Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

hahaha :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

bird food bathtub posted:

I would not be able to accept this poo poo-gently caress's signature on anything related to my service.

You're lucky, there's going to be a large number of dumb young idiots sent out to die for this loving oval office.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

Jesus. As an outsider from the US continent, this is.. gently caress - don't do this crap again. It doesn't end well for anyone.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

Thalantos posted:

I'm an idiot with anger problems, lol.

Hold it together. Nothing you can think or do is worse than what's being done.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

golden bubble posted:

Model predictions this far out are still pretty unreliable, and the Euro/ECMWF model is generally considered the best hurricane prediction model for the Atlantic. But the American GFS and FV3-GFS models have a ridiculous prediction that Florence will stall at landfall and sit on top of the NC barrier islands for three days straight.

https://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/?model=gfs&region=us&pkg=z500_mslp&runtime=2018090912&fh=-60

Err, that potential field is basically an enormous "gently caress you" to the entire continental USA. I mean, good luck.

You might try moving to Alaska?

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

Vahakyla posted:

Not true. Only Great Britain has unarmed cops. Norway’s cops are armed, but don’t sometimes have a weapon on them. Elsewhere everyone carries a weapon on patrol, and depending on place detectives might orr might not carry. Some countries or jurisdictions will have rookie cops withh everything else besides a firearm until certain patrol time is filled.

Some countries require firearm to be signed in after work, some require it to be stored in personal locker, and some allow it home.

China stands out as another place where People’s Police have an issues revolver, but not on them.

While we do have armed cops in the UK, our general cops are explicitly not armed. As per a survey done of them a couple of years ago, half of them would resign immediately if arms were required for service.

That said, I've seen and talked to the actual armed bastards while out a couple of times in my life and they know their poo poo. We just have a different way of thinking about firearms over here.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

Brute Squad posted:

Schools spying on kids. It's more likely than you think.
https://twitter.com/AnnieWaldman/status/1038459050210586624

If that'd been a possibility when I was a kid, I'd have torched the school. Disclaimer: I'm the kid that stole a modem and hacked into the school's registration systems. Or worse.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

aphid_licker posted:

Is more lumen = more eye damage or is that not how it works?

Yes, it's very specifically a measure of not only light flux, but how much your eye would pick up.

It tells you exactly how blind you'd get how quickly.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

shame on an IGA posted:

:piss:

https://twitter.com/AndyFoxWAVY/status/1039277760848584704

The center of the storm is 1,027 miles from the outer banks and they're loving already underwater

Good luck, jesus.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

Solaris 2.0 posted:

Looks like you are right about its wind dropping being "a bad thing"

That total energy measure is what's going to gently caress people. The bulk of it may move one way or another, but that huge mass of water vapour with momentum is going somewhere, and if its over you, good luck.

Or if you're outland from where it runs off, good luck. Or if you're within hundreds of miles of that much making GBS threads water being lofted around, good luck.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

Soulex posted:

Is masterbating in a group really masterbation? At what point does it become performance art?

It honestly got me thinking, do I have any good friends who haven't? I'm pretty sure I don't know anyone that hasn't tossed one off at a party.

Like, it's 2018, does anyone really care?

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

Wingnut Ninja posted:

It was basically about how Chinese companies making their employees work 12 hours a day 6 days a week is cool and good and produces great results.

e: with a "American companies should look into this" implication as well.

It's a great plan, they never mention that you dying at 50 in horrible pain is part of it. Not paying your pension is good for the economy!

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

Vasudus posted:

I'm waiting for the Library of Congress to have to archive the official Presidential Dick Pic because he wanted to prove to America that he doesn't have a toadstool-lookin' hog and uses the FEMA alert system to do it.

I'm not sure if I was trying to be funny or genuinely concerned, because we all know there's a possibility of this happening.

I hate to think what'll happen if that "sms to EVERYONE IN THE USA" system works without oversight. It won't have oversight will it, I mean, why would it.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

Milo and POTUS posted:

sometimes I love him

He may well accidentally outlaw or dismantle your nuclear force. Which'll be.. interesting.

