Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house
I know I'm really late for this but let's see if we can get season 6 going anyway. This is a 12-man Yahoo Keeper league with a $30 buy-in.

This is the current team list, but I'm expecting changes with how late I am to set it up. Feel free to bail if you're no longer interested. I'll try to offer up the abandoned teams or we switch to a 10-man league or something. Alternatively, let's all sign up again. :cool:

1. internet inc - RENEWED :homebrew:
2. dalstrs - RENEWED :homebrew:
3. ffoecaf - RENEWED :homebrew:
4. wandler20 - Ninja Bob NEW GUY
5. DC Murderverse - RENEWED :homebrew:
6. U Deflated Bro? - RENEWED :homebrew:
7. no use for a team - RENEWED :homebrew:
8. Team Tebow - RENEWED :homebrew:
9. dewey7788 - RENEWED :homebrew:
10. Von Bonez - RENEWED :homebrew:
11. Jay Pride - RENEWED :homebrew:
12. OxySnake - RENEWED :homebrew:

Waitlist:

1- Ninja Bob - IN
2- Substandard

:homebrew: = PAID

RULES:

Snake draft, Yahoo Standard Scoring
QB, WR, WR, W/R/T, RB, RB, TE, K, D/ST, 6x BN
3 keepers per year (max) and I'm blocking the first 2 rounds for keepers status since we voted to keep players as long as we want.
3 divisions, 6 playoff spots with 3 byes. #1 seed of every division advances, the other 3 go into the playoffs with their overall records. In other words, we could have playoffs with all of division 1 and the winners of division 2 and 3.
Waiver period is 2 days and will work as a continual rolling list, meaning you can hold on to your waiver pick for as long as you want.
The penalty for keeper status is +1 draft round per year and you can keep these players for as long as you want.
Payouts will be 60% for the playoff winner, 30% for second place, and 10% for third place.
I will be collecting your money through PayPal at internet.incorporated at Google's mail service.

:getin:

internet inc fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Aug 28, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ffoecaf
Sep 17, 2005

Get Off My Lawn
I'm in again

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

I’m in again

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

At least this way my kill will have some use
Dinosaur Gum
I'm in.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

i would like to take a moment for everyone to remember the absurdity of my 2017 season, which is one of the most frustrating and hilarious seasons of fantasy football I've ever had.

My draft:

Round 1: Ezekiel Elliot - Suspended for 6 weeks, still the highest scoring guy on my team who wasn't a QB. was the result of many heart palpitations as his whole suspension saga played out
Round 2: Gronk - the foundation of my team
Round 3: Allen Robinson - died week 1 RIP
Round 4: Golden Tate - Fine, starter
Round 5: Emmanuel Sanders - mediocre, starter
Round 6: Jonathan Stewart - Terrible, also a starter for me most weeks
Round 7: Eddie Lacy - poo poo, dropped
Round 8: John Brown - poo poo, dropped
Round 9: Jeremy Hill - poo poo, dropped
Round 10: Phillip Rivers - mediocre, my starter until he was traded for Jared Goff and Dion Lewis
Round 11: Kirk Cousins - my first keeper, mediocre
Round 12: Coby Fleener - poo poo, dropped
Round 13: Breshad Perriman - poo poo, dropped
Round 14: Kenneth Dixon - poo poo, dropped
Round 15: Baltimore D - good

despite that garbage roster, i played the wire and got a key trade and managed to sneak into the playoffs because my final week opponent laid an egg, lost because, and i cannot stress this enough

gently caress BILL BELECHICK IN HIS GARBAGE loving rear end ALL YOU HAD TO DO WAS RUN DION LEWIS ONE GODDAMN TIME AND YOU WOULD HAVE A TOUCHDOWN BUT NO YOU KEPT RUNNING THAT GARBAGE PILE BACKUP AND HE KEPT loving UP

and then watched as my team outscored my theoretical opponents in the playoffs over the next two weeks, meaning that I was one Dion Lewis touchdown away from winning the entire goddamn league despite starting Jonathan Stewart most weeks

props to Nelson Agholor, Jared Goff, Dion Lewis, Juju Smith-Schuster, Devin Funchess, and Samaje Perine for being less garbage than the poo poo i drafted. the opposite of props to Bill Belechick, the worst human being on the face of this planet

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin
I'm interested in picking up a team if someone drops out.

dewey7788
Oct 10, 2004

Don't Toews me bro!
Reporting for duty!

