Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!

Really Pants posted:

does the evil empire still use one of Hitler's speeches almost verbatim, except with the word "magical" instead of "white"

Yeah, the emperor is not a good guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Andrast posted:

If I could just do drafts (and sealed I guess) all the time at a reasonable cost I would play a ton of MTG arena.

Unfortunately that’s not the case so I will never play it
thank god for whoever created cube draft

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

homeless snail posted:

thank god for whoever created cube draft

Unfortunately I don’t really get the chance to cube anymore now that I left university

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
eternal darkness was cool but i feel like the last few chapters really lost track of what made the game fun because it shifted away from characters being forced with horrifying paranormal stuff to just sort of walking through rooms and killing enemies repeatedly and then casting magic, and edward and alex's entire chapters were basically just running through the exact same huge empty rooms multiple times, and even used the exact same set of rooms for both, with the only difference being that alex has some puzzle-solving and you have to cast shield constantly just to run back to the teleporter every time.

still, the final boss is basically a big jrpg end boss so that owned. probably not going to replay the game twice though

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

I forget what changes if you beat it with all three gods. probably just some extra ending cutscene. did you get the secret purple rune though

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The Colonel posted:

eternal darkness was cool but i feel like the last few chapters really lost track of what made the game fun because it shifted away from characters being forced with horrifying paranormal stuff to just sort of walking through rooms and killing enemies repeatedly and then casting magic, and edward and alex's entire chapters were basically just running through the exact same huge empty rooms multiple times, and even used the exact same set of rooms for both, with the only difference being that alex has some puzzle-solving and you have to cast shield constantly just to run back to the teleporter every time.

still, the final boss is basically a big jrpg end boss so that owned. probably not going to replay the game twice though

I wanted to like it but found it unimpressive when it came out cause its got a lot of dumb bullshit

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

b_d posted:

I forget what changes if you beat it with all three gods. probably just some extra ending cutscene. did you get the secret purple rune though

Literally just a 30-second cutscene explaining how all this time you were a mere pawn in a game beyond your own understanding with a sequel hook (that will never happen now :rip: )

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

b_d posted:

Yeah, there are three different endings.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

b_d posted:

i didn't

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

it’s in one of the later chapters. iirc it works as all three of the other gods runes at once making magic even more op

in other news the name timespinner kept nagging at me and i searched my email to discover that i did indeed back it a hundred years ago so i guess I own that now :toot:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

how about the Enchanted Gladius

b_d posted:

it’s in one of the later chapters.

it's Dr. Lindsey's chapter

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Really Pants posted:

how about the Enchanted Gladius

i didn't

i don't think i would've really needed either of them though, mantorok's rune would've made specific elemental weaknesses easier to deal with but the problem at the end isn't really elements so much as constantly needing to cast different magic and needing to wait for your mana to refill

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

happy halloween

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Magic the Gathering Puzzle Quest is remarkably fun

But the best phone card game is Night of Full Moon, which is like Slay the Spire but with more randomness and more strategy and the only thing you ever have to pay for is the additional classes, which are a buck each. The art style is cute and you play as Little Red Riding Hood trying to find your grandmother in a Pratchett-esque world. I'm legit amazed I've never seen anyone else mention it in here.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This is the sort of content I like to see here.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Post more videos of the KITTEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Ometeotl posted:

Reopen the Smash thread, you coward

smash thread deserves this

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I finished Timespinner, it was decent but yeah short. Lol at the people being mad about how gay everyone is in it though.

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

More like metroidGAYnia am i rite

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Andrast posted:

Bowsette was too hardcore for the OP

https://twitter.com/kawanocy/status/1046536697347887105?s=19

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Steve Yun posted:

gently caress you that horse is awesome

Horse for president

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJSFlMCTXE8

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy
I bought the gold edition of AC Odyssey because I have zero impulse control and also I need another big-rear end rpg that I can easily lose myself in because my real life sucks rear end right now

wrong thread, but whatever

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

speaking of i need to get back and finish witcher 3 one of these days

just the final main story mission, all of heart of stone, and 60% of blood and wine to go!

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy

Cowcaster posted:

speaking of i need to get back and finish witcher 3 one of these days

just the final main story mission, all of heart of stone, and 60% of blood and wine to go!

that's still a hell of a lot of game to go tho

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

psychoJ posted:

that's still a hell of a lot of game to go tho

pssh, probably not more than a mere 100 hours

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I'm amazed that you did 40% of Blood & Wine before finishing the main story or Heart of Stone, that's one hell of a detour.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Samuringa posted:

I'm amazed that you did 40% of Blood & Wine before finishing the main story or Heart of Stone, that's one hell of a detour.

i metagamed for the mutations and aerondight cause that’s how i roll

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Really Pants posted:

Yeah, there are three different endings.

Four endings. Each god path has its own ending plus the one epilogue that plays after the path ending if you have cleared all 3 paths on the same save.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Hard not to be overpowered just by levelling up your witcher

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Jay Rust posted:

Hard not to be overpowered just by levelling up your witcher

i wanted the mutations and swords before i became overpowered is the thing, otherwise what’s the point

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
AC Odyssey is the main reason I'm pissed it's taking so long to get my PS4 back. God drat that game looks good

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

haveblue posted:

Four endings. Each god path has its own ending plus the one epilogue that plays after the path ending if you have cleared all 3 paths on the same save.

to be fair, the 3 endings are practically identical.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I just finished Journey and it's real dusty in here all of a sudden...

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Sakurazuka posted:

I just finished Journey and it's real dusty in here all of a sudden...

It's legit my favorite game of all time

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Does anyone ever see the date change and feel like they wasted another month

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I burned out on Witcher III after Novigrad and finished the game six months later.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Don't forget to buy a 120 pack of Totino's Pizza Rolls TM for AC Odyssey bonuses and also destroying the roof of your mouth.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Finally on the last chapter of Yakuza 5 and goddamn am I exhausted. Hoping to finish this tonight and finally start 6.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

I played Helldivers today with some friends and now I understand everything about friendly fire and democracy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

Does anyone ever see the date change and feel like they wasted another month
I think "good, another month closer to the end of humanity" and also "oh sick its the spooky month"

• Locked thread