Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I start a new account or just die?
Binch
Fagogt
Lol owned
Goku
Probe op for a week
View Results

• Locked thread
let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
have not used twitter since so I have a forgotten twitter account with one tweet that says something like “come on delta, you treat a gold medallion worse than random Expedia plebes?”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
mods please list those that did not vote goku, i offer a 3 day probation of myself as sacrifice

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Mnoba posted:

mods please list those that did not vote goku, i offer a 3 day probation of myself as sacrifice

anime is bad, I tweet into oblivion

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
DSA follows me too, OP bfd :clint:

Smoking_Dragon
Dec 12, 2001

WOE UNTO THEE
Pillbug

Creamed Cormp posted:

Never change, just keep on shining you beautiful christbol diamond

seriously though, all social media platforms with over 5 million users should be nationalized through imminent domain to protect the 1st amendment since they are essential to the existence of an healthy public debate necessary to a functioning republic, and any corporate control over that is a threat to free speech

The government controlling and policing social media would be the worst possible outcome.

elmer chud
May 18, 2018
(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Smoking_Dragon posted:

The government controlling and policing social media would be the worst possible outcome.

The government would be required to abide by the first amendment and would thus be unable to offer a platform to Nazis while silencing leftist speech as Twitter currently does.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

Only automated (and easily manipulated) moderation, the Twitter feed itself, a feedback system based on trying to get fast reactions in a short window, the ease with which users can be harassed, the low signal to noise ratio, the difficulty of establishing yourself as a new user, the lack of anti-botting mechanisms, probably more that aren't popping into my head right away.

at least it does something right

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

Does jack ban you for tweeting at him to suck your balls? because that's a pretty bitch move imo

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

elmer chud posted:

The government would be required to abide by the first amendment and would thus be unable to offer a platform to Nazis while silencing leftist speech as Twitter currently does.

it sure is a good thing the US gov't doesn't have a rich tradition of empowering right wing radicals while zealously oppressing leftists wherever it can.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

AGGGGH BEES posted:

given your history of being a tramadol junkie-tier racist, op, I cant say I'm surprised twitter booted you

OP pls post some typical examples of your tweets so we can judge whether this is true or not.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
Hey CNF! :wave:

Twitter's bad!

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

youre like the reverse perminator

elmer chud
May 18, 2018

Gobblecoque posted:

it sure is a good thing the US gov't doesn't have a rich tradition of empowering right wing radicals while zealously oppressing leftists wherever it can.

There would at least be the opportunity to file suit as opposed to no redress.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

elmer chud posted:

Hahahha when the gently caress has twitter silenced leftist speech, like that's the majority of my timeline. Hope your not talking about the banwave that took out everyone avoiding a ban with an alt account, because that took out all political stripes.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

gary oldmans diary posted:

isnt op the guy who started a patreon so people who liked reading his posts could donate to him?

the loving life

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Mnoba posted:

I can’t check poll results, but I can probe. :shrug:

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

elmer chud posted:

When you say "nazi", are you talking about actual nazis, or are you talking about people like Sam Harris or Ben Shapiro?

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
they deserve the same treatment so who cares

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

Blast of Confetti posted:

they deserve the same treatment so who cares

I see this sentiment from a lot of progressives, and it's insane and evil. Republicans/conservatives have become the sane grown-ups in the political sphere somehow. Progressives are psychotic.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
trap sprung idiot i was going to say we should treat them like people and hear them out because the truth is in the middle

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

is twitter even fixable at this point?

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

The Dennis System posted:

I see this sentiment from a lot of progressives, and it's insane and evil. Republicans/conservatives have become the sane grown-ups in the political sphere somehow. Progressives are psychotic.

Whoa 😯 I wanted to comment on this but there’s no politics allowed here where can I speak freely about politics

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Commie NedFlanders posted:

Whoa 😯 I wanted to comment on this but there’s no politics allowed here where can I speak freely about politics
D&D, CSPAM

Amateur Saboteur
Feb 5, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
this thread is hella ratiod yikes

lets get this hearts goin

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer
WHAT WAS THE TWEET?!?!?!?!??!?!

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

Former DILF posted:

is civilization even salvageable at this point?

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
Narrator: it wasn't.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Blast of Confetti posted:

trap sprung idiot i was going to say we should treat them like people and hear them out because the truth is in the middle

haha got em

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

honk honk!

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

anyone who posts in this subreddit deserves to be shot via rocket back to their homeworld, retardulon prime

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

In the trisomy nebula

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Creamed Cormp posted:

Never change, just keep on shining you beautiful christbol diamond

seriously though, all social media platforms with over 5 million users should be nationalized through imminent domain to protect the 1st amendment since they are essential to the existence of an healthy public debate necessary to a functioning republic, and any corporate control over that is a threat to free speech

Is "imminent domain" what comes before eminent domain? Or is it like eminent domain but faster?

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Kitchner posted:

Is "imminent domain" what comes before eminent domain? Or is it like eminent domain but faster?

I indeed hosed up, but I'm more concerned that like 3 people answered my posts without noticing it too ngl

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry
I mean it's a relatively pedantic point as everyone knows what you meant. I just liked the idea of imminent domain being it's own thing. Like, oh boy I'm going to seize your property any day now!

The real point is eminent domain doesn't apply to companies.

Still, all that is fairly boring, and the idea of imminent domain is much funnier.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Mnoba posted:

binch spotted

Vaginal Vagrant
Jan 12, 2007

by R. Guyovich

The Dennis System posted:

These social media tech monopolies are shutting down and censoring all speech that doesn't align with their politics. They're mostly censoring conservatives, but they're shutting down far left people as well. And this isn't the free market, they're monopolies. Everyone needs to get on stuff like bitcute. This whole situation is turning into an orwellian nightmare.

Dennis and Ned, are they agreeing?
Is this horse shoe theory, of which I've been hearing?

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

Commie NedFlanders posted:

I wanted to be a light in the darkness

You're not bright enough.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

D&D is fitting punishment for Commie Nedflanders posting

Adbot