Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

It's gonna suck op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

i say swears online posted:

my dude, the last 20 years have been a massive loving shift across most of latin america

It's been loving wild

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Metal Cat posted:

Yes. Founded in 1818. A collection catalog of 20 million items. Biggest array of meteorites in Brazil. Countless fossils. Contained the oldest remains of human presence in the americas, the skull of a woman that is estimated to be ~12,500 years old. Served as the residence of the royal family for over 7 decades.

Poof.

Oh jesus christ :cry:

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

etalian posted:

It's like when the Saudis funded the spread of Wahhabism throughout the world.

Yeah lol

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Plutonis posted:

Someone at a rally wounded Bolsonaro with a knife

Holy poo poo

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

is Haddad making a communist party member his running mate so if they try to impeach him theyll have to deal with an even more radical prez? lol

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manuela_d%27%C3%81vila

lmao that's loving devious I love it

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Coup soon stalker

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

joepinetree posted:

If the exit polls at the state level are right, I think Bolsonaro wins in the first round. Essentially every senate candidate from PT that was leading in the polls till recently is out, according to exit polls. Dilma, Suplicy, Lindbergh, even associated candidates like Requiao are far behind in exit polls.

Death to the americas

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Probably will reinstitute slavery op

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Plutonis posted:

Guy wearing a PT shirt got murdered while going to vote. God drat the next years are gonna be epic.

Stay safe :(

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

jBrereton posted:

just looked and 48% Bolsonaro w/ 80% of seats is fairly scary

80% of what seats?

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

:tif:

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Joseance posted:

Oh good bolsonaro intends to take Brazil out of the Paris accord

lmao that's extremely bad

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

punk rebel ecks posted:

Trump is laughably incompetent to the point that it is difficult for him to get bills passed when he has a solid majority in all three branches of government.

Literally the only reason to have any hope

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Elias_Maluco posted:

I would also add that the american institutions are still solid enough that an adventurer like him wont be able to burn it all down so easily and make himself a tyrant

That's deffinetly not the case here, specially not now

This is also probably only our second big crisis so woof

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Plutonis posted:

If you don't take someone with you before dying you are a cuck

He's right

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

punk rebel ecks posted:

Why is Brazilian politics so bad?

It's like Italy but tropical and worse

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

If I had to deal with the Latin American right I'd be exactly like Plutonis. I'm sure there are worse people on the planet somewhere, but it's hard to believe.

I think that's a good take

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Yeah this is loving bad though

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

kikkelivelho posted:

So is this Bolsonado guy going to be as hilarious as Trump or does he subscribe to a more boring style of governance?

Do you think rape and murder is funny?

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Plutonis posted:

A transwoman got loving lynched at broad daylight in my city last year and the guys who did it filmed and uploaded it to FB. It'll get way worse but it was real terrible already.

:(

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/BrasilWire/status/1050391254188654592

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

punk rebel ecks posted:

Isn't Nicaragua a case of a left with government moving more neoliberal as they become more authoritarian?

Yeah I thought they were doing IMF "reforms"

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

nerdz posted:

I assume you never watched any sort of comedy shows with jewish characters like Escolinha do professor raimundo then

For most brazilians Samuel Blaustein was their only contact with jewish culture

Brazilians are also extremely racist against asians and I have to scream at my friends and family at times about it

Don't you have a huge Japanese population though?

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

If Haddad wins they're just gonna straight up kill him.

Who will do him in?

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Elias_Maluco posted:

Bolsonaristas are already rushing to explain that the KKK belongs to the left, since it was founded by democrats

https://twitter.com/coringa1978/status/1052216722877485056

Americas primary export is cognitive dissonance

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Elias_Maluco posted:

The only way Brazil could and would start a war with Venezuela is if Trump supports it, politically and militarily

My hope is that Trump would not want it (seems to me it would be a very expensive war)

It would own the libs so he's gonna do it when he gets a good excuse

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Wow this is loving bad

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Plutonis posted:

He straight up cosplays as a Rabbi on his 200 million dollar replica of the Solomonic Temple

Excuse me what

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Plutonis posted:

lmao a vid just got leaked of Sao Paulo governor candidate Doria loving five women in a motel

lol

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

:tif:

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

lmao

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Max Awfuls posted:

The worst part about the Brazil election is that there is literally zero subterfuge or dog whistling or subtle winking about fascism. It's a fascist candidate straight up telling you he's a fascist and running on promises of fascist policies and people are voting on him because they endorse his fascism. There's no other way around it, 55% of the brazilian electorate willingly voted for fascism because they wanted it, they were not hoodwinked or coerced into it, they absolutely owned it.

It's actually amazing

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

*NYT voice* actually it’s the left that’s responsible for Bolsonaro’s victory.

I'm gonna give this 48 hours

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Socks4Hands posted:

Chile's new president elect, Augusto Pinochet, is a right-winger who leans towards more open markets. This could mean fresh opportunities for Canadian companies looking to invest in the resource-rich country.

Didn't Pinochet not privatize the copper mines though

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

GreyjoyBastard posted:

my brother's inlaws are Brazilian

fortunately, they're white, so they might be okay

lmao dude they are gonna build gas chambers

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

spivak posted:

Militias formed by military policemen and firefighters control access to goods and services in periferic neighborhoods of Brazil's major cities, notacibly in Rio. They charge for gas (the one used for cooking), ilegal public transportation, illegal cable TV (called gatos), and extort money from businesses and private citizens alike in protection rackets.

How do you survive?

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Negrostrike posted:

So on national evening news Bolsonazi just pretty much threatened to end Folha de São Paulo. So much for free press.

:staredog:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

He always looks in pain