Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

The 7th Guest posted:

the ball is now in secrets of grindea's court

i feel like secrets of grindea might be in the same market as what i'm trying to make so i invite them to take their time, cruise pace as long as possible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
terekura doesn't take that long

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

The Colonel posted:

it doesn't have to take long for me to hate it

ask her about small baby ferrets

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Andrast posted:

FPS games were once called doom clones and League of Legends is a dota clone. Copycats being successful is not a new thing.

doom clones were at least fun to play in the first place

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Jay Rust posted:

I’ve been getting a youtube ad for some lovely mobile game, it’s a twitch bro opening a pack of I guess anime girls and then going WOOOOOOW

this could be any gacha except touken ranbu though, clearly their marketing team hasn't thought this through

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

The Colonel posted:

what are the politics at rockstar

"should we pay this third party dev house or should we just cannibalize the company and shutter it"

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
i enjoy long commutes, but only on foot

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

it's like the regalia, if the regalia was a piece of poo poo made by chevrolet in the 80s

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
Trails in the Sky is definitely a game that you can play with one hand, you could even remap the keyboard controls to like wasd + E/C/Space and not have to use the mouse at all.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
at least nightmare castle's most annoying parts are optional, in exchange for the penultimate boss having seven forms instead of one

in fact, if you skip all the nightmare puzzles, then disaster luck's speech at the beginning of the fight is actually informative instead of not making any sense at all

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

codenameFANGIO posted:

Yeah are people just not doing pull-ups or what here

you're asking this on an internet forum

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
waifu emblem is 100% a real game and i just finished my first 5*+10 tonight

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Phantasium posted:

none of the mmos that actually exist are ones i'd want to be trapped in

i would be ok being trapped in phantasy star online 2, but only as my fat neckbeard char

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
left 4 dead 2 was super interesting and it helped me overcome a decade of ptsd night terrors from watching 28 days later

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
I liked Torchlight 1 when it came out, especially because the world hadn't had a good arpg since Titan Quest. Sometimes frustrating difficulty curve. Torchlight 2 I could take or leave, it was fun for the time but it came out at the same time as Borderlands 2, and after Diablo 3. While T1 was a breath of fresh air, T2 was already-treaded ground overshadowed by the competition.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
this is surely something awful

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

cheetah7071 posted:

garfield is a cartoon cat not a person

alaska elected a cat once, there's precedent for this kind of irresponsible delegation

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

al-azad posted:

Why do you want to fast travel in a spider-man game?

the suburbs aren't tall enough to web swing in

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

homeless snail posted:

when its competition was skyrim and dragon age 2, I would much rather play kingdoms of amalur than either of those games

i liked kingdoms of amalur way more thani liked skyrim or dragon age

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
how do you make a game called Wildstar and not have it set in the wild west

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

cheetah7071 posted:

the original phoenix wright trilogy is only pretty drat good these days instead of absolutely incredible cause of all the dated memes in it.

this is madness, nick!
no maya, this is sparda

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
fortunately my online culture literacy is so low that i couldn't put memes in my games even if i wanted to

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

FirstAidKite posted:

420 is a meme

maybe it's so... does it predate the internet?

still i would never outright say "four twenty smoke weed errday" in my work :v:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

The Colonel posted:

retroarch is literally just downloading the core, which is just. the emulator. if you don't wanna use it you can just use mednafen cause the emu in retroarch is just a branch of that

mednafen is cool but you gotta fiddle with third party gui software. i'm glad it runs games so accurately pretty much out of the box though.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
i played xenogears on connectix virtual game station using a community imac lol

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Verranicus posted:

I'm glad I can chat in Overwatch so I can assure everyone in my comp matches that I'm a torb main and not to worry.

man i've seen you post some stupid and out there poo poo sometimes but being glad about anything overwatch that isn't Servers Shut Down Forever is just over the line

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
because it's full of screaming assholes who will flip their poo poo at you for not having played since launch and will lose their goddamn mind if a new player is ruining their unranked match

gently caress overwatch, gently caress mobas, gently caress "team based character shooters" or whatever you want to call them, trash genre. at least mobage can be fun

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
the first day i bought overwatch, i played unranked with like one friend and three pugs. my team was loving furious that i wasn't pro ice at that poo poo. i was like "guys i just bought this game cut me some slack" and they were like "gently caress YOU YOU SHOULDN'T BE PLAYING" so i realized, they were right! just not for the reasons they thought.

i haven't played it since, and i'm pleased, because it's garbage.

for timeframe, this was decemberish of 2016? if the community has changed, well, i don't really give a gently caress

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Sep 9, 2018

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
look if i'm not welcome playing a game for my first time and people are huge assholes about it then gently caress em it's not a game i want anything to do with. like if there's no room for new players to get better outside of practice matches, then why bother?

seriously what part of that interaction is okay? telling someone to gently caress off and leave because they don't have a lot of experience with a game, shouting at them and being tremendous assholes because you haven't played as much as as they have, and these are the guys on your own team? you drop sixty dollars on poo poo and the first thing that happens is getting shouted down, yeah that's a reasonable experience that normal people want to participate in.

my only regret is that blizzard wasn't allowing refunds

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Sep 9, 2018

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

The 7th Guest posted:

It seems more like a "I had a bad experience and it was a terrible first impression" thing

it's this, my first impression of it was so bad that i'm unwilling to give it another chance. plus most of the people i know personally who play it, don't even have fun, they just play it because idk they have to meet some kind of quotas? weeklies? i couldn't tell you the specifics. well, it's a sixty dollar lesson in internet people.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Poops Mcgoots posted:

Was overwatch the first online game you ever played? No part of how those guys behaved was ok, but also it's totally expected.

nah i played tons of ladder sc2, some dofus before that, and then a month of assorted mmos. like you'd get pricks on sc2 but then you just beat em. in mmos, maybe i just didn't play long enough to see them; in dofus maybe it was happening but it was all in french. but guys on your own team flipping out at you? what can you do about that, yknow? you're supposed to work together with them and all they do is treat you like poo poo.

i guess i played a tiny bit of league too, but i ditched that for pretty much the same reason.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Kanfy posted:

ranting for several posts about how the whole game should be shut down

uh, you didn't realize that "servers shut down for ever" wasn't serious?

like the whole point of not wanting to go back to the game, also includes not having any true vested interest in whether or not someone else is playing it. honestly most people paid full price for it, so it would suck if they couldn't.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

FirstAidKite posted:

Yeah that one!

didn't they do this in twilight too

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Hopper posted:

tl;dr: ignore social media unless you use it to stay in touch with friends who are far away.

what did sms services disappear in the last six hours since i've used them or something

smash the panopticon, vaporize social media

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
oh no gently caress what am i gonna do with my crystal chronicles ripoff now

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

codenameFANGIO posted:

Other games should have copied this

b the change u want 2 c in the world

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Cowcaster posted:

doomguy would never help a cop

doomguy would help a cop, die

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

The Shortest Path posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoa97CdeG_w

Not having to deal with lovely peripherals AND online play?!?!?!

I'm so fuckin stoked you have no idea

you won't be saying that when everyone makes you play bucket bitch duty

Infinitum posted:

What is the importance of Crystal Chronicles for a non-FF series fan?

basically it's like secret of mana for the gcn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
i have to turn my thinking around on this like phoenix wright. this isn't necessarily a race. this is square enix saying, they saw enough of a void in the market to justify fronting the cost to develop a web-compatible remaster of crystal chronicles. i've put three years into developing a game like crystal chronicles... maybe the smart move is just to hurry the gently caress up and make a robust demo, and then just pitch it to them

• Locked thread