Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andohz
Aug 15, 2004

World's Strongest Smelly Hobo

The Lone Badger posted:

From whence did the goon lust for riding-eternal-shiny-and-chrome derive? Is it due to the easy/generous ship replacements, which in turn are due to the group's vast wealth?

I know back in the olden days one of the recruitment angles was that you could kill try hards with ships that were cheaper than the ammo being shot at you after just a few days of training... So the lust has been there a long time at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andohz
Aug 15, 2004

Skiant posted:

And we also have ingame fitting channels you should check out if you wanna keep it in the client, as mentioned there:

The fitting channels aren't always up to date, which is what this whole discussion is about. As a newbee I used those fits until I realized they weren't the same as in the doctrine threads, luckily before I needed SRP.

The goon fit app is nice but last I checked for ADM fits it didn't have them, meaning I still have to use both.

Andohz
Aug 15, 2004

Saul Kain posted:

Which is why the only updated and current place to always find fits is on the forums in the fittings threads. Go there, get fits. The wiki is out of date and can’t be relied upon. The goonfits channel is helpful but again is not maintained by the fitting team. Arguing about this is pointless unless someone feels inclined to take it upon themselves to fix what they deem to be a shortfall. If you are not willing to fix what you deem to be a shortfall, don’t complain about it. Sickening is the most egregious offender of the “complains about something then becomes conspicuously absent when someone suggests THEY fix what they are complaining about.”

I wasn't complaining, and I'm pretty sure I don't have access to add the ADM fits to the goon fit app. I mostly use the app for verifying the fit of my ship before an op (which I originally got from the forums).

Also, regarding fixing the wiki, I thought mittens explicitly said on a fireside that it was going to be archived and replaced with a clean start, which would make fixing the current wiki useless.

Andohz
Aug 15, 2004

They did something to the font on buy/sell orders and I hate it.

Andohz
Aug 15, 2004

Ban this sick filth, there are children reading this forum you know!

Andohz
Aug 15, 2004

orange juche posted:

You know, when I used to do things like auth, I would relish pushing button on folks like helperdog who are good posters, regardless of their post count, and then denying the 101 post spy accounts.

I'd like to say sorry to whoever in Auth had to read my boring rear end post history. :(

Andohz
Aug 15, 2004

Dalael posted:

This will sound like a joke, but im starting to get more in shape so i can hold & pick up my kid for as long as I can.

Watch me get swole.

A coworker started working out when he realized he couldn't play with his sons without getting back pain. He's kept at it for years at this point so gratz in advance on your swole.

Andohz
Aug 15, 2004

TrueAmarrian posted:

ROFL, you guys are trying so hard, at least know how scared you sound?

36 hours
Hi,

That's in the middle of the night, please reschedule.

Best Regards,
Ishmin

Andohz
Aug 15, 2004

TrueAmarrian posted:

I will give you a hint: your precious monopoly on griefing has come to an and.

This is an automated reply, I'm on vacation until January third.

If this is regarding log4j please call Todd at 6751-1827

Best Regards,
Ishmin

Andohz
Aug 15, 2004

BIgDevine posted:

50% of 3 months with 3 months MCT… is it so cheap there just cashing in before they shut down the game?

They run that sale every three months?

Andohz
Aug 15, 2004

Yeah, Mittani learned his lesson about hats a long time ago.

Andohz
Aug 15, 2004

I stayed up until 1am alt-tabbing between my corm shooting shuttles / locking caps and my DST looting cans. Ended up getting like 1bil in minerals and ratting loot that'll get turned into things to sell in 1dq1, the circle of life. I was hoping for more looting when I woke up but by then it was all over.

And now it's back to the dr who event I guess :(

Andohz
Aug 15, 2004

The best thing would be to start at the blueprint and sum up all the materials needed. You can use something like Fully Automated Luxury Gay Space Capitalism to make it easier.

Be prepared for sinking a lot of money into the different steps before being able to actually build the thing.

Also; for BPCs you've got StretchMart Coin-Operated that has 100 runs for 1.6 million isk, if it's Mobile Small Warp Disruptor I we're talking about.

Andohz fucked around with this message at 11:56 on Feb 7, 2022

Andohz
Aug 15, 2004

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

Didn't he steal his mom's credit card to buy a carrier and lost it immediately, then Darius JOHNSON called his mom?

Wait the "M'am I'm... I'm from the internet and" story is from EVE?

Andohz
Aug 15, 2004

I was bored and managed to find the post I was thinking about, it wasn't EVE related after all.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3752827&pagenumber=5&perpage=40&userid=0#post453281290

Edit: Jesus that was 16 years ago? Why did I remember this, it's so inconsequential.

Andohz fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Jun 1, 2022

Andohz
Aug 15, 2004

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

creating a thousand alpha accounts

"Is it a Denial of Service attack or is Globby logging on?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andohz
Aug 15, 2004

Hezzy posted:

If you go into your launcher settings, click "Download full game client" otherwise it streams assets

"Downloading 20GB" hopefully now it won't be a lag fest every single time I undock in 1DQ