Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Last I heard you guys were having an undeclared, low-intensity civil war. Things gotten any better?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Metal Cat posted:

Yes. Founded in 1818. A collection catalog of 20 million items. Biggest array of meteorites in Brazil. Countless fossils. Contained the oldest remains of human presence in the americas, the skull of a woman that is estimated to be ~12,500 years old. Served as the residence of the royal family for over 7 decades.

Poof.

I don't want to tell you to riot, but I would riot.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Insane governmental incompetence and graft results in the loss of an incalculably valuable national treasure? Graft so bad that the loving firefighters couldn't even get water to fight the fire?

There aren't a lot of solutions for that. And the most obvious is an enraged mob.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

A base? The gently caress do we want a base in Brazil for?

Ohhhhh! Right, Trump is mulling over an invasion of Venezuela.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
I'm a little skeptical of the CIA angle just because this was so chaotic and stupid

Not that the CIA doesn't poo poo the bed in all sorts of ways, but this just feels like the kind of populist movement that the Yale psychos hate.