Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

SpiritOfLenin posted:

Been playing Tales of Berseria, and holy poo poo the main antagonist of the game is such a hateable villain. Its no wonder the main character is a bit hosed in the head because of the stuff the bad guy did during the prologue. I just wish I could beat the everloving poo poo out of him sooner, instead of after like 40+ hours of gameplay because JRPGs.
if it's any consolation the game presents other lovely dudes for you to beat up along the way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Phantasium posted:

Midway only published a couple of the games in the west, they kinda have nothing to do with it.

The company that owns it is just now a vague entertainment company that doesn't reallly make games anymore.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Entertainment_Corporation

yeah, the rights belong to a company that has zero interest in doing anything with it, whatsoever. Which at least means that it's theoretically possible that some company could buy the rights and do a rerelease, since Universal Entertainment wouldn't have any attachment to the rights, but Shadow Hearts just isn't a recognized enough name for that to happen.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Hello everybody, just wanted to remind everybody that this is a thing that exists.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQHPYelqr0E

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Phantasium posted:

Midway only published a couple of the games in the west, they kinda have nothing to do with it.

The company that owns it is just now a vague entertainment company that doesn't reallly make games anymore.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Entertainment_Corporation
Yeah, its this. If the American distributors had anything to do with it XSeed would have had rereleased FTNW on PC and modern consoles years ago.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
If I ever win the lottery and make a ton of money with it I will make sure to do a lot of really important things with it first, but when all of the important things are done I will highly consider attempting to purchase the rights to the shadow hearts series so that a remaster/rerelease/port/whatever can be made

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Phantasium posted:

Probably not!

apparently one of the things they put up on steam was a program owned by someone else who didn't give them permission to sell it. so, yep lol

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

A. Beaverhausen posted:

City of Heroes comeback please god

It is! The original team is working on a spiritual sequel called City of Titans.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

CoH was the best Goon Squad I've ever been in.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

SpiritOfLenin posted:

Been playing Tales of Berseria, and holy poo poo the main antagonist of the game is such a hateable villain. Its no wonder the main character is a bit hosed in the head because of the stuff the bad guy did during the prologue. I just wish I could beat the everloving poo poo out of him sooner, instead of after like 40+ hours of gameplay because JRPGs.

the final battle with him is amazing and worth it

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

I said come in! posted:

It is! The original team is working on a spiritual sequel called City of Titans.

I thought that was just a goon project by some fans of the game where they had a lot of ideas but not much in the way of experience and they needed a lot more money than they thought they would to make it

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I live in Montreal. I saw a car with a Texan license plate. It was a Volkswagen Beetle. It had a Mario figurine on the dashboard

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

I live in Montreal. I saw a car with a Texan license plate. It was a Volkswagen Beetle. It had a Mario figurine on the dashboard
if you saw me why didn't you say hi

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

did you hear any tooting or spot any mild tornadic activity?

they may have found a warp whistle

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

https://twitter.com/KeitaTakahash/status/1037774834413883392

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
meme where you take the Archaeozoic Big Hole from ys 8, click fill hole and then call it Archaeozoic Big

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

ah there's an option to create nick robinson too

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

oddium posted:

haha yeah his uh geometry its really mirrored

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Don't target me!!!!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The speed is 51.0% of what?

oddium posted:

:golfclap:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

holy crap they just released new dlc for nep 1?? only 99 cents for the ability to rewatch cutscenes, or have your party members follow you around in dungeons

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Finished up my replay of Super Robot Taisen Alpha 3 just now (time to play Wildstar, oh boy) and I'll never get over the absurdly long and over the top final boss attacks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmuqIFZ5Z3s

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

oddium posted:

lol

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The Colonel posted:

i've determined that wily tower is the best classic mega man game

it's a shame that it's locked behind completing 1-3 and it's in a genesis game that most people will never play, cause it genuinely has some of the most inventive level and boss design in the series

I discovered only recently that it straight up doesn't exist in the US because Wily Wars was only released on the Sega internet thing and you didn't get the stuff that unlocks after you beat 1-3

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

oddium posted:

Hahahahahahahaha

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Speaking of polygon, I'm glad they're valiantly defending overwatch loot boxes, with compelling arguments like "the lovely recolors and charity promotion skin blizzard sold directly were way overpriced and that is literally the only other option and they can't lower the prices." Polygon is very good.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

chumbler posted:

Speaking of polygon, I'm glad they're valiantly defending overwatch loot boxes, with compelling arguments like "the lovely recolors and charity promotion skin blizzard sold directly were way overpriced and that is literally the only other option and they can't lower the prices." Polygon is very good.
the video site went a different route

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AokfAb_WY4

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

FirstAidKite posted:

I thought that was just a goon project by some fans of the game where they had a lot of ideas but not much in the way of experience and they needed a lot more money than they thought they would to make it

It is going at a snails pace and may not ever come out, but it did have a successfully funded kickstarter campaign. I really want a new superhero MMORPG. The current options are Champions Online, and DC Online, both of which suck rear end.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I see Polygon finally got rid of their bizarre review process where the reviewer submits it to the editors who assign an arbitrary score based on how well the reviewer sold it to them.

Then again Polygon has reviewed like 10 games total in the past year. They've basically become an opinion page which is fine but Gamasutra offers a better environment for professionals and Medium offers a better environment for outsiders.

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
DCUO does kinda suck but also it's fun to screw around in for a couple hours

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I’d be enjoying FF9 a lot more if it was just a book I could read

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Decided to play through ZoE1 for the first time since 2002 before I started the new HD ZoE2, I remembered it being short but playing through a whole game in one go is something I haven't done for a while lol.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The whole of zoe1 being set in a space station and hopping between mission locations by flying in arcs across it is cool. It would be a great idea for an open world setting where you could seamlessly fly or just leap across it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

There's nothing wrong with ZoE1 that having a bunch more missions and more enemy types wouldn't fix, fortunately ZoE 2 exists for that

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Sakurazuka posted:

Decided to play through ZoE1 for the first time since 2002 before I started the new HD ZoE2, I remembered it being short but playing through a whole game in one go is something I haven't done for a while lol.
ZoE1 ends right as the game starts finding its groove, its so blatant it got rushed out. I still need to play 2.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Despite how old it is, the combat system in ZoE is surprisingly good.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

a messed up horse posted:

DCUO does kinda suck but also it's fun to screw around in for a couple hours

Superspeed was pretty fun, at the time.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
How solo friendly is DCUO?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Hunt11 posted:

Despite how old it is, the combat system in ZoE is surprisingly good.

They got the control system pretty much spot on first time, which was no mean feat in 2001.

Needed an inverted aiming option, but manual aiming isn't something you really use often anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I wish ZoE 2 had more urban combat because that's what attracted me to the first game. There's a level where you have to minimize damage to your surroundings and you get loud screams when you toss enemies into buildings, and damage is permanent so when you backtrack to those areas you can see what areas got hit the hardest.

• Locked thread