Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8KsLNASLuI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

instead of having the money to properly run shielded cables, just don't have a fire

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Plutonis posted:

I give a 50% chance of it being a false flag.

it's too plausible that it's a false flag and he didn't know you're supposed to wear a knife proof vest

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

AOU!!!

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Please lord, make it happen.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Rather than calling this an americanized form of politics, it's more accurate to say that Brazilian reactionaries have adopted the paranoid style of politics. Sure they got it from America, but the point is that it works in any country.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Jose posted:

that first one is incredibly loving stupid

Right wingers are all bad faith actors who basically want to be jerked off at everyone else's expense.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

this is gonna boost him in the polls

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

There's no consensus, you just have to beat them.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Plutonis posted:

Big rear end protests against the guy this saturday, tiny ones in favor of him this sunday. Sad!

Failsonaro

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

joepinetree posted:

In line to vote at my Brazilian consulate . Never seen a line this long, I'd say 80% bozo voters. They are openly campaigning for him here, and the Globo people covering this are joining them, asking for pictures and all that.

Expats are scum.

Except you, of course.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Looks like Christmas came early for Plutonis. You're finally gonna get that civil war.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

nerdz posted:

Let me share a funny (and tragic) anecdote:

My friend's mother voted for Bolsonaro. My friend's brother is currently on the run because he's a drug addict and trafficker that tried to steal from his boss, so he's marked for death.

Friend's mother: Now all of these criminals and bums will be killed by the police, we will be safe again

Friend: Mom, you know that they'll kill brother right?

Friend's Mother: Of course not, your brother is small fry, they'll go for the big ones now

And now there's one more face ready to be eaten by leopards.

The Philippines is right there

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

World War 3 will finally settle the question of who gets to be white.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

I think if Brazilians really put some elbow grease into it, they can beat the Colombian serial killer records.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Bip Roberts posted:

which side of imperialism is brazil?

Settler colonialism.

Anyway, left-liberal and Social Democratic parties like the PT just end up proving over and over again that there's no reformist path out of capitalist deprivation. If you're not willing to fight bourgeois class power in real and meaningful ways they'll reassert their dominance inevitably.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

babypolis posted:

yeah well im not willing to shed blood because im a softhearted baby, and seemingly neither do you friend.

If I had to deal with the Latin American right I'd be exactly like Plutonis. I'm sure there are worse people on the planet somewhere, but it's hard to believe.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Trump is like the buffoonish villain in a children’s cartoon, and Bolsonaro is a camp guard in Schindler’s List.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

No reason not to be a communist, really.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

You're not white in Brazil if your family never owned slaves.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Kunster posted:

It kinda borrows from us. I recall on the same week people in my country being super condescending towards Palestine during the Cast Iron ordeal but then having to witness everyone sort of berating a Jewish family having a funeral on the nearby cemetery, save for like my dad (Who's very Pro-IDF) and me (Who follows Ali Abunimah on Twitter).

And yeah, the race ordeal still bleeds here as well. I know for certain that authorities started double checking me a whole more after 9/11 and was constantly told not to grow my facial hair and to keep my ID extra secure "since terrorists could use it to sneak into the Portuguese territory and do bad things here".

Why, are y'all Lebanese?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

If Haddad squeezes out a win all the Bolsonaro heads are going to claim the election was stolen, so it's mass murder either way.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

If Haddad wins they're just gonna straight up kill him.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

there was some weeb game Brazilian players were infamous in too. Ragnarok Online.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Kurnugia posted:

oh I agree, i know it’s an idpol thingy, i’m just fascinated by that moment when those peopel find out what thought was their identity (in case of nazis, being white) isnt shared by the people they thought they shared their identity with. i have this fantasy of some brazilian nazi walking up to some norse looking guy with a thors hammer around his neck and starting with that whole ”us white peopel, w need to stink together” spiel and being told in confusion ”but brazilians arent whote???”

This happens all the loving time online. White Europeans especially love to tell rich Brazilians that they're not white.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

I think the joke about Finns being Asiatic is rooted in some 19th century English race scientist who classified Finns as Mongolian based on rumors that he heard, even though he'd never actually met a Finn or even left England.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Elias_Maluco posted:

Bolsonaristas are already rushing to explain that the KKK belongs to the left, since it was founded by democrats

https://twitter.com/coringa1978/status/1052216722877485056

Ok, so Bolsonaro is a leftist.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Plutonis posted:

We're gonna invade Venezuela in 2020 or earlier with US backing and it'll be a horrible bog just like the Saudis are having with Yemen

They've been itching for a war with Colombia for a decade, and Bolsonaro's gonna give them a war that makes them look even better.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Elias_Maluco posted:

The only way Brazil could and would start a war with Venezuela is if Trump supports it, politically and militarily

My hope is that Trump would not want it (seems to me it would be a very expensive war)

Trump was dying to invade Venezuela and had to be talked down from it. He kept floating it to dignitaries at the UN and basically everyone in the world told him it was a bad idea.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Metal Cat posted:

But under what casus belli Brazil would start a war with Venezuela? Refugees trying to get into the country isn't gonna justify that. More importantly, why wouldn't they just hire a bunch of mercs instead?

It's easy as Hell to invent a casus belli, and if the United States supports them they don't even need one. The international community couldn't stop them from invading Venezuela unilaterally because nobody has the balls to sanction a BRICS country in any way that counts.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Plutonis posted:

his 200 million dollar replica of the Solomonic Temple

woah momma

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Plutonis posted:

lmao a vid just got leaked of Sao Paulo governor candidate Doria loving five women in a motel

Does that help or hurt his chances?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

the virgin atheist: promotes free love but hasn’t had sex since college.

the chad evangelical: promotes family values but has sex with five of his congregants’ wives at the same time.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Negrostrike posted:

Visiting MIGHT be fine, but moving to Brazil s pretty much the worst idea ever unless you're in Venezuela or Syria or...

You're better off staying in both countries.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

The "failure of social democracy" is broadly that they're unwilling to engage in class war, even if they're not per se corrupt like the PT was. The ruling class is constantly scheming to maintain the dictatorship of the bourgeoisie, and even being slightly inconvenienced by the left of center is intolerable.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Fascism arises when people are frustrated with having to negotiate with an increasingly complex world, and just want to pound it all into submitting to their will. If you think communists are like wh40k Chaos legions then of course killing them all would solve your problems. And if not then you can just kill, rape, torture, or beat up any other degenerate elements until society finally meets the standard of your own personal ideals. This isn't a "fundamental" difference in a person's essential essence or whatever, it's just a stunted stage of moral development. Fascists are manchildren who never let go of a might makes right mentality, and try to apply it to a modern world which is infinitely more complex than they'll ever be capable of handling.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

:rip: Brazil, you were a country.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

*NYT voice* actually it’s the left that’s responsible for Bolsonaro’s victory.