Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

HenryEx posted:

Speaking of trash piling up, what do i do with these stacks of limestone, and sulfur

i mean i can grind them down in the lachemy lab

That's all you can do with 'em. Limestone for white powder so you can make porcelain urns or white paint, sulfur for life powder which is one of the recipes if you're embalming, and I guess health potions if you aren't big on chugging wine or figuring out how to dodge everything in the dungeon (or just facetank everything and die with zero consequences).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Fishing would have been a good way to spend time as well as making an income (fish is some major silver that handles the wonky economic 'simulation' they put in better than other merchandise) but somewhere in their patching the devs made time stand still while you're doing so. :shrug:

Aristocrat papers is probably the worst of the bullshit with a final gently caress you afterward why yes I'd like to wait another loving two weeks to end this game!.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Besides, upgrading the church only benefits how much faith you're getting out of sermons plus success rates. Once you reach 60 you can basically call it complete.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Town's gone to poo poo (the village is a-ok for some reason), apocalypse is here but hey let's gather together at the spot where our last graveyard keeper disappeared and everything exploded. Surely nothing can go wrong? :psyduck:

Yeah, that was not signposted at all.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

The main goal of the game is to make 12 gold pieces. Everything else will fall out of that.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Even that is wonk-ily implemented. You can sometimes convince the dungeon that it has been cleared before all the enemies are wiped; I noticed this when I've pulled out monsters from the last room then died.

Also there is no penalty to dying, thus no reason to ever make healing potions.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

LLSix posted:

Edit Edit: oh thank goodness, it's only like 2 silver from the lighthouse to buy all 4. Why'd I spend 5 sp on this fancy fishing rod?

For two things.
1. It's a pretty decent silver generator that's better than any other 'sell to merchant' option because of the variety of fish plus the various qualities for a good number of them. The price won't be as depressed for a full stamina haul.
2. Achievements.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Approach the fort's entrance in the first half of the night then head directly left. I had a hell of a time finding him too.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

There's also the barrier in the swamp just north of your house that has the icon to interact with it but nothing happens. Aaaand the fort that''s completely sprited and used exactly once. Aaaaaaaaaand the upper floor of the inn that's fully detailed with a warning about needing a certain amount of relationship points with the innkeeper. There is only one reason to go up there and it's not because the innkeeper or his wife disappear!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand the goddamn captain in the inn who is on the NPC list but says one thing and does NOTHING else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Zereth posted:

The real question is how hard it is to get the automation started.

Zombie juice and 10 faith. Zombie juice is also fairly cheap but you do need to get underneath the church and build the related alchemy structures before you can start. Soooo..transitioning from early to mid game? And highest rate is about 30% of your own speed, worst is ~2%.

Still doesn't deal with the dire late game grind all that well.