Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I start a new account or just die?
Binch
Fagogt
Lol owned
Goku
Probe op for a week
View Results

• Locked thread
Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

First they came for Richard, and I threw a fit and no one listened or cared

Hen they came for Alex jones who I believe has a right to exist and free speech

Now the bell tolls for whom

I am having an emotional crisis please help meeeeeee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
isnt op the guy who started a patreon so people who liked reading his posts could donate to him?

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Patronage really motivated me to fulfill the purpose of my twitter account

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Never change, just keep on shining you beautiful christbol diamond

seriously though, all social media platforms with over 5 million users should be nationalized through imminent domain to protect the 1st amendment since they are essential to the existence of an healthy public debate necessary to a functioning republic, and any corporate control over that is a threat to free speech

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

Creamed Cormp posted:

Never change, just keep on shining you beautiful christbol diamond

seriously though, all social media platforms with over 5 million users should be nationalized through imminent domain to protect the 1st amendment since they are essential to the existence of an healthy public debate necessary to a functioning republic, and any corporate control over that is a threat to free speech

How did we ever have democracy before Twitter?

Does that include the bots? Are bots entitled to free speech?

Shadow0 has issued a correction as of 00:17 on Sep 3, 2018

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

I didn’t have a whole lot of followers, in fact I’m sure I have more people who’ve blocked me, but the ones I did have were quality. I was honored to get followed by authors, artists or organizations that inspire me .

I loved my time on twitter, maybe a little too much. I had been trying to take time off of it Bc I was using it so much but still in two years I managed over twenty two thousand tweets

This is what happens when you tell the truth in a world comprised of lies

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I got banned for calling jack an idiot.

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

I keep trying to get into twitter but I really just hate everything about it

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Former DILF posted:

I keep trying to get into twitter but I really just hate everything about it

It’s a very toxic environment but I wanted to be a light in the darkness

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Maybe the intellectual commons shouldn't be privatized

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Moridin920 posted:

Maybe the intellectual commons shouldn't be privatized

If only there was a political movement dedicated to overcoming privatization and fighting for communal interests

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Commie NedFlanders posted:

If only there was a political movement dedicated to overcoming privatization and fighting for communal interests

yeah have you considered that like 100 years ago something involving kulags or whatever happened and it was bad? checkmate communailures

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

seek my balls

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
These social media tech monopolies are shutting down and censoring all speech that doesn't align with their politics. They're mostly censoring conservatives, but they're shutting down far left people as well. And this isn't the free market, they're monopolies. Everyone needs to get on stuff like bitcute. This whole situation is turning into an orwellian nightmare.

AllNewJonasSalk
Apr 22, 2017

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I tweet about comic books and my state of highness and have never been blocked by the Twitter. You should try that next time, OP.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Twitter finally does something good.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Shadow0 posted:

How did we ever have democracy before Twitter?

Does that include the bots? Are bots entitled to free speech?

- in the past, the concept of public forum of idea was different, but things change

- bots, not being humans, are not entitled with human rights (and neither should corporations but I disgress)

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

did you go over the character limit

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

gary oldmans diary posted:

isnt op the guy who started a patreon so people who liked reading his posts could donate to him?

Link? Please I need to support him so I can continue using his posts as a means to make myself feel less of a total moron by comparison.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

you loving suck op hopefully you get banned from here next

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Blue Train posted:

Due to your negative energy I feel bad about my mean post now by proxy. Forgive me OP.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
I've made 1 whole tweet in my entire life.

AGGGGH BEES
Apr 28, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
given your history of being a tramadol junkie-tier racist, op, I cant say I'm surprised twitter booted you

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Blue Train posted:

hey now buddy, let the goon who is without a SA ban cast the first stone, and neither of us is qualified

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

AGGGGH BEES posted:

given your history of being a tramadol junkie-tier racist, op, I cant say I'm surprised twitter booted you

Now I feel better again. OP you are a goof.

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

AGGGGH BEES posted:

_____/

if CNF ever said anything racist, he was trying to make a point using irony

AllNewJonasSalk
Apr 22, 2017

THUNDERDOME LOSER
If you want OP I can send you $100 and a care package to help you recruit some "revolutionaries" for an "assault" on the "people" that run a corporation of your choosing. Let me know.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Commie NedFlanders posted:

It’s a very toxic environment but I wanted to be a light in the darkness
You sincerely can't, and I don't mean this as a criticism of you. Twitter's format and rules don't allow for this for a bunch of reasons. It just isn't conducive to having a real conversation.

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
Does lowtax have a new twitter account or has he gon underground?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

FactsAreUseless posted:

You sincerely can't, and I don't mean this as a criticism of you. Twitter's format and rules don't allow for this for a bunch of reasons. It just isn't conducive to having a real conversation.

It's expressly designed to PREVENT conversation (the length limit).

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Go to Mastodon and start tooting.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

mastodon isn't hosed up and nihilistic enough, it barely makes me want to kill myself at all.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

FactsAreUseless posted:

What aspects of Twitter's format do you feel are the primary contributors in preventing real conversation?

AllNewJonasSalk
Apr 22, 2017

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Jon Joe posted:

What aspects of Twitter's format do you feel are the primary contributors in preventing real conversation?

I think the fact that it let's people talk to each is the number one factor contributing to its lack of conversation. People suck and they suck more on Twitter.

AllNewJonasSalk has issued a correction as of 01:37 on Sep 3, 2018

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

I miss the old twitter where it was 90% accusations of Judaism

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Former DILF posted:

_____/

if CNF ever said anything racist, he was trying to make a point using irony

Once again I feel bad.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Jon Joe posted:

Only automated (and easily manipulated) moderation, the Twitter feed itself, a feedback system based on trying to get fast reactions in a short window, the ease with which users can be harassed, the low signal to noise ratio, the difficulty of establishing yourself as a new user, the lack of anti-botting mechanisms, probably more that aren't popping into my head right away.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
Twitter is not a medium for discussion, no matter how many people try to do so with photos of try-hard essays, numbered posts, or linked videos. It's a medium for shitposts, insults, and getting yourself elected President of the United States.

#Basta

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
im worried about twitter carrying the burden of protecting our free speech from now on just like im worried about the guestbook count on my myspace

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
i registered a twitter account once to see if bitching at Delta on it was faster than calling the gold medallion line : it wasn’t

• Locked thread