Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A_Bug_That_Thinks
Mar 16, 2011

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE BIG SAGGY POKEMON TITS
Olive Garden? Gross

Good thing I have the Cultural Capital, intelligence, and good taste to avoid eating at the trough like these...um...these...[coughs]

Good thing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A_Bug_That_Thinks
Mar 16, 2011

Sid Vicious posted:

I went to Wendy's recently instead of McDonald's

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
This is how you get suacy spaghetti noodles sticking out of your freaking rear end in a top hat imo

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Whoa a freaking joke posted on the comedy forum what the gently caress...

A_Bug_That_Thinks
Mar 16, 2011

:mamacita:

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Mu Zeta posted:

Olive Garden is expensive. This is the same price as a fancy real Italian restaurant.

I had the tour of Italy once and it was pretty dece

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
Apparently people in small towns are forced to eat Olive Garden when they want to feel fancy, as they are incapable of cooking food on their own.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Leon Einstein posted:

Apparently people in small towns are forced to eat Olive Garden when they want to feel fancy, as they are incapable of cooking food on their own.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxlFvi8uzb0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDP5WhHCYyU

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
Susan Powter grew her hair out? Talk about a blast from the past.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Leon Einstein posted:

Yeah, that's thing I don't get. If you want to have a nice meal with your partner, then cook them a steak or carbonara or something. No one is forced to eat frozen chain slop, even in the rural Midwest.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
i barely ever eat out im too poor usually its the in laws coming into town and they want to go to some chain restaurant and since im not paying i can't complain

and also, you don't understand why you wouldn't want to cook and clean up and maybe grocery shop because you dont have all the ingredients? didn't know there were so many 1%ers on here that just cruise through the day and have their au pair prep everything must be nice

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012

Do it ironically posted:

i barely ever eat out im too poor usually its the in laws coming into town and they want to go to some chain restaurant and since im not paying i can't complain

and also, you don't understand why you wouldn't want to cook and clean up and maybe grocery shop because you dont have all the ingredients? didn't know there were so many 1%ers on here that just cruise through the day and have their au pair prep everything must be nice
I'm not a 1% and I am capable of shopping, cooking, and cleaning all by myself. Why are your expectations of your fellow humans so low?

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Do it ironically posted:

Lol, that shopping, cooking and cleaning are outside your reach.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
e: ^^^ are y'all being purposefully dense? sometimes, even though you're capable, you don't want to cook and clean because you just got off a fuckin 12 hour shift or some poo poo

I'm not ashamed to say that I've gotten olive garden takeout multiple times in the past year despite having numerous local options that have freshly made pastas and sauces. it's just convenient. and some things on their menu are perfectly fine.

Stevie Lee fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Aug 22, 2018

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Stevie Lee posted:

e: ^^^ are y'all being purposefully dense?

I vote for this for new GBS forum name.^^^

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012

Stevie Lee posted:

e: ^^^ are y'all being purposefully dense? sometimes, even though you're capable, you don't want to cook and clean because you just got off a fuckin 12 hour shift or some poo poo

I'm not ashamed to say that I've gotten olive garden takeout multiple times in the past year despite having numerous local options that have freshly made pastas and sauces. it's just convenient. and some things on their menu are perfectly fine.
That's fine; I don't care if you like OG. It's just stupid to act like you must be a 1% to prep and make your own meals.

A_Bug_That_Thinks
Mar 16, 2011

What has Olive Garden done to us

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Leon Einstein posted:

That's fine; I don't care if you like OG. It's just stupid to act like you must be a 1% to prep and make your own meals.

denser than the shits I take after eating a tour of italy

(he never said anything resembling what you're saying)

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Mu Zeta posted:

Olive Garden is expensive. This is the same price as a fancy real Italian restaurant.

Dude a fancy real Italian restaurant is way way more than that.
That is however the same or MORE than a mom and pop corner Italian place that has food twice as good.

