Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

bloodychill posted:

I wonder if ZOE2 has aged well. I really loved it at release.

I played it a couple years ago and it was still a lot of fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Taintrunner posted:

Just before I woke up today I had a really weird dream where Postal 3 was an open world game set in an old west ghost town filled with cats in hats that were defending it from an invasion by Russians.

That sounds a lot better then whatever edgy bullshit would be shoved into an actual Postal 3 release.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I actually do remember beating that boss back in the day.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Are we sure that Valve is still run by people?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Despite how old it is, the combat system in ZoE is surprisingly good.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Taintrunner posted:

Ah, cool! Thanks for all the tips guys. There's a couple characters I just don't give a single poo poo about (Ryuiji, Mishima) so I won't focus on them as much, but I just don't wanna feel like I'm under the gun.

You want to put some focus on Ryuiji due to a certain late rank only activating on certain days. Out of curiosity how far are you into the game and what are your social stats?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
When I meant social stats I meant things like courage.
Anyway as a general advice for anyone in the thread,
Make sure to have as much high quality fertilizer as possible and keep your plant healthy for a boost to kindness.
Go to the baths on Mondays and Thursdays for charisma.
Only go to Mementos when you have three or four missions at minimum.
Don't worry about getting Platinum in one run as it is literally impossible.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Unreal_One posted:

I just wanna say, bless the hearts of the marketing guys who saw that everyone calls it the 360 and decided the next platform should be called the One. They had it all figured out.

It is amazing just how much the hosed up everything involving marketing for what would become the xbone.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

chumbler posted:

Based on the Valkyria 4 demo, shock troopers seem kinda pointless. Their accuracy is really poor at range and movement is still kinda crappy, and the game has really strong longer range options. Maybe their armor later gives them an edge or they get more interesting weapons, or there are defense or ambush missions where they're more useful.

All classes have a role to play in Valkyria games as long as you are not cheesing the maps. Shock Troopers are there to deal with lancers and other shock troopers whilst also providing a lot of incidental fire which is great when you can get the enemy to run past your guns.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Just saw the new trailer for Kingdom Hearts and I still can't believe it is coming out next year.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
So in this threads opinion, how was FF15?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Dragon quest 11 or spiderman if I am going to get one game?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I am a big jrpg fan but Spiderman does look really good.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

I said come in! posted:

Want to get this on Steam. Game looks really good.

I played the PS4 demo and it is very good as it feels very much like playing the old game with some of the more annoying niggles ironed out combined with some fun new additions.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
The film acknowledges that Killmonger has a point, but that the method he was trying to use to achieve change was wrong.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I was wondering when reality would start cracking at the seems.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I would love to see just how Nintendo is reacting to everything that has happened in the last week or so.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Valkyria Chronicles 4 is proving to be a lot of fun and I have appreciated the variety of missions I have so far had to deal with.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Been playing some more VC 4 and I am loving it so far. There has been some nice map variety and the two units that were added to the game, grenadiers and apcs are great additions to helping rounding out what you have to fight against and what you are capable of doing.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

In Training posted:

What platform are you on? I was thinking of getting the switch version, unless it runs like crap or something.

I have been playing it on the PS4 and it seems to be running quite well. It does help from a graphical perspective that it hasn't changed that much since the first game.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Nina posted:

I’d be all over it but I hear the AI hasn’t really been improved at all so I’m a bit on the fence. The AI in the first game was way too easy to exploit

The AI isn't that much better, but if you are not careful it can catch you off guard.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Saint Freak posted:

I should probably get me some Valkryie Stories 4

https://i.imgur.com/FOrg2uR.mp4

I was going to make a joke about the gun going through the guys head, but after taking another look I am not sure what happened.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Any scout who got that close to a shocktrooper from the front would be dead already.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

The Colonel posted:

said like someone who never used defense buffs

Buffs are for emergencies or when I want to have a stormtrooper tear apart heavy tanks in a single attack.

Edit: Motors are a lot of fun to use, especially when you start getting to use the different types of motors.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

The Colonel posted:

that's what you think but buffs are the way you can totally break scouts to make them insanely op in vc1 lol

I understand that, I just don't like that style of play.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaB8xEik488

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Further into VC4 and I am still enjoying myself. The AI may not be the best but the maps themselves are complex enough that it requires some thinking in regards to how to get the best results.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Samuringa posted:

I'm loving everything about Tales of Berseria but my favorite part by far is all the lovely advice everyone in the party keeps giving to Laphicet, it's the best worst family.

Tales of Berseria has a amazing group dynamic. My favorite bit is the fact that they party is aware that Velvet can be a bit of an edgelord so need to come up with bullshit excuses so that she can do what she wants without her pride getting in the way.

• Locked thread