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house
Awww yeah. Updated the OP.

https://doodle.com/poll/qnnu9q8hdsweqm5x

Let's get some votes in. Sooner we set a date for the draft the better.

DC Murderverse posted:

i would like to take a moment for everyone to remember the absurdity of my 2017 season, which is one of the most frustrating and hilarious seasons of fantasy football I've ever had.

My draft:

Round 1: Ezekiel Elliot - Suspended for 6 weeks, still the highest scoring guy on my team who wasn't a QB. was the result of many heart palpitations as his whole suspension saga played out
Round 2: Gronk - the foundation of my team
Round 3: Allen Robinson - died week 1 RIP
Round 4: Golden Tate - Fine, starter
Round 5: Emmanuel Sanders - mediocre, starter
Round 6: Jonathan Stewart - Terrible, also a starter for me most weeks
Round 7: Eddie Lacy - poo poo, dropped
Round 8: John Brown - poo poo, dropped
Round 9: Jeremy Hill - poo poo, dropped
Round 10: Phillip Rivers - mediocre, my starter until he was traded for Jared Goff and Dion Lewis
Round 11: Kirk Cousins - my first keeper, mediocre
Round 12: Coby Fleener - poo poo, dropped
Round 13: Breshad Perriman - poo poo, dropped
Round 14: Kenneth Dixon - poo poo, dropped
Round 15: Baltimore D - good

despite that garbage roster, i played the wire and got a key trade and managed to sneak into the playoffs because my final week opponent laid an egg, lost because, and i cannot stress this enough

gently caress BILL BELECHICK IN HIS GARBAGE loving rear end ALL YOU HAD TO DO WAS RUN DION LEWIS ONE GODDAMN TIME AND YOU WOULD HAVE A TOUCHDOWN BUT NO YOU KEPT RUNNING THAT GARBAGE PILE BACKUP AND HE KEPT loving UP

and then watched as my team outscored my theoretical opponents in the playoffs over the next two weeks, meaning that I was one Dion Lewis touchdown away from winning the entire goddamn league despite starting Jonathan Stewart most weeks

props to Nelson Agholor, Jared Goff, Dion Lewis, Juju Smith-Schuster, Devin Funchess, and Samaje Perine for being less garbage than the poo poo i drafted. the opposite of props to Bill Belechick, the worst human being on the face of this planet

I love me a good rant.

Also gently caress Bill Belichick. Now and forever.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I'm out if you can replace me. If not, I'll play.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

I'm back,

I'm in.

I'm not going to finish last this year. :hellyeah:

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Edit nvm, was looking for a link.

$$$ otw.

Paint Crop Pro fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Aug 23, 2018

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
I'm interested if you have any open slots available.

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house
Ninja Bob (or Substandard) you'd be picking up this team:

quote:

The Dougernauts - wandler20

Case Keenum (Den - QB) - Undrafted
Sammy Watkins (KC - WR) - Round 4, Pick 7
Jordy Nelson (Oak - WR) - Round 1, Pick 5
Carlos Hyde (Cle - RB) Q - Round 2, Pick 8
Giovani Bernard (Cin - RB) - Round 13, Pick 6
Cameron Brate (TB - TE) - Round 10, Pick 8
Greg Olsen (Car - TE) - Round 3, Pick 4
Rishard Matthews (Ten - WR) PUP-P - Round 12, Pick 8
Kenny Stills (Mia - WR) Q - Undrafted
Joe Mixon (Cin - RB) - Round 3, Pick 5
Jared Cook (Oak - TE) - Undrafted
Randall Cobb (GB - WR) - Round 8, Pick 8
Nick Foles (Phi - QB) - Undrafted
Josh Lambo (Jax - K) - Undrafted
Minnesota (Min - DEF) - Round 11, Pick 5
Carson Wentz (Phi - QB) Q - Round 6, Pick 8

I'm sure we can find some sort of compensation or gift or something for the new manager without being unfair to the current ones. :)

Are you in?

dewey7788
Oct 10, 2004

Don't Toews me bro!
Should we set a draft date and keeper deadline?

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house
Sure!

Let's set a temporary September 2 @ 9:30 PM EST. If you (dewey7788), Frank, and dalstrs can meet halfway between 9 and 10, I think we could do 11 out of12 (depending on the 12th player) which is preeeeeeetty good. The other 2 messed up their Doodle for some reason.

Still no word from Ninja Bob or Substandard but I should hear back from them soon as they're in another league I run on SA.

Keeper deadline is gonna be 24 hours prior to the draft.

