Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I've platinum'd both of the Shenmue games and I'm finished with Kiwami 2 already. I don't know what to do with my life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Real hurthling! posted:

V is my fav but imma play xi

Just beat yakuza 2k. Good poo poo. Such cliffhanger

There's stuff after the credits, just in case you missed it.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

raditts posted:

...Really? People in SA-Mart couldn't be rid of them fast enough over the last year for rock bottom prices, I can't imagine demand is that high.

I mean it's out of production, so it'll more or less become a collector's item in the years to come. Not to mention it also serves as a good option for playing Wii games or even Gamecube if you get into homebrew.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

That Ren...

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

this is hosed

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Phantasium posted:

i still have ps+ because one day i will play yakuza 4 and 5

Keep in mind we're likely to get PS4 remasters of these.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

haveblue posted:

Enable all items, require that all characters and stages are chosen at random

Yeah, this.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Verranicus posted:

Pro Smash is garbage.

Yeah, my view on it is pretty much this. That's like trying to play Mario Party or Mario Kart competitively. They're party games. Spontaneity is kind of part of the proceedings. Who the hell wants to play Smash with restricted items and stages? That sounds so lame to me.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I mean like, enjoy a game however you want to, but idgi personally. There are plenty of fighting games out there that are designed to be balanced and competitive.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Weegee Mansion 3, Katamari HD, and Animal Crossing Switch.

Today is good.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Jay Rust posted:

I think franchises should stop being a thing.

I like getting more of something I enjoyed, generally.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I love Luigi's Mansion and generally any game that lets me search all the furniture in a room.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Taintrunner posted:

My wife ragequit the hunting in Yakuza 5 and is making us skip to 6 but she doesn’t wanna sit through the intro. I feel like our marriage is being tested.

You're skipping an entire game because of a completely optional side content? And she doesn't even wanna invest in the story of 6?

Sever, my man.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Steve Yun posted:

In the Y6 demo they open with the ending of 5 where Haruka announces she’s quitting her singing career and professing how proud she is of her ex-yakuza dad. It sounds like that’s what sets off the events in 6. Is there a lot more that you need to know going into 6?

I guess not? But skipping an entire game's worth of story and content just because "I don't like this one side activity that can totally be ignored" is bonkers to me. Yakuza 5 is great!

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

This better not actually be happening because I already plunked down money on their new Walking Dead season lol

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Telltale used to be a pretty loving tiny outfit, I playtested for them a couple of times prior to their breakthrough with the Walking Dead game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

MGSV will likely let you down if you love Metal Gear for the batshit stories and cutscenes. But hot drat is it a fine game.

• Locked thread