Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Welcome to Wyoming, population 600,000 people all of them dipshits. Wyoming has the distinction of being the least populated state in the US and the most republican by vote percentage. However since the state has managed to avoid becoming kansas theres a bit more going on than it seems. The GOP, a degenerate hive of neocons, succdems, theocrats, and libertarian "ranchers", remains the only real way for people to get in polics for 80% of the state, which has peaked with an actual dedicated PAC encouraging people to vote in GOP primaries to gently caress with their results and owning the poo poo out of millionaire Foster Friess, the trump approved candidate for wyo governor who lost to boring rear end suit Mark Gordon.

The Wyoming Democrats meanwhile are stuck as a microcosm of the democrats nationwide. Most of the dem base is made up of bernie sanders supporters who understand government intervention will be needed to solve pretty much anything in the state since the free market would treat Wyo like the Belgian Congo at the first chance. Unfortunately, all the money is concentrated in Jackson Hole, the only blue county in the state and one of the wealthiest counties in the county, so the shitlibs there are the only visible example of dem policies, which are basically the policies of the shitlibs in california, which has carried into JH having the highest eviction rate in the state. Good job hell fuckers.

Anyway the elections in nov 2018 will prolly just result in the current status quo. Mary Throne, the dem candidate for govenor is boring as poo poo and cant really seperate her self from boring rear end mark and will assuredly lose hard, the congressional races will remain red because the candidates are boring :matters:, and the states attempts at economic diversification will prolly fail despite having like a 1.5 billion dollar fund they could use to just put up some state owned weed dispensaries or some poo poo and skipping the tax debate entirely by just dumping weed profit straight into general fund because the state legislature is made by either small business tyrants, retirees with hobby ranches, or the failsons of the latter two with a few people from the state bureaucracy scattered here and there. Hail loving satan may the yellowstone volcano just erase this worthless loving state

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
Does wyoming still have drive thru bars

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

yes, i used to frequent a place that did drive through daiquiris back when i was in the central part of the state

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Agean90 posted:

yes, i used to frequent a place that did drive through daiquiris back when i was in the central part of the state

dang i never seen any drive thrus with hooch but a few convenience stores round here and they just got beer n wine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zXKtfKnfT8 indeed

Plastic Megaphone
Aug 11, 2007
No more credit from the liquor store.
I covered politics in Cheyenne for five years. My city councilman was Richard Johnson, a former skater punk who was elected because nobody bothered researching the candidates so they voted for the guy whose name is literally the word "dick" two times in a row. He admitted to me he ran for office on a dare.

Here he is (on the left) during the most recent Cheyenne Frontier Days rodeo. He's posing alongside Jim Byrd, one of the only elected Democrats in the Wyoming House of Representatives, and a man who will stop at nothing to try to work legal marijuana into literally any bill he can -- a farming bill, a tax bill, whatever it is, he'll try to sneak some decriminalization language in there.

Johnson turned out to be a surprisingly refreshing council member. He's spent most of his term so far repealing poorly-enforced and outdated laws and using his position to push hard for local charity fundraisers. He's also an avowed atheist and regularly wears heavy metal band t-shirts to council events, bearing names like Baby Death Rattle or Nun Explosion.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

I need to pay more attention to council poo poo since I live in Cheyenne, only thing I know about is that there's some dude named Gunner malm running and he sounds like an SS comander from a pulpy ww2 movie

Plastic Megaphone
Aug 11, 2007
No more credit from the liquor store.
He's sort of an Evan McMullin type from what I remember of him (I moved away last year). I have positive memories of him because he and I both utterly despised Moses Lee Hasenauer, the semi-literate Alex Jones-style conspiracy theorist who stumbled his way through two years as a goddamn county commissioner. Hasenauer was so loving bad he actually managed to get replaced by a Democrat in the next election, which is still pretty tough to do in Laramie County outside of specific legislative districts.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i drove entirely too far in wyoming on highway with cones block one of the lanes for loving ever and i still have no idea why

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

welcome to construction season bitch

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

lmao

https://mobile.twitter.com/Bencjacobs/status/1037364724315443200

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
Pinedale, WY, all the civilization you need:

http://www.pinedaleonline.com/news/2013/11/scr-group-9784.jpg

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

never been to pinedale, is it crappy or like Sheridan where u drive into it and it's like o hey this place is actualy pretty nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Agean90 posted:

never been to pinedale, is it crappy or like Sheridan where u drive into it and it's like o hey this place is actualy pretty nice

there's some money there i think, but i would disagree with the contention that it is all the civilization that u need

• Locked thread