Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

get that OUT of my face posted:

thanks for this Plutonis, your posts in the South America thread are good. is there any chance that the Supreme Court reinstates Lula or are they just as crooked as the judges in the courts that have convicted him already?

also, evangelicals should not be allowed to vote in any country

Evangelicals should be handed over to the inquisition as heretics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
Did any of the candidates say this?

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
Ok this is from a troll video, but in the clip I see that people are actively campaigning on URSAL being a real thing. Like your country manages to make America not look like the stupidest democracy on the planet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmuC1fw4XeU

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Metal Cat posted:

Reminder that Edir Macedo is gonna die as a loving billionaire lol.

Holy poo poo just read the criticism section on Wikipedia he makes Pat Robertson look like Saint Francis. Seriously, Brazil needs to crush the Evangelicals.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
If Lula somehow was allowed to run and won, what would he likely do?

(I know that it's more likely he won't be and Bolsonario reigns over as the last president of Brazil)

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Plutonis posted:

Actually never mind the supreme court straight up said that Lula isn't running lol. Ha ha.

e: Edited OP to include Haddad

Congratulations on Bolsanrio making it explicitly legal to murder Favela residents.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
Did you guys just lose your national museum?

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/LatuffCartoons/status/1036460848372477952

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

it's impressive how every latin american protestant i've met has been of the "prosperity gospel, murder all poors and ayrabs, israel uber alles" variety

without exception

Like I said. Latin America needs the Inquisition back.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
What hasbeen the medias way of covering the usual suspects for this catastrophe?

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Plutonis posted:

On other news Bolsonaro straight up said this sunday that he's going to shoot people from the Worker's Party during a rally and they immediately put a motion to cancel his candidacy due to incitement to violence.

I'm guessing the courts will be fine with this.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Wow, it's literally just brazenly making it clear now that under no circumstances is pt to get in.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Plutonis posted:

I give a 50% chance of it being a false flag.

He probably saw Bob Roberts and wanted to see if he could replicate what happens in that film in real life.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Plutonis posted:

Haddad is already being served with court notices

Oh lol. So, they're going to just disqualify him too?

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

I just saw Glenn Greenwald covering this.

https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/1041838454781497345

Seriously, how americanized your right is is actually kind of astounding.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

If Brazil has a revolution please ensure these types are sent to a labour camp.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Aurubin posted:

I will never understand the contradiction of being sick of endemic corruption and voting in someone who will obviously make it worse.

It happens when the left allows itself to be disempowered and or doesn't properly crush the socalled judiciary.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
Glad I stopped watching after January 2017. Liberalism is a mental disorder.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Love Rat posted:

Fascism usually just ends with everyone slaughtering each other. Then everyone talks about how terrible it was, work to avoid it for several decades, then give up and go right back to it because they forgot about the whole slaughter part.

Well being that Brazils economy will likley make the Venezuelan economy look sane you’re likley goong to see the place start to crack up like Columbia did a half century ealier especially if Argentina collaps s next year.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

The SituAsian posted:

I thought it was because Neymar is a diving oval office

On a serious note it is really sad to see a lot of countries without strong institutions slide to authoritarianism so soon after achieving actual reform. Hopefully Bolsonaro, Duterte, Orban and their ilk are just a speed bump in history but it's hard to be so optimistic these days

liberalism has always been susceptible to the rise of dictatorship to protect property holders. The only way forward is workers republics where the property holders are subject to liquidation. Really the only way forward for Brazil is a Mao. Brazil can only survive the twenty first century with someone willing to exterminate both the upperclass while effectively engaging in a campaign of debouguization of the middle.

Crowsbeak has issued a correction as of 08:20 on Oct 10, 2018

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

hoiyes posted:

It's probably far more likely that Brazil plunges down every positive social index, social misery and murder rockets up (despite the official government figures going down, obviously) and quickly becomes the Bad PR Country for the right, like Venezuela is for the left.

Brazil also had a lot of pretty damning existing factors.

