Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

It's August 31st. It's September somewhere. Here we talk about things with wheels, motors, appendages, babbies, poo poo and generally drive Adiabatic slowly insane.

This month we'll find out:

Did STR ever take a poo poo or what

Whether FAT 32's babby has more hair than dad

How many of Rhyno's friends end up on the news

Whether slidebite's sunroof quits working

More tales from tetrapyloctomy's emergency room

If CommieGIR starts politics chat this month

If Kaker can squeeze another kei into his garage

If You Am I finishes his lego car

Whether everdave's Camry keeps its fluids topped off

If CAT INTERCEPTOR finally stops shaking his fist at the clouds

What new vintage electronic MGS has bought

Which automaker is winning the race for the bottom

Which of the regular posters Adiabatic probes first

And which irregular poster joins the cool kids club

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
September is objectively the best month.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

^^ Agreed. I love September. And I go on a 3 week holiday in 2 weeks, so I'm looking forward to that.

Goober Peas posted:

Whether slidebite's sunroof quits working

Sunroof status:l functioning

Don't jinx me man, I'm not expecting it to die :ohdear:

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
Will Tremek's lawn ever get mowed

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

meatpimp shafted in the OP. :sigh:

I thought there'd at least be a derisive comment for bringing up poly ticks.

Dagen H posted:

Will Tremek's lawn ever get mowed

Most important question.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
A dude I used to have as a reg at the bar is getting charged with murder so uh, thread goal achieved?

He's not my friend so I don't think it qualifies.
VVVV

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Aug 31, 2018

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
:allears:

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Rhyno posted:

A dude I used to have as a reg at the bar is getting charged with murder so uh, thread goal achieved?

VVVV

Did he murder your friend?

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

tetrapyloctomy posted:

If you discuss your impending relationship without increasingly strained car metaphors, it'd be great.

She's starting to show her miles, but I'm planning to keep my DD until the wheels fall off. In the last year she's removed some extra baggage from the trunk and is planning to hit up the body shop in the next few months.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
I've managed to avoid the cool kids club for the last dozen years. Why change now?

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
You've got one of the best projects on here, you're slowly inducting yourself whether you like it or not.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

builds character posted:

Did he murder your friend?

No, this is unrelated to my friend's death last year.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Rhyno posted:

No, this is unrelated to my friend's death last year.

Ordinarily I wouldn't ask, but, you know...

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

builds character posted:

Ordinarily I wouldn't ask, but, you know...

My friend was murdered back in Feb of last year. Her killer remains free.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Rhyno posted:

My friend was murdered back in Feb of last year. Her killer remains free.

This thread isn't fun anymore, I want a new one

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Red leader standing by

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Red leader standing by

Pull up! Pull up!

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Red leader standing by

https://twitter.com/PaperBatVG/status/1031089178023477248

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

Rhyno posted:

VVVV
You know him. Monthly goal achieved.

Also, nothing slow about the speed we're adi insane at.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Dagen H posted:

This thread isn't fun anymore, I want a new one

YOU GUYS SUMMONED THIS BY PUTTING IT IN THE OP I DIDN'T WANT THIS

YOU ALL MADE THIS HAPPEN

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
Av/post combo

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
Red October standing by

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

will everdave regale us with stories of sheathing his sword?

tetrapyloctomy posted:

If you discuss your impending relationship without increasingly strained car metaphors, it'd be great.

Also this.

FAT 32, you are gonna be a good dad. All AI dads are good dads.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
FAT32 you ready to be exhausted and frustrated and joyful and desperate and proud?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Holy poo poo

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
slippy noooooooooooooooooo

lmao

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

My automotive confession: I once wired up A pillar gauges :ughh: and did a nice job soldering the wiring but couldn't get the add a fuse things to work (probably me not completing the circuit with a fuse during testing and thinking they were bad :downs:) so I jammed the wires into a normal fuse slot and wedged a fuse in there. Also my seat mount brackets for my miata were pretty lovely but I lived in an apartment and was the best I could do at the time. Sorry next owner!

I also sold a couple high mileage cars for cheap when I started noticing the oil getting more sparkles (not chunks, but some glitter) than I was comfortable with.

That's probably about the worst of it. I'm usually the PO that buys a car and replaces a bunch of poo poo, then sells it for the same price or less. :v:

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

Wrar posted:

FAT32 you ready to be exhausted and frustrated and joyful and desperate and proud?

