Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
That's completely insane. Let Venezuela fall apart on its own, good Christ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

A year or so ago Maduro tried to hire assassins to kill Marco Rubio because Rubio had said mean things about him, but they immediately ratted him out after leaving Venezuela.

I'm not saying we should do anything to Venezuela (we shouldn't), but that's the most legitimate causus belli America has had in decades.

What the gently caress.

They kept that incredibly quiet, drat. Do you have a source though? Everything I can find online only points to an uncorroborated attempt from a Venezuelan lawmaker.

The Iron Rose fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Sep 1, 2018

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Exactly the plebs labour in meaningless displays of support for the troops gosh

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

the "secret symbol for white supremacy" thing is a whole bunch of really laughable conspiracy poo poo

Like you sound like an infowars comment section.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

What the gently caress.

This is the dumbest thing. Who even does something like this?

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

I hate 2018

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

mods changed my name posted:

Please iron rose tell me more about how this is all just coincidence with the 👌

I was pretty clearly conceding that it wasn't?

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Mister Sinewave posted:

I remember seeing something along the lines of

"OK imagine a company with X number of employees. X% have criminal offenses, Y% have been indicted for X Y or Z, etc etc etc. Would you want anything at all to do with that company? Would you hire them for anything? Well guess what, I'm actually talking about the US Senate!"

Oklahoma State Senate, to be scrupulously fair. Still abominable, etc

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

I think assuming the administration orchestrated this is giving them way too much credit.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Oh I'm not denying that this is a blatant hit job. I just think that it implies too much competence for this to be a deliberate action to take attention away from the Kavanaugh accusations.

Like no way that wouldn't have leaked by now.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

yeah this is pretty agonizing to listen to.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

So I know that none of these allegations will see light in a court of law. But Kavanaugh is a loving rapist and no matter what happens I'm glad he will forever be known as one.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

I mean we need at least 3 defections, because Manchin needs the political cover as he is going to lose re-election to a Republican if he votes against Kavanaugh.

Like polling showed he'd lose what, 15-20%? It went from a race with him comfortably in the lead to a dead tie.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

M_Gargantua posted:

There is no manuchin voter who’s swing issue is the kavanaugh vote

On the contrary, about a full quarter of them are:

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2018/07/19/wva_poll_vote_for_kavanaugh_boosts_manchins_chances_137576.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

M_Gargantua posted:

Counter contrary: a group of constituents who need any excuse at all to voting for child internment camps and Jim Crow mk2 do not represent accurate and honest poll responses. :decorum:

theyre going to vote red regardless of if manchin votes to confirm.

i mean, sure, that's possible i guess.

but I'm going to trust what people say they're going to do over what you say they're going to do. It's a quarter of those surveyed ffs.

That might say lovely things about West Virginians, but the fact of the matter is that, sometimes, key votes like this really do sway people from one side to another. That might make them bad people, but it doesn't change the electoral math.

For those following along: Manchin has a 29 point lead if he votes for Kavanaugh. He has a 2 point lead if he votes against.

The Iron Rose fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Sep 27, 2018

• Locked thread