Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Infinitum posted:

Man I can't wait for Red, Blue and Green endings guys! Colour coded for your convenience!
it's an MMO, there will be zero endings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

Kojima does it again, foresaw the popularity of DS games with subtitles that have “DS” as initials
Lunar Knights, known in Japan as Bokura no Taiyō: Django & Sabata (ボクらの太陽 Django & Sabata, "Our Sun: Django & Sabata") and abbreviated Boktai DS

A HIDEO KOJIMA GAME

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

tfw you look up hentai games with wireless onahole controllers as a joke, and ebay continues to send you deals on onaholes weeks later. massive self own

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

codenameFANGIO posted:

Ah, yes. The Eichenwald Defense.
I swear I just wanted to show someone a plastic Bluetooth vagina, why won't anyone believe me???

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

Disc changes were cool, you could talk about JRPGs in terms of “Disc 1”, “Disc 2”, etc
tbh it was way better, because most games were designed at least partially around the structural constraints dictated by a disc swap. it's almost a mandatory act break

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

You can probably recreate the effect by having a “Would you like to save?” prompt after a climactic scene.
yeah but it's still a design choice in a world where you can just give people 150gb games. in disc games they had to budget disc space and when they realized they were going over their 640mb they had to break out what assets are going to be shared between discs and which are going to be inaccessible on disc 2, and then at that point you have to answer the question of why that thing doesn't exist anymore. most of the time that means the disc change is linked to something really substantial happening in the story

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

let me tell you, disk 40 of the windows 95 install is fuckin nuts

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

They just played through Ghost Babel on Giant Bomb, with a Metal Gear superfan at the helm.

By the end he was all "I loving hate this game"
idk why dan likes metal gear at all, because he hates all the individual elements of it

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

here its eligible for the hall of shame

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

sign me up, love to spend money and be slurred upon

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Infinitum posted:

Make Portal 3 cowards, cause we sure as gently caress know you ain't making Half Life 3 ever
your wish is granted. by the way the portal gun is now coin operated

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Verranicus posted:

Uhh, how does Valve think it's game is going to survive when up against free games with massive established communities that let you earn stuff by playing??
the delusion of people that think they're going to become rich trading cards. ubergambling

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

finally a spider man game where spider man drives a car

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

The Colonel posted:

i mean yes but does anybody like anything about kingdoms of amalur
when its competition was skyrim and dragon age 2, I would much rather play kingdoms of amalur than either of those games

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

dragon age 1 is good, and tbh I think its better than most of the "classic" bioware games. DA2 is rear end, and DAI is the most forgettable game generated by mankind

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

The 7th Guest posted:

in the x files FMV game, if you use the binoculars to look at someone's face close up, or take a picture, they say "what's wrong with you"

they had every actor record that line of dialogue in every location, rather than green-screen a stock animation, so you could do it again and again in new locations and get a new line read from the character
what's wrong with you

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I'm guessing state of decay 2 got patched or something, because it doesn't seem as bad as everyone was making it out to be. its pretty much the same thing as the first game though

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

my laptop strat has always been to buy the cheapest 11-13" with the best keyboard and just use it to remote into my desktop. those used to be lenovos but they don't really make those kinds of computers anymore

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

I live in Montreal. I saw a car with a Texan license plate. It was a Volkswagen Beetle. It had a Mario figurine on the dashboard
if you saw me why didn't you say hi

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

https://twitter.com/KeitaTakahash/status/1037774834413883392

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

oddium posted:

ah there's an option to create nick robinson too
haha yeah his uh geometry its really mirrored

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

holy crap they just released new dlc for nep 1?? only 99 cents for the ability to rewatch cutscenes, or have your party members follow you around in dungeons

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

the only unreservedly good thing about wildstar is the player housing, which is almost like second life level in terms of how much you can customize your estate. it totally doesn't belong in the kind of game wildstar was pretending tobe

The 7th Guest posted:

the only thing i know about wildstar other than that super vertical tutorial image is that they wanted to sell their combat as being more action-oriented with 'zones' and dash dodging... and then Destiny came out the same year, so no one gave a gently caress about wildstar's combat
I mean its action-oriented relative to other WoW style hotbar MMOs. most of those only have telegraphs for really big attacks, and most attacks aren't dodgable at all, pretty much everything in wildstar gets telegraphed which is cool until you see it in action and the ground looks like rainbow puke. + a huge emphasis on interrupts, iirc there's a whole system where some mobs have interrupt armor that requires like 3 people in your party to simultaneously use interrupts to successfully block a cast which is "actiony" by the most lol of definitions

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Macaluso posted:

I wish the written part of Polygon didn't suck because I like a lot of the personalities on the youtube Polygon (although I'm pretty sure most of them are also writers), and of course until recently youtube polygon was the home of those good good McElroys
even the mcelroys were pretty awful in writing. gently caress reading and gently caress books imo

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

what if they're geezer memes, like a cyberpunk game where you go to meet the inventor of the internet and its al gore

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

fortnite's new dancing baby emote is LIT

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Looper posted:

what is the difference between orange bitcoin and green bitcoin
nothing, and everything

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

https://twitter.com/videogamedeals/status/1038138635630071809

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

the new fortnite mode is kinda cool, its like battle royale CTF. there's 4 jewels that spawn on the outside of the circle and 4 vans near the inside, and to win you just have to bring one to the other, but its still battle royale so there's 96 other players watching you do this and setting up ambushes and stuff

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Cowcaster posted:

as someone who likes space sims mainly for the space dogfighting i’d probably like the ace combat series but as a console series i’ll never know
you can emulate almost all of em, and AC7 will be coming out on PC

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

plugins are good because sometimes you can just replace one part of it to improve your experience, but the epsxe approach that's just like duhhh you have to download the Good Graphics Plugin and a plugin to make the gamepad not suck rear end is Bad. at least dolphin comes with everything you need

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Was the PS1 OK
only if you flip it upside down

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

al-azad posted:

excuse me but M.E.D.N.A.F.E.N. has the best name

"My Emulator Doesn't Need A Frickin' Excellent Name"
that's actually an incredibly lame name because they couldn't even muster up the courage to use The gently caress Word. even if they did gently caress though it would still be lame

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

this heckin emulator emulates real good

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

playing theme hospital, this game is still sick

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

the level scaling they added to ESO made the overworld feel kind of pointless to me, the dungeons in that game aren't great either so idk what's left

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

yeah sure, but like, more

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

https://twitter.com/ConanOBrien/status/1038250201553592321

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Reality Pisser posted:

Post the 9/11 pokemon tia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

al-azad posted:

I can't help but think of the people who blindly hate Undertale because they were antagonized by a bad fanboy and I'm just going to stop because no video game is a hill worth dying on.
its a little different cause bad undertale people don't break into your game and yell at you in real time because you're playing it wrong

• Locked thread