Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

same in guatemala

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

That's really weird, up until the past couple years I thought of Brazil's relationship to religion as "Catholicism, but not too much and definitely not on Carnaval", with puritanical evangelism being a mostly US phenomenon.

my dude, the last 20 years have been a massive loving shift across most of latin america

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

imo the honduras hurricane in the late 90s was the impetus, but that's because i was connected with lots of churches that sent people to the area. it could have been going on even earlier

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

holy gently caress that's bad

god dammit

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Plutonis posted:

They adopted the victim complex too since after the stabbing attack they now complain about left violence while ignoring, let's say, the several right violence acts and incitement that preceded it.

feeling victimized after being stabbed in the back is a very, uh, continental thing

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

what brazilian starts a dance with an ironic disco move

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

had to make sure that author wasn't ed hochuli's kid

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

where's that mspaint mongrel race meme, i haven't seen it in years

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

get that OUT of my face posted:

is it a 4chan mspaint meme or is it from somewhere else? i don't want to post the wrong one. also the 4chan one is, as you would expect, pretty racist

yeah it was that one, with men from around europe proclaiming their whiteness while looking increasingly swarthy; i liked the ironic reading of it that kinda proves that "pure-blood aryanism" is a stupid myth and none of that poo poo matters

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

get that OUT of my face posted:

i would not be surprised if brazil invaded venezuela with the implied blessing of the US

i hope it's an iraq/kuwait situation and we end up invading brazil

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

greeted as liberators, i like the sound of that

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lancemantis posted:

Someone hasn’t encountered the Messianic “Jews”

i went to one of their churches in jerusalem and it was hilarious

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i voted PSL in 2016, what's the issue