Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Wasn't there a button in Septerra Core that automatically won any battle for you because the devs forgot to disable it as a debug thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I'm still waiting for the day toby fox just puts out a random undertale patch that deals with all the mysterious poo poo in that game that never got developed any further

Also waiting for west of loathing dlc to come out since I don't think that's been announced yet but it was implied to be a thing that would happen at some point

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
KCB and I went to a pinball museum where you pay an entry fee and everything they have is in free play mode. Not everything was actually working, but they had some good machines there that worked and a few non-pinball things as well that were interesting like a billiards table, a couple of airhockey tables, some ski ball, some mini bowling some older arcade games like pac-man and some less old arcade games like House of the Dead 2. I got to finally fulfill one of my bucket list of goals of playing the Gottlieb Mario Bros Mushroom World pinball table that I saw all the time when I was 3 and 4 but never played because I was bad at pinball and didn't want to pay just to watch the ball go down the drain.

Got to play some pinbot, bride of pinbot, black knight 2000, there were some others that unfortunately weren't working like haunted house but it was still a fun time. We stuck around for about 3 hours and then left about 15 minutes before closing time. They had some pachinko machines and slot machines as well that were supposedly in working order but they didn't seem to be turned on so you couldn't play them. I saw a gundam themed slot machine and an ashita no joe pachinko machine.

We played through house of the dead 2 together, the first time I've actually ever beaten that game since we had access to infinite credits so we could just keep throwing ourselves at the bosses (mostly magician and emperor) until they finally went down. My hand hurts though because the way I was holding the gun was I'd hold the gun in one hand and use my finger to just repeatedly mash the trigger. The main downside to that was the pain and also I couldn't do this in a comfortable way where I could aim well so I was shooting from the hip and mostly just spraying and praying lol

Had a lot of fun though!

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Help Im Alive posted:

What makes a pinball table good/bad

They all seem kind of the same to me but idk anything about pinball

I'm not sure tbh, I think it mostly just comes down to "are you having fun"

Like, compare something like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8w9DFQkrO7E

to this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgJ2WFcQ5xI

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Looper posted:

i can respect wanting the game to end with possum springs in flames. gregg and angus want nothing more than to leave as soon as they possibly can, it's heavily implied that your homeless buddy kills himself when the city council makes it clear they don't want him in their town, everyone is just in general kind of miserable

Regarding your spoiler, I thought a dev confirmed that that didn't happen

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Bitch does it look like I want to look at codes for domino's sadass attempts at a sub

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
For no real reason other than the fact that I like this song and artist, I would like to link this song for all of you because I enjoy Frank Turner's work and I feel like a lot of his music really speaks to me in how it feels like I can try to get better even if I'm an absolute mess of a human being and that it's not stupid for me to think that I can gently caress up everything by existing but that I can take hold of those feelings and know that they are really mine, to know that I have time and I can hopefully be better someday, to one day possibly even resemble something like a functioning human being.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tB4Avdlz3lk

Stay gold, chat thread posters.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
If I could ever make a custom pinball table, I'd make one based on Jojo's Bizarre Adventure part 7

Really I could make it based on anything, but Part 7 in particular has a lot of elements that would fit in with a pinball table, down to the name of the arc being "Steel Ball Run" and one of its 2 primary protagonists attacking through the use of a martial art known as "spin" that involved throwing a metal ball at people

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Hi I'm back with yet another obvious statement: passing out from sleep exhausiton is not fun

Okay that's my post hope it didn't cause you any troubles, be sure to drink your ovaline.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
RIP city of heroes/villains and RIP that goon project to make their own city of heroes that idk if it ever got past the kickstarter phase

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Hi everybody

I'm sore, how're the rest of you feeling today?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Healbot posted:

I'm stuck at home sick due to four broken ribs, it hurts losing a ton of mobility and the physical pain is also kinda there.

So a pretty meh September for me.

Ouch. How'd you break your ribs?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1L5zJ2afLs

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

The Colonel posted:

i'm kind of baffled at how much of, an actual legit metal gear game ghost babel is, on the gameboy color

like it's obvious that they kind of compromised with giving it a level-based structure but at the same time that kind of saves it from the curse of constant backtracking without losing the fun sense of exploration and everything else feels decently up to par with earlier metal gear

It is legitimately a great Metal Gear game, and tbh the level structure fits pretty well with the structure of something like Metal Gear Solid 1 where technically it was open world with the potential for backtracking but you didn't do that much at all save for one part in particular, and I imagine you could pretty easily break up MGS1 into separate levels like what Ghost Babel had. There was also some bonus radio show thing you could tune into on your codec but that was Japanese only iirc and idk if it was ever translated and if it was tied into the story at all or if it was just a neat bonus thing.

Accordion Man posted:

As I said, technically, because the events of Ghost Babel never happened in the MGS continuity, its just a simulation. I also like the fan theory that Twin Snakes was Raiden's simulation of Shadow Moses, hence why its more embellished and over the top compared to the original PS1 version.

I like the fan theory that Twin Snakes is a movie adaptation based off of Nastasha Romanenko's book about what happened during the Shadow Moses incident.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

They just played through Ghost Babel on Giant Bomb, with a Metal Gear superfan at the helm.

By the end he was all "I loving hate this game"

What the gently caress

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Oh god you're watching Vinny play that game?

Vinny is terrible at video games, I remember the compilation of him playing his first actual sonic the hedgehog game and it was one of the genesis ones and he just had no clue what he was doing lol

Also, ghost babel box maze wasn't that difficult imo, I thought it was a nice little reprieve from the constant stealth stuff.

