Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I am really surprised that with the current administration's total hardon for MS13 they didn't pull a Sicario and link the gang to some flavor of islamic terrorist group.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
There is no ethical consumption under capitalism.

Buy whatever, it doesn't matter.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
And you can be sure that the majority of people that voted to remove a judge would lose their next election due to a hypermotivated opposition movement.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
It's Pence.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
The Op-Ed uses words and phrases similar to Pence. It is indeed entirely possible that it's not Pence himself but one of his staffers, or someone just trying to do a frame job.

Theory: Dems retake the house and tie/take the Senate. Pence 25ths, Dems are onboard, far fewer Republicans have to sign off on it.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
https://twitter.com/jamescdownie/status/1037441482469335043

This is why I think it's Pence, someone very close to Pence, or someone trying to frame Pence.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

KirbyKhan posted:

Now my wife thinks Im either a wizard with a crystal ball that fortells the death of celebrities.

"Motherfucker this was posted 18 minutes ago, the body aint even cold. HOW DO YOU ALWAYS KNOW"

And Im all "idunno internet"

There was a tweet that I can't find anymore and it was like "hey did you hear about <thing from three hours ago>" "yes, I've already heard every possible opinion about this and this conversation now brings me physical pain" and it's shockingly true for me.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
i for one am shocked i tell you, shocked, that a white nationalist lawyer working for a white nationalist policy maker and helping enact a white nationalist agenda is actually...a white nationalist

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I think I might actually go prepare for this one.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Guy that looks identical to Martello that's a former active turned NG Major with a recent-ish tour to Afghanistan?

The original acrticle when it happened provided more background.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
On the other side of the equation, my mom is trying to convince me that I need to evacuate and stay with her because of flooding. I live in a big concrete complex up high in an area that has ample drainage and not normally a flood risk.

Moms: no sense of right and wrong

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Yeah I'm going grocery shopping today. Not because I'm that worried, but because the place will be picked clean by Wednesday when I was planning on going.

I told my PM I'm not working on-site Thursday because if metro floods out I'm not taking any chances.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
sabotaging the only international effort with western nations that hasn't been ruined by recent politics to own the libs

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Sure they'll notice, because Strong Daddy Trump will tweet it out because he wants attention.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
:lol: he won't do NYC because there will be a bunch of protestors.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
That PT test will absolutely weed out a bunch of people and cause serious injuries. I don't see it making it past the Defense Health Board unless it's got serious changes. Probably toss this one on the pile for failed attempts.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Arson Daily posted:

Yo Vas I haven’t had a good existential crisis
w/r/t environmental collapse in a while so, you know, do me up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhbdyNnUliM

fake news

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
We can blame a generation of television and movies for reinforcing the idea that polygraphs are both a good thing and accurate.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
If I work over 40 hours a week I expect a good boy cookie for my efforts.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I'm waiting for the Library of Congress to have to archive the official Presidential Dick Pic because he wanted to prove to America that he doesn't have a toadstool-lookin' hog and uses the FEMA alert system to do it.

I'm not sure if I was trying to be funny or genuinely concerned, because we all know there's a possibility of this happening.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
op-eds are always amusing.

Go look up NYT articles leading up to WW2, if you think that things are any different now than before.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Brexit announcement coming up. It's good to remember that America isn't alone in owning themselves.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Trump should fire Rosenstein so we can get over this last hump of the Nixon speed run.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Ronan Farrow is more like Omar for rich and powerful white dudes at this point. Which is hilarious.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Work can have 20% of my paycheck but I'm only working 32 hours a week with absolutely no exceptions.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
If the republicans have the floor votes then all the red state dems up for reelection will probably vote for them. It'll be 53-ish yeas. Because it wouldn't change the outcome, and the math for those dems isn't energizing your base to vote for you, it's to give the guys voting against you a reason to stay home.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
leave gritty alone

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Candace Owens is the spokeswoman for Turning Point USA, of 'grown rear end man wears diapers in a crib on a college campus' fame. Don't read too much into it.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
It's even better if you consider that the reason he hooked up with her was that he didn't want to go to the Met Gala alone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Tesla's fate is likely to become an ultra high end luxury company that makes powertrain kits for popular luxury cars to convert them into electrics. It should be pretty clear that they have absolutely no business in making their cars on a large scale. They've squandered every advantage they had in getting a head start on the electric market and now actual real car companies are going to eat them alive.

• Locked thread