Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014

I've never seen a retail card like that before and this is the first dual fan founders edition. my hot take: looks power hungry af

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014

netwerk23 posted:

It's 2018, why aren't the Good Gaming Rigs being submerged in mineral oil yet? That was going to be a thing I thought.

check out 3m novec, pretty cool stuff

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

I’ve never worked anywhere that didn’t have weird wireless issues in certain parts of the building or meeting rooms where the wireless “just didn’t work.”

guess using a spectrum analyzer as part of a post install walkthrough just isn’t a thing anymore? dunno.

no clue what equipment we use but my workplace has spotless wifi in every room, on every floor. only problem I ever had was it got kind of slow on new laptop day when everyone was syncing and installing new stuff

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

presumably you are not using a macbook then

macbooks come with the worst wireless chip known to man, which barely work under ideal conditions. apple loves the broadcom chips because they combine bluetooth and wireless in a single-chip solution

(here's hoping that apple doing more and more of their own chip work means bluetooth integrated to a w1 core, and no more loving broadcom)

yep its a Thinkpad. wouldn't the intel solutions also be single chip though?

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014
amd is going to wipe the floor with intel and Nvidia next year

• Locked thread