I remember when I was doing my unfinished ghost babel lp I recorded a few of the levels in the time trial mode to get the best rank. Something that is very useful to know is that it turns out you can be seen by an enemy for like a second before the alert actually goes off so if you run in front of them but immediately hit a screen transition, then they didn't actually see you.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Internet Kraken posted:

Realtalk I have no idea how someone that streams videogames for a living almost every day manages to be so bad at them.

I know, right? When he plays games that are already bad it doesn't show too much because it's like the game is compensating for Vinny's ineptitude but like

Well, for everyone interested in seeing what I'm talking about, just watch this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Q9SXJZRNCE

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

The Colonel posted:

i mean tbf genesis sonic is pretty rough if you're just jumping into it for the first time and have no sense for the movement mechanics

if he'd been playing sonic 1 or 2 instead of sonic 3 he probably wouldn't have even finished the game and, well, i wouldn't have blamed him

Yeah but we're talking like super basic mechanics here like jumping and spindashing. It's like that one reviewer who spent a ton of time on the cuphead tutorial because he couldn't grasp that he had to press 2 buttons at once or whatever it was.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
We got our first smart phone ever and the first game we've put on it is neko atsume

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Aw yes

cats

Cats own

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Is there an oddly specific german word that can be used to describe the feeling of losing a friend by doing what you had to do and breaking some bad news to said friend, with the hope that said friend will have a better understanding of what you said later and become more appreciative of it?

'Cause I know that allegedly the german language has words for all kinds of weird oddly specific feelings.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Cowcaster posted:

i don't know about german but on the sa forums i think that we use :sever:

Yeah that emote describes it pretty well tbqh

Just a case of "well we're friends but I have something to say that I know is going to ruin our friendship but it needs to be said, maybe hopefully you can appreciate it more later, until then :sever:"

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Portal 3 will be about glados crowdsourcing the level designs to the players so that you play through only the most popular of maps before you reach the game's end and you get more hats

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

al-azad posted:

I like how Keira is behind a curtain for most of her story and doesn't recognize you because she's never heard Jak speak.

And then she just disappears for Jak 3

and then (Jak 3 spoilers) Erol was the main bad guy behind pretty much everything bad that was happening in Jak 3

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

The 7th Guest posted:

I finished torchlight, the final boss is terrible and requires you to grind 5 levels for some reason, despite the rest of the game being well-balanced

I do have torchlight 2 on humble trove but i dunno if i want to jump right into it

I enjoyed torchlight 1 and 2 a ton but torchlight 2 definitely suffers if you play it on too hard of a difficulty because of how the damage calculations for critical hits work. Basically, don't play TL2 on a high difficulty because iirc critical hits will just one-shot you no matter what and you have no way to stop it from happening unless you're the engineer class.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

:same:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Good ol' King's Bounty

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
https://meh.com/

Anybody have any opinions on this laptop? Are the specs good for the price

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Ciaphas posted:

oh i guess it's woot

everything old is new again

shite writing for a storefront though, i don't care for the gimmick

Yeah it's woot. The old woot was bought by amazon and amazon turned woot into something else, like it's still woot but it's more about selling daily amazon deals now or something, so the woot creators went and made another woot but it's meh instead of woot and they're doing the whole woot thing of somehow getting their hands on refurbished or overstocked items of varying quality and doing a writeup about it and sometimes putting out funny vids

Thanks for the info everybody!

Basically KCB has been thinking of getting a new laptop recently since her current one is knockin on death's door and given what she wants from a laptop, I was thinking she might be better off saving up for both a pc and a tablet and just using the tablet to stream the pc for the stuff she wants to stream from, mainly games, and the tablet would be more portable than a laptop. I dunno if that's a good idea and I know it'd be more expensive since it'd require purchasing a bunch of stuff for a new PC + obtaining a tablet and getting whatever software lets you stream from nvidia graphics cards or whatever it was, but know she's been on the lookout for refurbished deals and she'd wanna know if that's a good deal on meh or not.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Cowcaster posted:

what if they burn your house down

Who lives in houses anymore

Houses are so 1990s

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Hello everybody, just wanted to remind everybody that this is a thing that exists.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQHPYelqr0E

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
If I ever win the lottery and make a ton of money with it I will make sure to do a lot of really important things with it first, but when all of the important things are done I will highly consider attempting to purchase the rights to the shadow hearts series so that a remaster/rerelease/port/whatever can be made

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

I said come in! posted:

It is! The original team is working on a spiritual sequel called City of Titans.

I thought that was just a goon project by some fans of the game where they had a lot of ideas but not much in the way of experience and they needed a lot more money than they thought they would to make it

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

oddium posted:

ah there's an option to create nick robinson too

Hahahahahahahaha

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

I said come in! posted:

It is going at a snails pace and may not ever come out, but it did have a successfully funded kickstarter campaign. I really want a new superhero MMORPG. The current options are Champions Online, and DC Online, both of which suck rear end.

What's wrong with Champions Online and DC Online, I haven't touched either

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

homeless snail posted:

what if they're weezer memes, like a cyberpunk game where you go to meet the numa numa guy

FirstAidKite posted:

Hello everybody, just wanted to remind everybody that this is a thing that exists.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQHPYelqr0E

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

The White Dragon posted:

fortunately my online culture literacy is so low that i couldn't put memes in my games even if i wanted to

420 is a meme

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Would I get probated if I inlined burt-reynolds-bear-skin-rug-pin-up.png

• Locked thread