Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

I serve at the pleasure of the President.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Goon Danton posted:

She'd be a wide eyed political ingenue whose job it is to ask questions so our heroic apparatchiks can explain how things really work to her.

she'd be sorority girl from the newsroom take 2

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

aaron sorkin made a career out of taking those scenarios you run in your head after a discussion where you go "Ah god dammit I shoulda said this I shoulda said that!" and making movies and tv shows where you did say those things

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

TheChirurgeon posted:

I seriously can't believe this was ever written seriously

that fuckin pilot handshake

Like seriously, as much as I love dunking on the West Wing's garbage politics, it's at least a very watchable show with lots of solid performances and you can at least look back on some of its less unforgivable ideas with "this was written in the late 90s/early 2000s." But then you get to Studio 60 and Newsroom and holee loving poo poo do things fly right off the rails and into loving dumbshit bonkers town where Sorkin is literally huffing a bag of his own farts. I love the podcast y'all are doing but if I were pressed I'd rather subject you to the torture of reviewing those shows just for the sheer comedy that would result

somebody else said it - huffing your own farts works when the huffees are the loving president of USA and his staff, but not very well when it's faux snl writers and cast or faux cnn newscasters

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

MonsieurChoc posted:

Oh man, we got to the worst scene, where Toby is the biggest rear end in a top hat ever. :allears:

"go to bed please"?

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

witty repartee, fast talking, good dialogue and ZERO P O L I C I E S (or to be precise, zero useful policies)

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

https://twitter.com/jmrivera02/status/1134491115917389824

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

TheChirurgeon posted:

Good stuff, glad to have this podcast back!

A request/note: When you do "Somebody's going to emergency, Somebody's going to jail," the plotline around Sam's dad is re-used whole cloth from Sports Night. Between that and the fact that everyone else's dad on either show is either dead, abusive, had Alzheimer's, or is scowling at you because your brother is in Afghanistan, dammit!, I gotta believe Sorkin had a real poo poo relationship with his dad. The only dad the shows don't hate is President Dad himself.

it would be funny if sorkin had a brother who was a soldier and kept killing his characters' soldier brothers across all of his shows

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Victory Position posted:

is there any chance you'll cover the worst movie ever made, "Charlie Wilson's War" ?

the CIA guy we're supposed to sympathize with because of him being discriminated before we remember that the good work he's talking about having done for the company is couping governments and probably training death squads

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Dave is the best president movie

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

I want that podcast sorkin show they were talking about on chapo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pNyRPozymg

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Acinonyx posted:

Now that we're into the arc where our big strong dad is running for re-election, we'll finally learn something about his agenda!
Oh wait, nope, he's still the most centrist, useless, decorum infested poo poo and has no actual motivation beyond ego.

lol remember when he bitched about leo always holding him back and leading him to the middle blah blah blah and then they decided to "let bartlet be bartlet" and ... NOTHING
radical centrism at its best

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

lol remember the time when toby is in a bar and meets the father of a girl that's gonna go to college and the father tells him he's not looking for a free ride, he ain't no freeloader, just for things to be a bit easier, you know
so they make college costs tax deductible or something
I mean you're writing this stuff and you don't think to put in a working class guy who can't send his kid to college but some middle class-upper middle class guy who just wants things to be a little bit cheaper
it's pure propaganda for centrism, and I've got no beef with the propaganda part, propaganda is how you communicate with the masses, it's what they're shilling for that's crap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Come on now, that snl lady singing hallelujah after trump won was hilarious
And also a certified Sorkin Moment