Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.
Just got a replacement exhaust manifold for my Equinox delivered. Not really looking forward to doing that this weekend but at least it'll stop sounding like a freight train every time I start my car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

Darchangel posted:

I'm sorry, did you say something?
Edit: kidding. Amazingly, none of you have annoyed me enough to warrant ignoring. In software, at least.

The only goon to piss me off enough to actually add to my ignore list was Snatch Duster.

Edit VVVVV: :aaa: :barf:

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

... that guy that was buying retaliatory avs for being called out about dog loving ....

Magnus Praeda fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Aug 31, 2018

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

InitialDave posted:

Just work your way through their whisk(e)y shelf.

:emptyquote:

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

IOwnCalculus posted:

Backblaze B2 storage?

Or Amazon Glacier, maybe. Especially if you only expect to ever need it if something happens to the original data.

Rhyno posted:

There's some tv that never got a decent home release or the music rights were never cleared so the official release is wrong.

Daria is like this. Fortunately, there's an unofficial pirate version out there that uses the DVD releases as the source but replaces the crappy soundalike music with the original soundtrack. Similarly, there's likely never going to be a release of the 3rd season of Pete & Pete on DVD because of music rights issues, which sucks.

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

Olympic Mathlete posted:

I don't think I ever saw the 3rd season. The first two were soundtracked by the band in the intro, Polaris were they not? I assume that changed for the 3rd?

Polaris did a lot of the music but not all of it and it's that "but not all of it" that leaves it in licensing hell, apparently.
http://digg.com/2018/pete-and-pete-season-3-dvd-music-licensing-nickelodeon

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

Goober Peas posted:

I've had a Dell all-in-one color laser that has bulletproof for years. The OEM toner is pricey but I found a local goon who keeps me well stocked for 1/4 of the cost and have had no quality issues.

I've had my Dell 1320c for slightly over a decade at this point. Bought it when I was in grad school. I haven't used OEM toner since the sample cartridges ran out. It's still trucking along just fine and still works with Windows 10 even though it's not officially supported anymore. Getting it to work under Linux is an exercise in frustration, though. For scanning stuff, I technically have a lovely HP AIO stuffed under my desk (it's long since run out of ink) but honestly, I usually just use Office Lens on my phone.

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

Epitope posted:

Woke up to the car being gone Monday morning, the cops found it last night. Just went and picked it up, junkie residue all over. I know I should be grateful it was recovered (and fast), but it's mildly traumatic having to deal with the clean up. I've had this car for 14 years, it's one of the most familiar spaces I know. Seeing it trashed is still hitting me at a visceral level. I shouldn't have left a key in the glove box, sorry ham bone. At least they left the dashboard buddha

I feel you, man. My car got ransacked by some meth heads a few years ago--didn't steal the car but stole some tools and my laptop that I'd forgotten was in the back seat--and just dealing with the aftermath of that was really disconcerting. Also disconcerting was realizing just how incompetent my local PD is. The only reason I got my laptop back was because I'd provided the S/N as part of the police report and kept calling back to see if they'd made any progress. They kept it for two months in evidence before giving it back, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

Wrar posted:

I have an LG made Kenmore badged fridge and I've had 0 issues with it.

I love my LG washer and dryer. On top of doing a fantastic job of getting my clothes clean, they play these happy little tunes when the cycle ends like they're just so pleased to have done their job well. :3: If we ever get around to replacing the appliances in the kitchen I'll probably go with LG (or LG-made) ones.

• Locked thread