But someone from a hick town is gonna write five paragraphs attempting to shame me now over something because they wouldn't let the dagos move in to Wuttsitville back in the 30's or something, and have no such places.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Grape posted:

Dude a fancy real Italian restaurant is way way more than that.
That is however the same or MORE than a mom and pop corner Italian place that has food twice as good.

But someone from a hick town is gonna write five paragraphs attempting to shame me now over something because they wouldn't let the dagos move in to Wuttsitville back in the 30's or something, and have no such places.

You're dumb as poo poo.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Blue Train posted:

You're dumb as poo poo.

Sorry about your gas station with an Econolodge that you call a town. :shrug:

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Grape posted:

Sorry about your gas station with an Econolodge that you call a town. :shrug:

Congrats on your dumb gently caress elitism and otherization of people you deem unworthy getting trump elected

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Blue Train posted:

Congrats on your dumb gently caress elitism and otherization of people you deem unworthy getting trump elected

I actually only started making fun of you guys after the election lol. Because heck, you've earned it.

Also because I live next to a rusting pile of poo poo mini-Detroit city, so truck stop farmers calling my area elitist are kinda also not getting my sympathy much.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

A_Bug_That_Thinks posted:

What has Olive Garden done to us

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Blue Train posted:

Lmao if you think anything but Russian interference effectively got Trump elected

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Trump's election fully convinced me that small town white America should be allowed to die off the stupid death it's voted itself into.
Before that I was totally considerate of saving them or whatever, but yeah not anymore.
Think we need to take Old Yeller out behind the shed and do what's best for us both.

We should have a voucher program for all the sane good folk in those towns who just want to get out though. And if the ghouls their peers vote for haven't done away with "chain migration" yet we can let them bring grandma along.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Wait is Olive garden bourg or prole?

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
The bourg demand never ending bread sticks! Proles slumped over bakery lines.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Lotta people unfortunately don’t know how to cook because they’re too busy at work, live in a place that has a lovely kitchen, or their parents didn’t teach them. So chain restaurants are all they know.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

In fairness some ingredients for certain ethnic stuff will be hard to get if you live places where those people never moved to in large numbers.

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

I took a girlfriend to an olive garden for dinner once 12 or 13 years ago and she broke up with me. This happened a few months after we went there but I'm pretty sure Olive Garden ruined our relationship.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Imagine getting mad at someone for saying “I like Olive Garden” on the internet. Imagine doing it and then actually saying it. It is a dumb fast food chain and people are allowed to enjoy the dumb thing. Not everything is a class struggle

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Can we start a goon fundraiser to buy all of these and give them to homeless people? We'd be helping the homeless, and filling olive gardens with homeless people for a year.

A_Bug_That_Thinks
Mar 16, 2011

King of Bees posted:

Wait is Olive garden bourg or prole?

The boogie poo poo on proles for liking it

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Grape posted:

In fairness some ingredients for certain ethnic stuff will be hard to get if you live places where those people never moved to in large numbers.

basics can be very difficult to get in smalltown USA, depending on the situation. we had difficulty getting a sufficient number of eggs when i lived in backwoods virginia until my family made friends with someone who owned chickens, who owned chickens precisely because there frequently weren't enough eggs at the market.

(the reason was that the store owner's wife really liked baking so she would use a shitload of eggs making sweets that nobody needed and selling those instead of just selling the eggs, which is what people actually needed. another thing that got easier after walmart came to town.)

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

A_Bug_That_Thinks posted:

The boogie poo poo on proles for liking it

Naw it's boring middle class stuff at least where I am.
The funny thing about some of the poor areas is that they actually have crazy good (and cheap) access to a ton of different ethnic foods. Because cool rear end immigrant grocery stores and little family owned joints tend to be in somewhat ghetto areas.
It's an insane gamble for the inner-city I guess, either you wind up in a food desert, or a food eden. There is no in between.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Jesus this thread hates the OG. I've always had lovely alfredo there.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
Incestuous Buttbuddy would make a pretty good user name

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Boiling pasta is for the 1% lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
what a rollercoaster, now we are talking about the People of Olive Garden: A Trump's tale

lmfao

• Locked thread