Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Steelers :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
4/4 in elim so far, but that just means I'll go 0/4 this week.

Pretty bad at Pick Em so far though (and Funbucks but I always suck there).

wasianchickn
Sep 4, 2006

welp
Alive in eliminator and reverse eliminator, but somehow I continuously am getting worse in week 1 at pick-em. At this point I think I'm subconsciously trying to make bad picks.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

wasianchickn posted:

Alive in eliminator and reverse eliminator, but somehow I continuously am getting worse in week 1 at pick-em. At this point I think I'm subconsciously trying to make bad picks.

I ended week one 8-8 and if I manage to close out the season with the same efficiency as a coin flip I will be very pleased with myself

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I am OK with being out.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Who All thinks the Chargers will cover. On here.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Glad I forgot to make my pick before the early games because it would have definitely been the Saints

wasianchickn
Sep 4, 2006

welp

Intruder posted:

Glad I forgot to make my pick before the early games because it would have definitely been the Saints

Hey, Saints narrowly survived!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Can always count on the Browns to be the Browns

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.
Stupid J-E-T-S :(

Stupid spread bets not able to cover my parlay losses.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i won 54,000 bucks and immediately re-bet it for the snf game and lost them all. Please return them due to that error

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Cavauro posted:

i won 54,000 bucks and immediately re-bet it for the snf game and lost them all. Please return them due to that error

lmao I saw your "let it ride" special

the Giants are bad, OP

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

im being doxxed and harassed

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
lol if you don't take the Vikings in regular elimination in week 3.

Leaning towards the Titans in reverse. Not a lot of great options outside Buffalo, who I'm going to save as long as possible. Also I'd rather not use the same game in both regular and reverse.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Cavauro posted:

drat that was a nice parlay. Going for the big score is the way to do it

Rams and Bills made for easy eliminator and reverse choices this week, I doubt it will always be so easy though.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Went with Saints and Bills.

:cool:

Edmund Sparkler fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Sep 18, 2018

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
Missed my parlay by two loving points because I took the over 43. gently caress

wasianchickn
Sep 4, 2006

welp
Right now it's hard to bet against betting against the Bills for eliminator. Tempted to take Cardinals in reverse even at home cause jeebus they're bad.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

So if nothing else, fun bucks prepared me to learn how to bet so that I actually began to bet, which then made my funbucks ability better but not my actual betting because I'm too timid to actually bet like I do on SAS.

So basically :words:

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Fun Bucks has also taught me how to bet, in that it taught me not to bet.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Cavauro posted:

Thanks to this I remain the Funbucks leader :cool:

Also:

Mega64 posted:

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

wasianchickn posted:

Right now it's hard to bet against betting against the Bills for eliminator. Tempted to take Cardinals in reverse even at home cause jeebus they're bad.

The real trick to reverse eliminator is to find the best team that's gonna lose that week, so you can save those really poo poo teams for when you NEED that loss.

By this logic, I'm going with the Lions.

Rooster Brooster
Mar 30, 2001

Maybe it doesn't really matter anymore.
I maintain the funbucks leaderboard should be ranked by total amount of money risked, not amount won less amount lost!!!!

(actually I'd love to see total risked, total won, and total lost all separately)

Play
Apr 25, 2006

WampaLord posted:

The real trick to reverse eliminator is to find the best team that's gonna lose that week, so you can save those really poo poo teams for when you NEED that loss.

Yeah I'm afraid I didn't actually know how this game works before it started. I saw mention of "picking against the Browns 7 times" and thought that you could continue to pick any team you want. So I've put myself in a bad situation having taken too many obvious teams

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

WampaLord posted:

uhhhh

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

It's subjective. I can't find a better team that I'm sure will lose.

"Best team that is guaranteed to lose this week" != "Good football team"

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

The Browns are a three point favorite. How often has that happened in the last 18 games they've played?

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Mega64 posted:

Good lord this.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Blowjob Overtime posted:

The Browns are a three point favorite. How often has that happened in the last 18 games they've played?

Not very often. I only see the Browns as favored one time since 2015, when they were a 1 point favorite over the Colts on September 24, 2017.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

:eyepop:

Play
Apr 25, 2006

I feel like my fun bucks didn't refresh this week, how much are you supposed to get each week?

Big Jay Cutler
Sep 2, 2011

IT'S ME
Also picking Minnesota to bring on the eliminator apocalypse

CMON, WORLD!!! KILL US

wasianchickn
Sep 4, 2006

welp

Play posted:

I feel like my fun bucks didn't refresh this week, how much are you supposed to get each week?

500 buckaroos (if you've bottomed out, which I do every week)

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
thanks, the browns

thowns

wasianchickn
Sep 4, 2006

welp
Frankly you deserve 100x that amount.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
85/138 took Cleveland yesterday (including me) which is hilarious confidence in a winless team. But that win was coming.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Qwijib0 posted:

thanks, the browns

thowns

:hfive:

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
Somehow I took the Browns over the Jets. Must have been sleep or something :shrug:

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe

Mega64 posted:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
yo

vikings

gently caress off