Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Thread should still be neptember imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

The 7th Guest posted:

the best game this year so far is bleed 2

Six ages

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I have a 45-60 minute commute but it's not so bad because it's on a bus and I can play video games or read

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I had an N64 as a child and thus never swapped discs

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

The White Dragon posted:

waifu emblem is 100% a real game and i just finished my first 5*+10 tonight

congrats let me know if you want me to put it into the thread hall of fame

e: wait this is the chat thread not the feh thread what the heck

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
It'll get cheaper. So far developers haven't really figured out how to make VR games that are as fun as the best non-VR games. Presumably it'll come with time.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
My PSVR gives me headaches, not from the VR, but just from being a very heavy hat

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
when you live in an MMO do you live in a more realistic version of it where you still have to like eat and use the bathroom and sleep and you get tired after running for an hour or does it mimic the game mechanics more exactly

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
excited to play valve's version of mtgo

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
mtgo is not a good program and if your design choices result in being more similar to mtgo instead of less you hosed up somewhere

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

People are saying MTG Arena is pretty good!

notably mtga is a hearthstone clone in the economy and UI

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Andrast posted:

I can’t really get into TCGs because of their inherent pay to win nature.

The only reason I like mtg irl is because I can just draft without engaging in that aspect (it’s pretty cheap if you just fund your drafts with the more valuable cards and winnings you got from previous drafts). Also a friend has a sweet cube that is fun to draft.

I think the continued success of mtg despite its many flaws stems from being basically the only tcg (that I'm aware of at least) with limited that isn't poo poo

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Verranicus posted:

Uhh, how does Valve think it's game is going to survive when up against free games with massive established communities that let you earn stuff by playing??

are you saying you don't want to play the game that expands the dota universe and lore???

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I bounced off Ni No Kuni 2 and wondered if I just bounce off JRPGs these days... but maybe I need to try DQ11

https://twitter.com/RosePrinceTrey/status/1037134093115424768

Can you pet them

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

a messed up horse posted:

it says right in the thing it's run by Garfield

garfield is a cartoon cat not a person

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I'm glad Nintendo is so conservative and cautious with every busieness decision other than hardware design that they're constantly a decade behind on being lovely to their customers

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

This looks really cool

I don't do kickstarter anymore after being burned a bunch by it but I'd play the game

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

StrixNebulosa posted:

I am a sucker who makes bad decisions with money so I'm down for this. :v:

But also yeah, a CYOA with minor stats and a well-written vampire story is like, hello yes please.

I guess most of the kickstarters that burned me were from unproven people but still preordering two or three years before the game releases isn't something I want to do anymore

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
My monkey paw must be broken cause every time I wish for valkyrie profile on it tri-ace makes a new star ocean

Hell at this point I'll take VP2 HD remaster

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Andrast posted:

How about a mobile gacha game?

There is one but it's Japan only

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Relax Or DIE posted:

just don't put memes in your game. the best case scenario is that you have a lame rear end joke by the time you launch.

the original phoenix wright trilogy is only pretty drat good these days instead of absolutely incredible cause of all the dated memes in it.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I played the WiiU Mario Party at PAX to kill an hour with my friends at the end of one of the days and the fact that games are down to half an hour instead of being three hour slogs is amazing. If the price of that is the car then so be it.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

The Colonel posted:

epsxe has been the worst one for like five years

The last time it was the best one was even longer ago than that

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
No emulator that expects you to gently caress with plugins can be called "good" though sometimes there is no good emulator for a console

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
the playstation emulator I used last time I did this was pSX but it's been a long time

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I was kind of expecting the xbone to come around as people realized that it was a fine console despite the marketing shittiness like what happened with the ps3 but it never happened

I'm never getting an xbox though so whatever

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Now that JRPGs are on PC I'm probably just gonna go PC plus Nintendo every gen now. When I got my PS4 it was not yet the case that every JRPG came to PC.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I wonder which periods of time, looking back from 50 years from now will be considered the golden age of videogames

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
If you like the Elder Scrolls setting it's pretty fun to wander around a larger portion of it in ESO.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
What's a good cheap or free game I can finish in 4-5 hours while I wait for the big game I'm gonna play next to arrive tomorrrow

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Steve Yun posted:

What are your platforms

Everything but xbox

FirstAidKite posted:

Do you like interactive fiction games with very light rpg elements and multiple endings?

sure hit me with it

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Cool those recommendations should be enough to fill today up thanks

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I caught a bit of a ffxiii-2 100% speedrun where the first split was at like 20 hours and was "beat the game"

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Unreal_One posted:

That musta been the last split, cause the longest run on the leaderboards is 19:49:25.

I think the game had just come out like a month or two earlier and it might have been the actual very first attempt at 100%

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Chat (especially voice chat) with randos is the loving worst and I think less of a game just by virtue of it having an active chat scene (some games have a chat feature that's relatively underutilized by the playerbase and that's fine)

Anyways I filled today with Donut County and Doki Doki Literature Club so I'm set to play Atelier Ayesha when it arrives tomorrow. DDLC was pretty overhyped. If it's the first work of its type you've read it's probably pretty mindblowing but I feel like I've read the same thing but better a dozen times by this point.

Donut County was cute and fun but I got weird racism vibes from how the raccoons were portrayed. Like, everyone was saying "everything was great in the neighborhood until the raccoons moved in" and it felt just a little too close to real life stuff to be handled by a cutesy game with no introspection.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
my unease didn't come from the choice of animal but the way of taking about how the new group moving into town was ruining everything

I mean in the game they were ruining everything but fiction tends to make things the author wants to present clearcut

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I played whichever tomb raider subseries included the remake of the original and it was good. New tomb raider was pretty boring though

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Social media sorting conversations by people instead of by topic is baffling to me and a large part of why I use these dead forums instead

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

The White Dragon posted:

oh no gently caress what am i gonna do with my crystal chronicles ripoff now

be cuter than them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Saint Freak posted:

And so the best girl is Labrys once again.

• Locked thread