E: I can't set the draft date/keeper deadline on Yahoo until all teams are locked in.

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

internet inc posted:

Sure!

Let's set a temporary September 2 @ 9:30 PM EST. If you (dewey7788), Frank, and dalstrs can meet halfway between 9 and 10, I think we could do 11 out of12 (depending on the 12th player) which is preeeeeeetty good. The other 2 messed up their Doodle for some reason.

Still no word from Ninja Bob or Substandard but I should hear back from them soon as they're in another league I run on SA.

Keeper deadline is gonna be 24 hours prior to the draft.

E: I can't set the draft date/keeper deadline on Yahoo until all teams are locked in.

I can make that work.

dewey7788
Oct 10, 2004

Don't Toews me bro!

dalstrs posted:

I can make that work.

Same here.

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house
Dope. :D

Also it looks like we're gonna be short one manager. :( I'm going to keep asking around, but with the draft coming up in a few days it's going to be tough. Not to mention it's always a problem to have new owners take over a team they didn't build themselves.

That said, I have two questions for all of you:

1) Should we do this year as a 10-man league? Another manager was on the fence about coming back and wouldn't mind dropping out.

2) Should we switch to a redraft league starting next year to avoid the trouble of having to find new people? It is much easier to get people to sign up in non-keeper leagues.

What do you say?

Never mind, I got someone. :D

internet inc fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Aug 29, 2018

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Is it possible to change my last keeper? McKinnon blew his ACL so if I can change it to Crowder I would appreciate it.

Edited from Kupp to Crowder

dalstrs fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Sep 2, 2018

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house
As the commissioner I want to say no in case someone seriously prepared using your McKinnon keeper, etc.

As a player I give zero fucks who you choose. :D What do you guys think?

Also, I'll use the opportunity to remind you all that there's an IR spot for players on real life IR.

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

internet inc posted:

As the commissioner I want to say no in case someone seriously prepared using your McKinnon keeper, etc.

As a player I give zero fucks who you choose. :D What do you guys think?

Also, I'll use the opportunity to remind you all that there's an IR spot for players on real life IR.

Keeper or not he's unavailable for everyone. I'll go by what everyone decides but didn't think it was that big a deal.

dewey7788
Oct 10, 2004

Don't Toews me bro!
I say it's fine

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

balls

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

I have actually outdone my projections for I think the first time in this league. Hurray for Diggs / Green!

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Hey, I just noticed our waivers our setup wrong. In game the setting is reverse standings, they should be rolling.

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house

dalstrs posted:

Hey, I just noticed our waivers our setup wrong. In game the setting is reverse standings, they should be rolling.

Ugh. I have no idea. Every other setting stayed the same so I don't know what happened there. :(

Probably too late to change it?

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

internet inc posted:

Ugh. I have no idea. Every other setting stayed the same so I don't know what happened there. :(

Probably too late to change it?

I say change it if it lets you. Every league I was in that used inverse stands hated it and changed it to rolling.

dewey7788
Oct 10, 2004

Don't Toews me bro!
My vote is to keep it the way it is. No important changes should be made in the middle of the season.

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

dewey7788 posted:

My vote is to keep it the way it is. No important changes should be made in the middle of the season.

I got to disagree here. The rules of the league say it should be rolling. I played the first several weeks like it was rolling. Being first right now it affects me more than anyone else but I am also not asking for the commish to go back and change the order when I should probably have a waiver in the top 3 or 4.

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house
I've been going back and forth over this but right now I kind of agree with dalstrs. I think it's not that big of a deal to change it 4 weeks in since we're going to a continual rolling list so we're not actually ruining someone's strategy of saving the first waiver pick or whatever. The worse teams benefited from the best picks through 4 weeks, and the ones that are better of can now start to strategize their waiver picks.

Edit: Looks like I can't randomize the waiver order though. Tomorrow's waiver order is the one you see now, but going forward it's going to be a rolling list.

And for next year I set up a little script to email each of you 2 months ahead of the start of the season on top of the Yahoo reminders, as well as a little checklist of things to do for me (including reviewing the rules, voting on things, etc.) so this doesn't happen again. :D

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

i hate patrick mahomes so loving much

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house
Money sent! As usual, sorry for the delay! Busy holidays, etc.

See you next year! :D

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

internet inc posted:

Good season guys, it has been fun!

dewey7788
Oct 10, 2004

Don't Toews me bro!

internet inc posted:

Received! Thanks for a another great season everyone!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Bumping with a link to the new thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3894947