Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zet
Aug 3, 2010

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Using the abilities with hand gestures is pretty fun too, though I keep accidentally casting some kind of AE damage spell under myself whenever I climb things.

Once you get your right-trigger ability you can hit that before finishing your cast and toss it aside/drop it. Doesn't straight up cancel your spell but it's less annoying than the self damage.

I still haven't completely figured out Sensitive flight and can stall out while trying to get back into the motion of things. I'm enjoying being in the world though and wandering around it. I think that's nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zet
Aug 3, 2010
It has a demo(?) at https://worldseed.eu/ too. Poked around at it. I think there are dungeons that are multi-person? But haven't explored that yet. That and the global chat are the most 'multiplayer' I saw in my brief time with it.

Zet
Aug 3, 2010
Palia's twitter recently started vaguely mentioning beta testing again, so may be another one on the horizon:

https://twitter.com/playPalia/status/1546583989774721024

Zet
Aug 3, 2010

No Dignity posted:

Some of GW2's solutions are really janky but they're good in principle. FF14's though... realising how precision jumping worked in that game was horrifying

How does it work in 14? Because as far as I can tell it doesn't :/

Zet
Aug 3, 2010

No Dignity posted:

Your air momentum is entirely dictated by your movement speed when you jumped, so precision platforming is done by hitting the sweet spot between starting movement and the top speed of your run animation as required for the jump (which in practice means finding the right moment between running for .3 and .4 seconds where your jump will convert into the right aerial momentum to land safely)

Aaaaaa. Yeah, that explains a lot of what I experienced with that summer tower jumping puzzle. Thanks!

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zet
Aug 3, 2010
I never played any variation of Runescape but looking at the new game from the creator makes me think it's just a logical iteration off of Runescape? That is, not especially impressive graphics and lots of jobs where you make number go up? So I could see a subset of old Runescape players who want to "go back" to those days be for it?

(I guess for personal context, my first "MMO" was some private server variation of Ragnarok Online or Phantasy Star Online and then Anarchy Online when it went free in 2004)