Or at least interesting for anyone left afterwards.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Fuckin shocker over here, the party finding itself constantly fending off accusations of sexual harassment or assault loses one of the people hired to fend off accusations of sexual harassment due to evidence that they sexually harassed someone. :rolleyes:

https://mobile.twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1043507736300978177

Taking this to its logical conclusion, the entire set of elected republican officials are gay.

note: I'm not being sarcastic.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

hahaha, didn't the Russians pioneer hosed up serial numbers for production in WWII?

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

Godholio posted:

Yeah, the optimism is really kind of confusing. We've got a bunch of GOP senators already saying they're going to confirm him. Invoking the 25th doesn't do anything unless Congress plays ball (they won't) and even if they did we get President Pence, which will actually probably be worse in the long run because there will be thought behind the actions rather than OOH SHINY THING flailing that has to be somehow partially salvaged and turned into written documents by the true believers below.

There is no way they can back down, getting this guy in is everything they’ve been fighting for for 30 years, and fixes things for them for the next 30. That said it’s so messed up I have no idea which way it’ll go.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

Casimir Radon posted:

Maybe just maybe they're dogged determination to get their drinking, gambling, raping judge on the bench will matter to non-death cultists.

In a sane world you wouldn't have to say that, in this one. Who knows. I can't believe I'm trying to have a sensible thought in my head about a political party voting in a rapist. Ugh.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

Did he just Bill himself "I have never had sexual relations with this woman". Did I hear that.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

Beer, the solution to and cause of most of life's problems.

e: Man he's bad at this: "I never blacked out". I guarantee you have at least once. Judging by the number of times you've said "beer", I'd guarantee many times.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

This appears to be the headshot.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

psydude posted:

I just checked into my hotel and stopped listening. What's happening?

He's being pressed very hard about whether he'd be happy about an FBI investigation happening into this, and is floundering.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

psydude posted:

Everyone take a drink every time he mentions beer.

I'd die.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

Ignoring everything else, he should be removed from being applicable for this job for being a blatant untreated alcoholic. I'm an alcoholic, I know how we work. I mean this is just getting stupid now.

Word of the day; "Beer".

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

ded posted:

Nothing matters. He will be confirmed.

Then another Supreme Court judge will retire/die and Trump will get to pick #3.

Good luck women.

He'll likely (I'm slightly less pessimistic about it that this time yesterday) get confirmed, and it does matter. That poo poo doesn't fly with anyone my age (late 30s) or younger, and jesus, good luck if you're a republican and try to campaign to women voters.

A lot of people saw this poo poo.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

FAUXTON posted:

What is he even doing there as a nominee then?

They thought they could get away with it.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

Soulex posted:

Post from reddit but holy poo poo did the ABA just come out and gave us a saving throw

Graham: "Here's my understanding, if you lived a good life people will recognize it like the American Bar Association has, the gold standard."

Kavanaugh: "I have the unanimous, well qualified rating from the American Bar Association."

American Bar Association: "Delay Kavanaugh until FBI investigates assault allegations

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/27/politics/kavanaugh-american-bar-association/index.html

They actually have to care, for their own reasons, if this:

Becomes what everyone thinks about them in the morning.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

not caring here posted:

Was Flake the one that got confronted in the lift today? Because goddamn you'd have to be one serious stone cold evil motherfucker for that to not sway you, even if it was to just protect yourself from that again.

You don't get to that position without being stone cold. Ugh, I'm feeling optimistic, I shouldn't.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

poo poo, he has a spine. Not much of one, but at least its there.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

Oh my god, I didn't realise you could click the thing and read the transcription.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

Internet Wizard posted:

Trump ordered the FBI to conduct an investigation into Kavanaugh

He already said "It's their fault if it all fucks up" to the senate earlier in the press conference - which was a hell of an odd thing for him to do live.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

DoktorLoken posted:

:btroll: I want to move to Berlin and live on döners + cheap bottles of Augustiner Helles. Maybe live in a van. :btroll:

Agh, I only got back from Berlin a month ago and this is making me hungry. There is nothing as good as a Berlin kebab in the UK.

• Locked thread