Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Venezuela doesn’t even have Muslims so they’re going to have to work pretty hard to make up a reason for this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Saturday cartoons aren't really a thing anymore though. Lots of nature stuff, animal adoption, veterinary shows nowadays.

I was just thinking maybe Fox told local affiliates not to bother covering it.

Bullshit, broadcast tv is jam packed with Saturday morning cartoons

Dubbed in Spanish

I guess only Hispanic kids are cool with He Man these days.

DoktorLoken posted:

A lot of the eulogies were subtle skewers of Trumpism. It's a shame no other currently elected Republicans will learn from this and the loss of John McCain.

“Subtle skewers” are insanely loving lame from people who should actively be fighting to make this country better. I got so sick of hearing people talk about how the Queen of England’s selection of broaches was somehow a super mega slam against somebody who couldn’t give less of a poo poo.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Shaddak posted:

I suppose no one should be shocked but, there's been a racist robocall targetting Gillum in Florida, per CNN:
https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/09/01/politics/racist-robocall-florida-andrew-gillum/index.html

hosed up that none of this would've happened if Obama hadn't been elected

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The shrieking, screaming, finger-pointing, and obstructionism that Republicans use as majority or minority has seemed to work out extremely well for them (and would work even better if they weren't all constantly committing crimes) so it's always disappointing to see Democrats urge caution and :decorum: instead of active and energetic leadership.

If the Democrats have some grand strategy in mind they sure could be more convincing about it. Instead we see establishment Dems reserving their energy for fighting against Maxine Waters and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Sep 3, 2018

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

lmao, reminder that Spicey is a reservist

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Heinlein has such massive range as an author that I cannot sign on with people who point to Starship Troopers and claim that he was 100% sincere about those being his actual beliefs

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

who poses in front of a galant

who gets excited about welding an exhaust manifold onto whatever a god drat "Holden Kingswood" is

is this from an episode of New Zealand Trailer Park Boys?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I can't even google a picture of this "white supremacist hand gesture" and D&D still seems to be 100% convinced that's what it was and is melting down over it.

Yes, I know, water wet, etc.

Here you go bud

https://twitter.com/natemcdermott/s...%3D4319%23pti16

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Vasudus posted:

It's Pence.

I'd put my money on this. The article is too simply worded to be from a general imo.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Love how the president usually tries to discredit whomever publishes an article with anonymous sources but this time he immediately confirms that he believes it's real

He must be loving furious

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

shame on an IGA posted:

Gaslighting Trump into killing himself seems like the best outcome for the GOP at this point because then they get someone to competent to push their hellworld agenda and get a martyr and get to blame the liberal media for all of it.

If somebody takes over for Trump they are going to be the lamest duck imaginable. There's no way the GOP Congress would hold together after losing the guy they spent 2+ years rallying their base behind.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

So...still confirming that the person who wrote it is a senior Trump official. Outstanding.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Laranzu posted:

Come on Chevy loving do it. The fires will be seen for miles.

Chevy’s the one with the commercials featuring chuds talking about how their trucks look mean and fierce. Not gonna happen.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

How is the news cycle around Kavanaugh remotely important enough to break up? He's not getting confirmed by a popular vote and the hearings are a total charade.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Anroid

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Smiling Jack posted:

It's impossible. The balkanization of laws in America at the state, county and municipal level require officers to be trained on local laws

Is there actually such a requirement? "Ignorance of the law is no excuse" doesn't seem to apply to the police when people are improperly detained or an officer is unable to explain what they're charging an individual for.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

facialimpediment posted:

NYT is doing an interesting thing where they're conducting polls and compiling the data in real-time here: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/upshot/elections-polls.html

It's a really fascinating look into how the polling sausage is made and some of the problems that show up with traditional, gold-standard phone polling.

https://twitter.com/Nate_Cohn/status/1037891388401180672?s=19

How does anyone take polling seriously in this day and age

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I think people are over complicating it. White supremacists started making a sign to identify themselves and thus that sign now identifies white supremacists.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

M_Gargantua posted:

Cop walks into the wrong house, cop shoots occupant thinking they're a home invader

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/D...impression=true

Why was this treated as a disciplinary issue? Shouldn’t they have arrested her?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Guess this is what a plea deal gets you:

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Relentlessboredomm posted:

:lol:

I love when people use gov't bureaucracy to crush people who deserve it.

