Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I played west of loathing with battle speed turned up and there were no combat sfx. Are they there at normal speed or does the game not have them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Rip housemarque thanks for nex machina

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

a messed up horse posted:

Why not do one of the good Jojo series instead?

Yeah seriously. Sdc has amazing side characters but its a big slog to watch and it builds to a weak climax compared to other seasons because jotaro is such a nothing character

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Their last ps exclusive was a half baked C- of a platform game overshadowed by GOAT nex machina that launched 3 weeks earlier on pc/ps4 and the one before that was a diablo clone nobody bought.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=US-WKYA89Ig
Here ya go

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

V is my fav but imma play xi

Just beat yakuza 2k. Good poo poo. Such cliffhanger

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

man nurse posted:

There's stuff after the credits, just in case you missed it.

Yeah its on now no cliffhang

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Playing the messenger.
I kinda wish they played it serious insteada goofy. And had longer music loops.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I want to get to the 16 bit part but it hard and annoying and the writing is bad

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Battle field should have 640 players in a match and let you have a tank pretty much when ever.

Wtf is wrong with game designers

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Rogue dev not wanting dlc or fate of titanfall discussed

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Raccoons arent people

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

al-azad posted:

Internet idiots consider The Witcher to be representative of Polish heritage because Poland is a fantasy land of magic, elves, and dragons. The author, Andrzej Sapkowski, told the showrunner to go loving nuts it's a fantasy world.

Andrzej is salty he sold the game rights for like 3 goldfish crackers and a backrub he wants to get that netfliz money

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Tombraider should go back to jump flipping for 30 seconds with twin blasting gats to kill a wolf and ditch the animation heavy stealth poo poo

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Looper posted:

it you like 2d platformers then yes yes yes

I didnt like it. Its too much bouncing over bottomless pits and bad boss fights for my tastes but i can see the quality

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Taintrunner posted:

Oh man, did anyone hear about this Riot Games thing? I just saw a story on RPS but it didn't seem to have much details.

you should link what you talking about. is it the 2 guys left the company after a pax panel thing thats popping up on google?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Men getting mad they cant go to a panel about a topic they hate is peak 2018 goodness

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Anybody play the mm11 demo yet?
It has a stage, 2 boss powers, and rush coil unlocked.

Music doesnt rate against the classics, idk ymmv.
Stage is pretty drat hard. Lots of places where you are encouraged to use bullet time to make it through tho they added super easy difficulty modes where you might not have to.
Boss is ok. Seems more about the spectacle of his giant form than anything else tho.
Art is kinda bland.

Not sure if I'll get it for 30 dollars. Having to manage a cooldown for you slowmo meter is a really weird gimmick for megaman but im interested to see what they do with it beyond the demo level.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Electric Phantasm posted:

Yakuza guys new IP, Judge Eyes has a gameplay trailer now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEIlMFq40dQ

The frankensteiner sold me but im worried they are tarting up yakuza with tailing missions and unlocking minigames

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Relax Or DIE posted:

I was able to play crystal chronicles with 4 people in college and to be honest I probably wouldn't buy a remaster

:same:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Has judge eyes ever killed or hosed? This is very impotant

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Phantasium posted:

I got through the demo without using the gear system at all, so it seems good to me. I don't think I ever was that excited about this game's music.

Good job. i got caught in the instant death obstacle courses and crushed by the miniboss without slowmo. Been a while since my last blue bombering

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Cowcaster posted:

i'm lucky with a lot of this stuff because i'm a luddite still living in 2003 where this internet forum is practically my only form of social media. i don't have a facebook, i don't watch streamers, and with one exception i don't watch youtube channels. i do have a twitter but fortunately it doesn't dominate my life.

I watch youtube but otherwise yah

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I think the wrpg mention above is shadow run

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Jay Rust posted:

I’ll happily play games on easy now.

If the only difference in a game is enemy health and you gotta fight a lot, yeah im with you. If it makes enemies more passive i get bored on easy

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

My cat is afraid of his poops he runs away like crazy instead of burying them. I was worried his butt hurt but hes just dumb

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The White Dragon posted:

i have to turn my thinking around on this like phoenix wright. this isn't necessarily a race. this is square enix saying, they saw enough of a void in the market to justify fronting the cost to develop a web-compatible remaster of crystal chronicles. i've put three years into developing a game like crystal chronicles... maybe the smart move is just to hurry the gently caress up and make a robust demo, and then just pitch it to them

Crystal chronicles will come out and be lame as ever and your game, presumably amazing, will sate the whetted appetites of the target demo.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I like luigis mansion but id rather play resident evil with a luigi skin hacked in

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Hunt11 posted:

Dragon quest 11 or spiderman if I am going to get one game?

I went spiderman and wish i went dq.

Spideemans traversal is cool but the world is shallow
Main story also full of really bad non spiderman missions and it really meanders for a long time in the first half
Combat is cool but its all the game has to stand on for missions aside from qte spam and rudimentary stealth so you get tired of it after a while and there some customization you can mess with but im 15 hours in and over it.

Now i dont want to poo poo on it too much cause its fun to be spiderman. 8.5/10

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Accordion Man posted:

Probably won't before a while though, the game is selling really well.

Sony has a greatest hits label for ps4 already and will probably do a 20 dollar version like theyve done for their other big exclusives. Hzd got one right? Like within 18 months post launch

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The familiarness of dq is very appealing to me and the stories usually have metal poo poo happening to cute gokus so im hype to get to it soon but likely after fist of the north yakuza

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Rpg labyrinths are the worst if theres random fights. No wasted steps please

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

exquisite tea posted:

I watch all cutscenes in their entirety for every game regardless of if it's just pointless tutorial dialogue or how many times I've played it.

South star and north star must never fight or i would hit your hidden pressurepoint, shinfukumen with my sacred fist

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

I finally pulled myself away from my monster hunter hole to start Yakuza 0 and it's remarkable that this plays and looks better than a PS2 game...really turning around my opinion on the series in a major way

Yakuza whips

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I saw some new star control thing came out, anyone try it?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

LawfulWaffle posted:

Did anyone hear about the Soulcalibur VI network test? I feel like I’m the only one testing the network. Takes minutes to find a match.

Im playing. Its hard to figure out wtf is happening with poor explanation in game about the new systems but its cool. I think its either badly configured or swamped right now, not empty.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Imo it could be great but the rock paper scissors thing feels like it could get old fast like that wager poo poo in injustice

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

precision posted:

"Starting"? :v:

My PS4 has been broken for over a month. Last night I had a lucid dream where I was in The Witcher 3. I spent the whole time looking through cabinets and reading the in game books.

Whoever said that you can't read text in dreams is either fantastically wrong or my brain is very different. Column A, column B probably

That was like a batman cartoon episode about the madhatter, not science afaict

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

oddium posted:

october games chat thread: oddium is playing heat signature and also it's her birthday at some point

Enjoy superannuating, my friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

You は shocktober chat thread: you dont even know you are already -ette

• Locked thread