Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

waffy posted:

Doubles owns and doesn't get the attention it deserves. Go watch.

Barty is cool and good but Vandeweghe is her partner, and Kiki is on the other side of the net... third set should be good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

runoverbobby
Apr 21, 2007

Fighting like beavers.
Doubles is fun in person but not on television. The points are shorter than singles AND there is more time between points because the players insist on having a cover-the-mouth strategy chat before every serve.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

ESPN already has del Po down as the winner.

http://www.espn.com/tennis/history

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

It’s fun seeing how many racist people in here think they know what they are talking about while doubling down and continue to be racist while plenty of people of color and actual sports experts explain why it was racism and bad calls.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

LionArcher posted:

It’s fun seeing how many racist people in here think they know what they are talking about while doubling down and continue to be racist while plenty of people of color and actual sports experts explain why it was racism and bad calls.

you posted skip bayless dude

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

can't believe the aryan dream Naomi Osaka was gifted a grand slam.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Her opponent doesn't matter because it's not that the umpire wanted to gift a slam to a white person, it's that he created the appearance of punishing "uppity" behavior that has been excused in other circumstances

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Her opponent doesn't matter because it's not that the umpire wanted to gift a slam to a white person, it's that he created the appearance of punishing "uppity" behavior that has been excused in other circumstances

Exactly.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Yeah a lot of people seem to think racism is an active planned thing when it's often an ingrained emotional reaction.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Ash Barty, Grand Slam Champion :3:

also CoCo I guess

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

LionArcher posted:

Nobody in the general press knows jack poo poo about tennis.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
If tennis really wanted to be racist they could try investigating why Serena Williams is dominating a highly athletic sport at the age of like 69.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Christ this is a bad take.

fancyclown
Dec 10, 2012
I can’t believe all the people giving Serena pass after pass after pass. Some people can’t do any wrong huh? She should totally be excepted from the rules everyone else play by. Apologize to her right now!

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

C'mon del Po.

Cornflakes
Dec 3, 2006

let’s gooooo delpo :neckbeard:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I hope good honest boy DelPo beats the Dope Fiend.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I am glad that the heroic Delpo can unite both sides of the Serena wars in their hatred of the fraud Novak

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

As a man under the age of 87 I wish DelPo good luck in the fight against designer steroids.

fancyclown
Dec 10, 2012
Yes, Delpo is the hero we need right now. A soft, handsome hero.

am0kgonzo
Jun 18, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

It also has been punished in other, similar circumstances. But sure, has to be racism.

Cornflakes
Dec 3, 2006

wish i was in the friends of delpo party box rn

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Djoko looks like he wants revenge for the time del Po made him cry.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Cornflakes posted:

wish i was in the friends of delpo party box rn

they'll be eschewing gluten and firing up the centrifuges in Belgrade tonight

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I hate this

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

djokovic winning is way worse than the weebo tennis association helping the japanese woman win for men everywhere.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Yes delpo

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
To say the obvious, I hope Djokovic falls apart mentally and physically.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Poor match. Let's watch some 90s Tour Championship matches instead imo.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Best crowd. Anger Djokovic some more plz

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
lol this announcer lady can't catch a break

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Wow look at djokovic melting down game penalty imo

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

I miss Jim Courier.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Wonder why the crowd dislikes the guy who screams his head off at them all the time.

Cornflakes
Dec 3, 2006

i think he’s usually screaming at his box

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Puckish Rogue posted:

I miss Jim Courier.

Michael Chang, mmm what a player.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.