptying out systems that have high truesec or don't get much hostile traffic, which produces the ironic situation where no one hunt-able will live there anymore. Systems staying very low for weeks are quite common as well. Typical :ccp: I guess. Regardless I remember the advocates for a system like this pivoted around truesec and not bounties.

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

Also the DBM that shows in the HUD in space is different from the one that shows up in the F10 map. And who knows which, if either, is correct.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

OMFG FURRY posted:

10 second reload, 120 second reactivation

So now you need twice as many Destroyers as the other side has Bombers?

I wish this game had a better point-defense play/counterplay model.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Ynglaur posted:

I mean that includes jackdaws, dictors and boosting destroyers. And you need at best 1 per bomber for every potentially successful bomb run.

In all the fleets I've been in, I have seen one potentially successful run that needed to be stopped by the destroyers. Other times the bombers arrived late or tried to bomb when we were already well aligned. Or it was one/two bombers making a run at a fleet in combat formation and getting themselves killed.

I think it's pretty farfetched for the bombers to set up a second run on a moving fleet within 2 minutes.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

Ynglaur posted:

keep in mind a defender missile goes to the nearest bomb at the time of firing and will not 'look' for another target if that bomb gets defender'd or goes off

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

OMFG FURRY posted:

keep in mind a defender missile goes to the nearest bomb at the time of firing and will not 'look' for another target if that bomb gets defender'd or goes off

if this is the case bombers just need to +1 bomb per wave and gg

dumb rurted mechunic gurchisch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

The solution, like it is to everything else in Eve, is smart-bombing Abaddons.