Saw this yesterday and thought it was the most brutal indication of our current gun problem:

https://twitter.com/Well_Regulated_/status/1037896053796872192

These people survived the Las Vegas shooting, got a PTSD dog to help them recover from almost being gunned down, and then the dog got shot by their neighbor.

jesus christ

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Turns out this was the reason the initial police statement about the officer executing her neighbor was so mild:

quote:

"At the very early stages of this investigation -- initial indications were that they were what we consider circumstances of an officer-involved shooting. However, as we continued this investigation it became clear that we were dealing with what appears to be a much different and very unique situation."

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/07/us/dallas-police-shooting/index.html

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Alternatively if enough of the Boomers die off we might have a completely different political landscape

I’m not so optimistic. The loudest, most insane voices ok the Right are people in their twenties and thirties.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

LingcodKilla posted:

Talking about this in the concealed carry thread and apparently a ranting and raving mad man is no threat to a heavily pregnant black thug and everyone should have just ignored him and walk away.

Why would you venture into such a cursed thread

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Is that what people talk about in “concealed carry communities”

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

That Works posted:

Hilariously all of his own making. Like dude, just stay off loving twitter and live it up with your billions, how is this hard.

Is the Minecraft guy still spouting white supremacist poo poo on Twitter from his $100 million house?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Professor Bling posted:

So the Texas Rangers are circling the wagons around that Dallas PD officer, Amber Guyger, that murdered a man in his apartment, claiming they released her because "she was compliant" and there's "more information they want to see" before charging her.

She's going to get away with murder scot-free.

All cops are bastards, the Dallas sniper was a good start, gently caress all cops, etc.

Edit: there's reports out that say she's "devastated" but I literally give zero shits how she feels about this unless it makes her suck start her duty weapon in which case I'm 100% supportive of her having one more officer-involved shooting

https://twitter.com/TurdyMcFergy/status/1038557681320120320

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

An “all lives matter” family murdering a black man is a little bit too on the nose

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

If I were going to put money down I would go for the classic "DA intentionally presses a single premeditated murder charge he knows will get tossed"

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Edit: Never mind

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Brute Squad posted:

Schools spying on kids. It's more likely than you think.
https://twitter.com/AnnieWaldman/status/1038459050210586624

Good lesson for kids to learn to lock their poo poo down imo

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

https://twitter.com/MejiaSouth/stat...%3D4438%23pti17

What a stupid loving shitshow that is going to end with a murderer walking

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Thinking this is weird is insanely trying too hard straight boy by the way.

Thinking this is normal is stereotypical hyper sexual homosexual

Like I barely jerked off with the boys at all after college

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Over/under on Mueller being fired before Monday?

I'll put some money on 6 Mueller firings after 1201am Monday and -3 firings before 1000pm Sunday

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

That stuff is for sure remotely monitored/controlled so it wouldn't take an internet connection for people to be able to inconspicuously compromise the network

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Hot Karl Marx posted:

at least they aren't using a mugshot type photo of him

they're definitely pissed they can't find anything but pictures of him looking good in a suit

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

You have got to be loving kidding me.

Is it normal to issue search warrants for murder victims' homes?

I can't remember if it was this thread or another but somebody totally called this and got responses saying "well actually it's totally routine to get a warrant to look for cameras that might have recorded the murder." Nah, turns out they just wanted to find/plant a dimebag

If they had good intentions with the search why would they have released the information about the weed to the media?

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Sep 14, 2018

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Lol happy Friday everyone

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Man, you kill just dozens of unarmed, innocent people and all of a sudden people are mad at you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

EBB posted:

Bad shoots and gun control chat are now banned. Go to CSPAM.

Really? The other thread made it to 8 posts before you changed your mind?

• Locked thread