This one.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Well she at least publicly is against privaitzation.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
Brazil really does show why tv is good and the internet is bad if you want to maintain a oligarchy.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Plutonis posted:

Cid Gomes (Ciro's brother that was elected senator) shittalked PT during a pro-Haddad rally this monday. These people are so incredibly loving stupid and petty jfc.

How many offensive missles does Venezuela have? And what are there range, can they hit pro bolsonario areas?

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
That "temple" is ungodly ugly.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
Brazils evangelicals should be handed over to an inquisition.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

ZearothK posted:

It will serve to highlight the hypocrisy of the Fundies supporting him, but I don't think it will do much else.

Fundies will always talk about King David. Seriously, napalm such people in their temples of Satan.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
If there is a Brazil in fifty years. It will be lead by a police state founded by a Mao like figure who will have either exterminated or exiled the top ten percent of its population.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Max Awfuls posted:

The worst part about the Brazil election is that there is literally zero subterfuge or dog whistling or subtle winking about fascism. It's a fascist candidate straight up telling you he's a fascist and running on promises of fascist policies and people are voting on him because they endorse his fascism. There's no other way around it, 55% of the brazilian electorate willingly voted for fascism because they wanted it, they were not hoodwinked or coerced into it, they absolutely owned it.

Only way forward is revolution and stripping those who refuse to admit that they are wrong of vote and speech. Fallowed by use in tree planting platoons.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Dead Beef posted:

there is no way to get rid of a fascist without violence, btw

sorry Brazil

Definitely Brazil will need to organise a specific campaign of persecution against pentecostals. Luckily they will break easily against a iron fist. They don’t have much understanding that being a Christian is about suffering. So smashing them should be easy.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

i cant see any result other than his brutal neoliberal program becoming insanely unpopular and he embraces full on dictatorship to hold into power.

basically macron if macron had the balls to actually declare himself a jupitarian god emperor

This, world economy is headed towards another big fall. Commodities, building boom is off so nowhere to drive commodity production. Brazil could see several droughts that shut down part of the country due to damns not having water. Bolsanario will bring the full dictatorship. The only way out of this is through force of arms. I suggest whomever takes over afterwords does what is neceserry and purifies Brazil entirely.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
The gangs make me think of a smaller scale versus of China’s warlords.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

yeah basically he voted for bolsonaro, went to a counterprotest to yell at lefties and was immediately assaulted by police for being black and "looking like a drug dealer" and now he hates bolsonaro. also his mother said he probably deserved it.

Good. Also there is a future and it will be born in America.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Plutonis posted:

Gun laws coming yall

Are they trying to disarm you all?

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Plutonis posted:

We need a Pol Pot and with god as my witness if I must take that role I shall accept it without a doubt

Nah just go Mao. Hell you don't need to do a destruction of the old culture, because the Neoliberals already did that. Also, turn over the evangelicals to a Church lead inquisition.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Plutonis posted:

The CNBB (National conference of the Bishops) has been quite critical of Bolsonaro and the far right calls them commies.

Isn’t he also a loving Pentecostal and gets his support from vile American grown protestant converts? Time to bring back the inquisition and bring on the pyres I say.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Plutonis posted:

He's going to apologize to the STF and others as well and said that it wasn't just Carlos who has access to the account.

(In Trump voice) what a loser.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

bagual posted:

https://twitter.com/cartacapital/status/1201526963447447552

The newly appointed head of the federal art foundation says rock music breeds drugs, abortions and satanism.

ok where's the moldy file cabinet they're taking these talking points from, what the hell

it's good for the us and bad for brazil, that's why it's good for brazil :eng99:

Wow you guys imported the 80s evangelicals.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

The Unnamed One posted:

We didn’t import jack poo poo, it’s all the loving Rockefellers fault

https://www.brasilwire.com/holy-war/

I mean being that your countries elite and middle class ideal seems to be cucking themselves to the worse aspects of America as a whole....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
Why am I seeing #bolsonarogenocida popping up?