I always thought parents were exaggerating the sleep deprivation and everything, but God drat it's no joke. Nothing is more frustrating than finally getting the kid to fall asleep, then the second her head hits the crib, she's wide awake. My wife and I have been splitting the nights, so I go to bed around 10 or 11, she stays up till 2 or so and puts the kid to bed(usually with my help). Then I get up whenever the kid decides she needs to eat again, which has been 5am most days. So then we hang out in the nursery watching TV till around 10am when I get my wife up. It seems like plenty of sleep, but it never is. Not sure how it's gonna work when I have to go back to work, but at least I work from home and have a flexible schedule.

Also, how the gently caress do babies manage to take a giant poo poo the second they get put in a car seat? Then, as soon as you get them cleaned up and back in the car seat, they puke all over themselves. Now I know why new parents are always late, it takes an hour to get out of the house minimum. It took about 90 minutes and 3 changes of clothes last time we went over the my in-laws.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
Non-automotive confession: I have nothing of value to contribute to these forums. I'm just here to drop dadjokes and one-liners, and to collect emptyquotes and golfclaps to bolster my weak self-esteem.

Most of you probably have me on ignore anyway.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Today's poo poo status: 1

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Dagen H posted:

Non-automotive confession: I have nothing of value to contribute to these forums. I'm just here to drop dadjokes and one-liners, and to collect emptyquotes and golfclaps to bolster my weak self-esteem.

Edit: This post was just an emptyquote, but then I read:

Guinness posted:

https://jalopnik.com/spying-on-employees-screwing-buyers-what-went-wrong-a-1827474482

Yikes, apparently ECS Tuning has become a real poo poo show of a company.

It's a shame to see that happen to ECS. I knew Tom and Brian, along with Andy their dad, since the mid-90s. They ran a shop called Euro Car Service and I had everything from my Biturbo to my allroad there and they were good guys. They were one of the first companies that cut their own brake bracket to make "big brake" kits for Audis, and expanded from there. Tom said that I started their company blowing up by giving them a :filez: version of the VAG ETKA, which got them access to all of the part numbers of all of the VAG parts. From there, they developed contacts in other countries to supply said part numbers and the rest is history.

Shame they took such a colossal poo poo as a company, but from what I hear Brian and Tom got big payouts from the acquisition, so I hope it worked out well for them. Oh yeah, they also ran some serious street racing on Friday nights. Out in the middle of nowhere, or on the freeways :( ... it got crazy and it's good that nobody ever got hurt.

meatpimp fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Aug 31, 2018

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Seminal Flu posted:

meatpimp shafted in the OP. :sigh:

I thought there'd at least be a derisive comment for bringing up poly ticks.

Most important question.

Your shaft is meaty enough :glomp:

We should probably check in on Rhyno's carpet burn though

:iceburn:

Goober Peas fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Aug 31, 2018

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Dagen H posted:

I only have one poster on ignore and its not you

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

fridge corn posted:

I only have one poster on ignore and its not you
Is it me?

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
Automotive confession: I hate my Capri
I hate this tiny piece of poo poo. It allegedly makes power and is just full of tiny problems that I can't seem to fix. It's cute and I bought it when I was on my last manic episode, so I'm too ashamed to let people in real life know that I regret getting it as much as I do

Non-automotive confession: I'm terrified of school. This is the fourth time I've taken Rhetoric, and I just can't seem to finish it. It's so easy, but I just can't do it for some reason

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

STR posted:

Today's poo poo status: 1

Keep a running tally going. Gotta be sure you're regular.

Drove twice to Tucson this week. Finally some good* loving mileage

(*For relative values of "good." I've been plagued with like 14 mpg for the past two months.)

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Keep a running tally going. Gotta be sure you're regular.

Drove twice to Tucson this week. Finally some good* loving mileage

(*For relative values of "good." I've been plagued with like 14 mpg for the past two months.)

By chance, how fast are you going? You should be breaking 20 mpg on the highway.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
The 17mpg was four gallons of city driving plus a solid 80mph for the remaining ten. The 22 was also a solid 80, but for nearly the entire tank. Plus, there was some spirited coming up to speed and stuff at a few ramps and idling in a line at a car wash.

I've had 26 before, but that was on a schedule where I drove to work at 65 with cruise control during light traffic (1300, but going opposite the freeway traffic), and 65 coming home at 0200 with zero traffic, and zero city driving. 14 is going to the shops and stuff, where it's driving for a mile on city roads with like eight stoplights, then getting onto an on-ramp, then exiting the freeway 2 or 3 miles later for another mile of lights.

E: VVVV uhh, check your extensions or for malware or something. Even with adblock/ublock off I'm not getting anything.

Queen_Combat fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Aug 31, 2018

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

So is there a reason random words on the forums are being linked to dumbass adds?

Just hosed up my back working out, yay for getting old :smithicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Awaken me upon the completion of the ninth month of the calendar year.

• Locked thread