Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
it's impressive how every latin american protestant i've met has been of the "prosperity gospel, murder all poors and ayrabs, israel uber alles" variety

without exception

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

it's impressive how every latin american protestant i've met has been of the "prosperity gospel, murder all poors and ayrabs, israel uber alles" variety

without exception

Well, it's not your "mainline", New England Episcopalians going down there to seek souls for the Lord

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

Well, it's not your "mainline", New England Episcopalians going down there to seek souls for the Lord

It's like when the Saudis funded the spread of Wahhabism throughout the world.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

without exception

Like I said. Latin America needs the Inquisition back.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8KsLNASLuI

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
What hasbeen the medias way of covering the usual suspects for this catastrophe?

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

etalian posted:

It's like when the Saudis funded the spread of Wahhabism throughout the world.

Yeah lol

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Liberals don't actually believe in their religion beyond making themselves less scared of death so why would they try to convert people

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

On other news Bolsonaro straight up said this sunday that he's going to shoot people from the Worker's Party during a rally and they immediately put a motion to cancel his candidacy due to incitement to violence.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Plutonis posted:

On other news Bolsonaro straight up said this sunday that he's going to shoot people from the Worker's Party during a rally and they immediately put a motion to cancel his candidacy due to incitement to violence.

I'm guessing the courts will be fine with this.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i read that there were live wires hanging from the national museum's ceilings and the fire was possibly started by a hanging light falling from the ceiling. this is some infuriating poo poo

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

instead of having the money to properly run shielded cables, just don't have a fire

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Well, now that Lula has put his chips on Haddad, surely there will be no

Portugal: Silly Brazucas your substitute is also corrupt! Why can't you go third way sweaties. Hewwo... HEWWO??? Bolsenaro is a non entity you goofballs???

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Wow, it's literally just brazenly making it clear now that under no circumstances is pt to get in.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Globo has also cancelled releasing popularity polls since they would give Lula and PT a way larger margin of success, so yeah they're kind of freaking out and the Haddad corruption accusations seem to be bullshit.

The strategy seems to be they hope to stall enough the PT vote so they can slam Haddad with said charges, and hope Bolsenaro can get the share.

At least the comments on that piece are telling them to gently caress off, and Publico doesn't usually have a readership that leans that way. Maybe we'll get another piece on how its illogical to support Haddad by some hosed up monster again!

Kunster has issued a correction as of 14:15 on Sep 5, 2018

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
isnt it too late to stop him running?

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

The hopes seem to be more based on slandering his image on the first round and to spark another pan banging dipshit parade.

Unless suddenly everyone somehow learns what "Dominio de Facto" even is, which is like German Law Theory stuff by someone who went immediately "yeah that's kinda bs".

Kunster has issued a correction as of 16:53 on Sep 5, 2018

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Someone at a rally wounded Bolsonaro with a knife

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Plutonis posted:

Holy poo poo

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

I looked it up and apparently he was wearing a bulletproof vest.

loving owned

Metal Cat
Dec 25, 2017

Metal Cat has issued a correction as of 04:49 on Oct 8, 2021

spivak
May 19, 2010

Kunster posted:

Globo has also cancelled releasing popularity polls since they would give Lula and PT a way larger margin of success, so yeah they're kind of freaking out and the Haddad corruption accusations seem to be bullshit.

The strategy seems to be they hope to stall enough the PT vote so they can slam Haddad with said charges, and hope Bolsenaro can get the share.

At least the comments on that piece are telling them to gently caress off, and Publico doesn't usually have a readership that leans that way. Maybe we'll get another piece on how its illogical to support Haddad by some hosed up monster again!

Bolsonaro and Globo hate one another. Globo promotes liberal social values and neoliberal economic policies. Bolsonaro and his minions fault Globo for promoting "gender ideology".

Hopefully this knife attack doesn't help him in the ballot.

We are hosed, who am I kidding.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Metal Cat posted:

I wonder if the unstable, abject retard who stabbed him is happy that he just guaranteed Bolsonaro the election. And you can bet your rear end that this is going to be used as a justification for absolutely anything from now on.

I give a 50% chance of it being a false flag.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Plutonis posted:

He probably saw Bob Roberts and wanted to see if he could replicate what happens in that film in real life.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Plutonis posted:

it's too plausible that it's a false flag and he didn't know you're supposed to wear a knife proof vest

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Plutonis posted:

Plutonis posted:

spivak
May 19, 2010
The stabber was apprehended by the federal police. Really don't think it was a false flag, just a dumb guy that sucks at assassination

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Isn’t he going to lose in the second round

Also why would getting stabbed get you more votes, he didn’t even do any sick disarming moves

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

AOU!!!

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Metal Cat posted:

I wonder if the unstable, abject retard who stabbed him is happy that he just guaranteed Bolsonaro the election. And you can bet your rear end that this is going to be used as a justification for absolutely anything from now on.

lol if a bunch of people vote for him because he got shived then Brazil really will be dumber than the us

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Reagan won because of Hinckley!

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

spivak posted:

Bolsonaro and Globo hate one another.

Yes, but not enough to tell their underlings to actually cover the bad poo poo he says or even tell it to other networks other than "He's controversial!!1".

Metal Cat
Dec 25, 2017

Metal Cat has issued a correction as of 04:51 on Oct 8, 2021

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
Now that Haddad is on the verge of overtaking everyone for second place, I wonder what will happen in the Haddad x Bolsonaro scenario, especially after the courts went above and beyond making sure Lula couldn't run.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Haddad is already being served with court notices

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Plutonis posted:

the system works

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Plutonis posted:

Oh lol. So, they're going to just disqualify him too?

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
apparently there isnt enough time?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/BolsonaroSP/status/1041501401266958336

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis