Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
Eliminator is back for its Crystal anniversary season!

Your favorite clown-car of an admin team has continued to stare down the barrel of Ruby just for you— many thanks to Rura Penthe for doing all the actual hard work in seasons 1-13 so we can just poke at it successfully.

---

What is eliminator?
A free game running on the intarwebs that lets you obsess about NFL football in exciting ways! Running out of SAS/TFF since 2004, it contains survival mode and pick'em with reverse and spread variants, as well as a fake money betting mode called funbuck that allows spread, moneyline, over/under, and parlay betting like a real sports book except you don’t get any actual money at the end.

Important Links:

Make some picks!

---

Games

-Eliminator: An inevitable march toward a sure thing that isn't
-Reverse Eliminator
-Spread Eliminator (pick against the spread)
-Reverse Spread Eliminator (because why not)

-Pickem: 16 chances to pick against the Browns, and 240 other games to ponder
-Reverse Pickem
-Spread Pickem (pick against the spread)
-Reverse Spread Pickem (also because why not)

-Funbucks: Gamble with fake stacks that are still easier to cash out than Bitcoin

Also there are groups! Maybe you don’t want to lose to randos from the internet, but you think you can show up people you actually know! Good news, you can do exactly that. Group owners can set their groups to be public/private, control the game types that are allowed, and email invitations to users.

There are leaderboards for every game type and every group, so there have never been more chances to show how bad you are at picking NFL games!

---

Season 14 recap:

voodoo and HalfMoose were both tied as the season 14 winners in eliminator (hats off to HalfMoose who did it without picking against the Browns 7 times).

Fenrir was the pickem winner with a 71% final correct pick percentage on 183 victories.

knightmare wrecked the house in funbucks, with a final total of just over $106K (of which $88,000 came in a 4-way week 15 parlay which included two bets on the Jets). Bold strategy but it paid off.

---

Worst Bloodbaths Ever!
2004 Week 9
First year of eliminator and very few bets, but the Giants and Chiefs went down and when the smoke cleared only 25% of players were still standing.

2005 Week 1
The game that made Rura swear off Rams bets forever. 4 complete seasons since and not once has he bet on that cursed team.

2006 Week 7
Cards and Jags combined to break the hearts of well over 100 people. 29.76% remained.

2007 Week 10
Damned Saints! This was the year the Saints had suddenly become good. Unfortunately the ghost of Archie Manning put a hex on the team and they went down, taking 76 brave souls with them. (The hex was made more powerful by Archie not being dead.) 27.86% survived.

2010 Week 16
The latest mass elimination in the history of the game. 6 of the top 8 teams (ordered by # of bets) went down in flames and only 20.9% survived.

2013 Week 10
Jaguars beat Titans. Whoops. 15.49% made it through.

2015 Week 2
The god damned Saints again. Brees takes a massive L in his own stadium at the hands of Jameis Winston and the Buccaneers for Winston's first ever NFL win. Later that day, the Ravens give up a touchdown with 30 seconds left in the 4th to go down 33-37 against the Raiders. Yikes. Only 12.3% survived the worst bloodbath in Eliminator history.

Last season there wasn’t a week with under 50% correct, that’s no fun at all. Maybe this season will yield some comedy?

Qwijib0 fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Sep 5, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
There have definitely been major bloodbaths since 2013 and the list never gets updated. Maybe we could add one or two of those? Anyway, ground floor, bitches :getin:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Been looking for this thread for two weeks! I've got most all my picks in and am excited to be eliminated in week 1 and to lose all my funbux repeatedly throughout the season.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

Tiny Tubesteak Tom posted:

There have definitely been major bloodbaths since 2013 and the list never gets updated. Maybe we could add one or two of those? Anyway, ground floor, bitches :getin:

I couldn’t remember and couldn’t find them. If you want to troll ‘14-16 and find the others I’ll update the op.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
:toot: Always good to see this each year! Can't wait to see my 11-way parlay go down in flames.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Qwijib0 posted:

I couldn’t remember and couldn’t find them. If you want to troll ‘14-16 and find the others I’ll update the op.

Yeah, that's what I meant. I'm gonna scroll through '14 and '15 because I'm almost 100% sure I was involved in a massive one and I'll post it when I find it.

EDIT: Found the one I was thinking of. There are a couple with ~40% correct picks but I think that's too high to make the bloodbath list.

2015 Week 2
The god damned Saints again. Brees takes a massive L in his own stadium at the hands of Jameis Winston and the Buccaneers for Winston's first ever NFL win. Later that day, the Ravens give up a touchdown with 30 seconds left in the 4th to go down 33-37 against the Raiders. Yikes. Only 12.3% survived the worst bloodbath in Eliminator history.

barnold fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Sep 5, 2018

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Yeah, that's what I meant. I'm gonna scroll through '14 and '15 because I'm almost 100% sure I was involved in a massive one and I'll post it when I find it.

