Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

a jojo game should be a puzzle game imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

My favorite jojo part is better than your favorite jojo part

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I said come in! posted:

Bioware isn't wrong though. Gamers are pretty stupid, that's hardly Biowares fault.

Stop projecting, not every gamer is like you

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

chumbler posted:

Just lol if you don't own 4 copies of Bayonetta.

lol if you don't own a billion versions of RE4

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Relax Or DIE posted:

I probably own the first 3 mgs games 3 or 4 times and red alert 2 about the same.

Also this double super bazelgeuse mission in mhw sure is an unfun piece of poo poo huh

Just let the bazels kill eachother

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

axelblaze posted:

Thinking about it, while is was amusing to see Fortnite steal PUBG's lunch, this whole thing will probably be pretty bad for the industry. Like what usually happens is a company gets a major hit, everyone copies them and almost every one fails with a few managing to do okay but not better than the thing they're copying. Fortnite was a blatant and, in many ways, lazy clone that had the popular mode added in as fast as possible to catch the hype train and it actually managed to exceed the original. If you think game companies went hard on clones of popular things before, now they actually have a case where it worked so it's going to be even harder to convince companies to not do that.

FPS games were once called doom clones and League of Legends is a dota clone. Copycats being successful is not a new thing.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

mutata posted:

Lots of LA studios I've heard really mixed things about. Ok pay, but not great for the area so that means long commutes (1.5+ hours one way). Also crunch still in full force (God of War and Last of Us 2 being recent bad ones). Rockstar pays ok but its obnoxious politics and its "we crunch, deal with it" death marches are legendary.

I'd loving die if I had to commute for 3 hours each day. I did 1 hour one way for a few months earlier this year and I hated it.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Samuringa posted:

Isn't BoI extra content loathed at this point over how much it bloated the game to the point where people made mods to remove the extra upgrades?

The boosters are pretty cool.

Also the Antibirth mod is great and it becoming an official addon is fantastic.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

When I tried VR the only thing I thought about it was "I guess this is kind of neat". Definitely nothing worth spending my money on.

Then again I don't really get immersed in games and VR didn't really do anything special on that front to me either.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Heartcatch posted:

I won't be satisfied until we can be trapped in a MMO.

the worst fate imaginable

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Help Im Alive posted:

When you really think about it, life is an MMO......

The difference is that life can be good sometimes, unlike MMOs

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I can’t really get into TCGs because of their inherent pay to win nature.

The only reason I like mtg irl is because I can just draft without engaging in that aspect (it’s pretty cheap if you just fund your drafts with the more valuable cards and winnings you got from previous drafts). Also a friend has a sweet cube that is fun to draft.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I bet Anthem is going to be just average

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

LawfulWaffle posted:

Work fuckin' suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks today. Everything is breaking down and it's all stuff the state needs to handle, so I have the great job of taking people's complaints and passing them up while hoping the state deigns to fix the issue and let me know. Just a lot of "Yes, we're aware and we're working on it" for like three separate issues.

I'm watching some dumb microsoft training video about the evils of phishing or something that is structured like a drama series

it's really boring.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

My monkey paw must be broken cause every time I wish for valkyrie profile on it tri-ace makes a new star ocean

Hell at this point I'll take VP2 HD remaster

How about a mobile gacha game?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Infinitum posted:

Who was it that was talking about what MMO was dying next?

Wildstar.
Wildstar is dying next

Wildstar was still alive?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

This is still the only thing I know about Wildstar

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

the original phoenix wright trilogy is only pretty drat good these days instead of absolutely incredible cause of all the dated memes in it.

Maybe in 10 years they will be absolutely incredible again because the dated memes will be so dated that it will be funny again

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I thought the story in Warcraft 3 was the raddest poo poo when I was 13.

I'm never going to replay it because it will inevitably be terrible

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

If a Mario party doesn’t last at least two hours and result in everybody in the room hating each other, that Mario Party failed in its goal

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

homeless snail posted:

the level scaling they added to ESO Skyrim made the overworld feel kind of pointless to me, the dungeons in that game aren't great either so idk what's left

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Kanfy posted:

The latest addition to the virtual youtuber scene

the what scene

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I feel like I'm going to have an "old man yells at cloud" moment soon

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Overwatch is ok

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

lordfrikk posted:

I think it's perfectly OK to not want to play an online game if your very first experience is terrible. Saying that the person is too sensitive just means you're already used to it but not everyone (maybe not anyone) should get used to people being toxic online or wave it off with "that's to be expected". I had played an online game for almost 3 years and it's just tiresome how this aspect has never changed so I don't begrudge anyone for stopping right at the beginning.

Nobody here had a problem with him not wanting to play the game

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Raxivace posted:

They already cast Henry Cavill as Geralt.

I'm sure Cavill can pull of a Ciri too

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

FirstAidKite posted:

What's that one anime adaptation movie coming up where they use cg to make the main character's eyes look bigger like an anime girl's

Battle Angel Alita?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

A. Beaverhausen posted:

You're probably right. I have an i5 with a 1050 so I can run anything that supposed to run on a pc, but people with i7's and 1070s can get it running at 60 and it just makes me wonder if I had spent more money if I could be understanding the concept of love right now

The concept of love needs at least 120 fps

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

homeless snail posted:

it makes sense for alita at least, if someone built a girl robot for real they'd definitely give it big anime eyes

not if it ended up looking like that

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Rarity posted:

Eh, the mortally challenged joke is definitely playing to the alt-right by validating their lovely opinion.

This is reaching too

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Endorph posted:

my life has gotten way better since i installed a chrome extension to let me block specific channels

because a lot of the time youtube just keeps recommending you the same three CUCKS GET OWNED channels even if you keep telling it you're not interested

I just literally never look at my youtube recommendations

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

It's honestly exhausting how politicized even mindless consumer entertainment products have become. Like having a negative opinion of The Last Jedi puts you in concert with a bunch of MAGA chuds who rant for 20 minutes about Laura Dern's purple hair killing their childhood heroes, or thinking the horny character designs in Soul Calibur are kind of juvenile and gross makes you some kind of SJW cuck. It's all so loving stupid and none of it really matters. It's like people have fallen so far away from the processes to enact social change and have been so thoroughly owned by the psychopathic ultrabillionaires who run the world that the only thing we have left to get mad about is pick each other apart for which fast food chain most aligns with our moral standards. Sonic was right, there is no ethical consumption under capitalism, and I'll take the roast beef combo.

If you just skip twitter you can ignore 99% of that garbage though

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

bloodychill posted:

YouTube is so much worse.

don't watch that garbage?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Luck is by far the most OP stat in real life

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Protip: Pumping points into stats seems like the best option but is a noob trap, better to focus on upgrading wealth and background options at character creation

Luck handles that for you too. Just get lucky enough to be born to a wealthy family.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Saint Freak posted:

I played Shadow Complex once and now I get 50-60 emails a week that someone in Uzbekistan is trying to hack me out of all my fortnites and I wish they'd loving be successful already.

:same:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I said come in! posted:

This character looks like a child with gigantic breasts. What the gently caress, Valve?

looks like a generic anime woman

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The 7th Guest posted:

I mean, fairness is out the window because season pass prices are ridiculous, I'm just talking about quality

Witcher 3

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Taintrunner posted:

95% of DLC has been complete trash, as someone who has bought a lot of DLC.

95% of everything has been complete trash, as someone who has bought a lot of things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Jecht isn't grey

• Locked thread