Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Plutonis posted:

The french are also considering canceling the EU-Mercosur trade deal too. I can't wait for us to become 80s South Africa

Good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

The wonders of having no government.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Why?

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

STF?
Edit: Thanks

genericnick has issued a correction as of 13:21 on May 28, 2020

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Coup confirmed.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Can he do a second expression or does he need a mechanic to change it?

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

joepinetree posted:

I never thought that Lula's apparently massive hog and thighs would be just about the most shared meme of recent times, but I guess that is where we are

For example

lol

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

frajaq posted:

Oh my god Moro really is going to be a candidate isn't he

aaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I know nothing about Brazil, but will the Balsanaros bring up how he rigged the investigations against Lula? And the good liberals insist you're not allowed to talk about Bolsanaro fake news?

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

dead gay comedy forums posted:

all I know is that Lula is shrewdest political operator in Brazil right now, so the possibilities are

-- greenwald got it from a legit source and lula is planning an incredible move out of it that has nothing to do with that but solves some other issue

-- gigantic loving hoax and greenwald again shows that he is "country-I-am-in" cursed, where he becomes an absolute dumbass every 2 out of 3 takes about Brazil

Seems to me putting the neolib guy in the VP slot is incompatible with living out your term as a leftist, but what do I know.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

frankenfreak posted:

So what I'm getting is that Lula needs to find the tankiest tankie to make his VP so they won't dare to coup him?

First question in the job interview for VP should be: What rank do you hold in the PLA?

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Explain this concept of "making friends with the right". Has that ever worked for anyone?

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

They're going to rig the vote for him.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Hope he wins and orders a few PLA divisions from Aliexpress.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/Vinncent/status/1581811494349869058

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

bagual posted:

https://twitter.com/siteptbr/status/1584587199852740608

Casimiro backlash became the most liked pt-br tweet of all time, the guy literally shied away from overt politics this election and they just had to gently caress with him, all for a stupid little meme buried in their instagram stories

it's like the Bozo campaign is a machinegun pointed at their own feet by now, only the torrent of money is keeping him up

I have really no idea about Brazil, but do the Bolsonaros know anything about all those gently caress ups or are they just happily marinading their brains in their own WhatsApp groups without a care in the world?

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Plutonis posted:

Lula pledged fiscal responsibility and agrobusiness subsidies on his economy charter lol. At least there's some decent stuff like zero income tax to those who earn less than 5k a month and bringing back Minha Casa Minha Vida.

Gah.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

joepinetree posted:

I think Lula is making the right noises right now. If we start next year with a real increase in the minimum wage and making of the 600 bucks permanent, that will go a long way towards cementing his support.

And I don't think Bolsonaro will go away, but he is not going to matter that much either. His personal support is likely 25% or so, with the rest of his votes coming from anti-PT votes.

Bolsonaro was a fluke of circumstance. Had Lula been allowed to run in 2018, I honestly don't think he would have even been in the 2nd round. Bolsonaro did the worst out of Marina/Alckmin/himself in 2nd round polls and I think a lot of the anti-PT vote would have migrated to one of the other 2 to try to stop lula. But when lula was arrested, polls started showing Bolsonaro 1st and Haddad 2nd, so the anti-PT vote had nowhere to go but consolidate behind Bolsonaro.

2026 with like a Zema or a Leite running and looking to do better in a run off against whoever PT runs, and Bolsonaro may find himself in 3rd place.

Isn't it kind of a good thing that Bolso hangs around? Too much loser energy to get the opposition unified around him, too much of a little poo poo to let anyone else take the lead, dumb like a bag of rocks.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Fleetwood posted:

would make a great cspam background

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Aren't the "security services of Brazil" full of Bolsanaro psychos?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Lmao, he's mad