EDIT: Found the one I was thinking of. There are a couple with ~40% correct picks but I think that's too high to make the bloodbath list.

2015 Week 2

:lol:

Not that I can say much since I picked the Rams that week :v:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

2015 Week 2

Hah. I survived by taking the bucs that week! I'd totally forgotten about that.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

the eliminator website is so fuckin good and easy to use. it's even funnier when you look at the team graph and see just how disparate the votes were

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

awh hell yeah, I am ready to suck at this yet again.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
look at that spread

(it's a trap)

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Qwijib0 posted:

look at that spread

(it's a trap)

Detroit NYC and the Saints are always over favored because their fanbases are big-time homer bettors.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

Qwijib0 posted:

look at that spread

(it's a trap)

lol history truly does repeat itself

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Qwijib0 posted:

look at that spread

(it's a trap)

The fuckers that run that site need to update the Bucs logo. It's been changed for like 4 years now.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

wandler20 posted:

The fuckers that run that site need to update the Bucs logo. It's been changed for like 4 years now.

do you really need that football to be orange? :haw:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Bring back Bucco Bruce.

BBBB!

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Yeah I just don't trust the Saints here. Going with the Ravens in eliminator. Bills are going to be really really bad this year and frankly I'm surprised the line isn't double-digits.

Texans in reverse.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Made my picks! Week 1 is always the toughest. I like the Saints against a Tampa team that's a mess and the Bears to lose to the Packers with Rodgers back.

elfurbe
Dec 22, 2005
That guy with the thing

wandler20 posted:

I mean, I guess they did but you're kidding yourself if you think we're sweating over their graphic designers spending years adding some gray shadow lines to vaguely updated clipart of the same flag they've had since 1997. It's a zero fucks situation, my friend. If they go back to the actual Errol Flynn-looking Buccaneer someday, that we will fix for great justice.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

elfurbe posted:

I mean, I guess they did but you're kidding yourself if you think we're sweating over their graphic designers spending years adding some gray shadow lines to vaguely updated clipart of the same flag they've had since 1997. It's a zero fucks situation, my friend. If they go back to the actual Errol Flynn-looking Buccaneer someday, that we will fix for great justice.

Seems like it would be a 20 second fix, but perhaps I'm wrong. Oh well.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice
picks are in. :getin:

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

wandler20 posted:

It would we just hate the bucs.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Elephanthead posted:

It would we just hate the bucs.

Makes sense and I can't say I don't blame anyone for hating the Bucs.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

wandler20 posted:

20 seconds is 20 seconds too long for the webmasters of a totally free eliminator website. is the logo that big of a dealbreaker?

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

wandler20 posted:

logo has been updated

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Qwijib0 posted:

logo has been updated

Lmao, well played

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Qwijib0 posted:

logo has been updated

:discourse:

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms
I didn't think I was going to bother with Eliminator this year, since sometime around February last year I decided football was stupid. I'm sure I'll feel differently when I get to see the Pats win hopefully by week 5

SpitztheGreat
Jul 20, 2005
How on earth has it been 15 years?!?! How have I been doing it for six years?! (8 if you count the two years I did the alternative that was hosted on ESPN)

God, I am not prepared at all for week 1.

SpitztheGreat fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Sep 6, 2018

insider
Feb 22, 2007

A secret room... always my favourite room in a house.
Hopefully I make it past week 1 this year.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what

Qwijib0 posted:

Season 14 recap:

voodoo and HalfMoose were both tied as the season 14 winners in eliminator (hats off to HalfMoose who did it without picking against the Browns 7 times).
Heeyyyyy wait just a second here. :hmmyes:

As always thanks for hosting Qwijib0 - looking forward to some blood baths (and picking against the Browns).

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Bumping this for week 1 visibility

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Someone remind me how to look up potential bloodbaths. Or is that not visible until the games start?

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

Grittybeard posted:

Someone remind me how to look up potential bloodbaths. Or is that not visible until the games start?

Go to "View Bets" for Eliminator, sort by Team or Team Graph. It won't show you the actual number/statistic until after the week is over, but you can see the amount of bets on each team in the meantime with that view.

El Patron
Jul 9, 2011

Philly Philly
Bloodbath incoming.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

bucs saints cursed matchup

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

"Identity Crisis" Murderer Wild Guess #333:Prince "Lady Killer Charming "Well, I AM the Adversa"

Dear blood gods, please hear our prayers, and accept this sacrifice we offer up to you. In your unspeakable name, amen.

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

The site has been down for over 12 hours now it seems, which sucks for procrastinators such as myself

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

your internet connection is cursed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jethro
Jun 1, 2000

I was raised on the dairy, Bitch!
Imminent week 1 bloodbath. :argh: