Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I'm having the same problem, it looks like it's down right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
we are currently feeding the hamsters and everything should be back to normal once they jump back on the wheel.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
well, that took, uh, longer than we would have liked but everything should be back to normal

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

let it ride

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
the loving titans man. Eliminator was the only good streak I had left. I'm fuckin' blowing it in pick'em this year

wasianchickn
Sep 4, 2006

welp
Back under 0.500 in pick'em, the journey continues!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

12 people are 5-0, 2 are 4-0 pending MNF result

Nobody's 0-5 :toot:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it happened again

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Still perfect in reverse eliminator but that's it. At least I had a pretty good pick em week, each one is better than the last. Only 45 wins but I believe I can keep getting better as we learn more about each team.

What's funny about the funbucks is if I hadn't bet at all, and just let the money accumulate, I believe I would have 3,500 or so. That would put me in 4th place. We are terrible at this game lol

Cavauro posted:

it happened again

What you won a shitload of funbucks and then immediately lost them?? drat

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

10k baby let's do it again next time

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

So I just noticed: Pyromance has won Spread Eliminator. Mind_Taker has won Reverse Spread Eliminator. They are both sole holders of 5-0 records in those games.

Is this the earliest ever for a winner?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Leperflesh posted:

So I just noticed: Pyromance has won Spread Eliminator. Mind_Taker has won Reverse Spread Eliminator. They are both sole holders of 5-0 records in those games.

Is this the earliest ever for a winner?

Don't you keep going any the player with the most wins by the end of the season get it?

Cavauro posted:

10k baby let's do it again next time

Not quite the magnitude of your first haul but I've yet to win a single big parlay :(

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Play posted:

Don't you keep going any the player with the most wins by the end of the season get it?
I think it's supposed to be "person who goes the longest without a miss is the winner" but since we usually end up with some perfect records it amounts to the same thing.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yeah the game is called "eliminator" if you are not eliminated then it should be called something else.

It's not coded to eliminate people, but it ought to be. :colbert:

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I think coding the function to kill everyone who loses would hurt participation and may be illegal.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Mega64 posted:

I think coding the function to kill everyone who loses would hurt participation and may be illegal.

well that's just like...your opinion, man

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I never said I was against it.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
Can we all just have fun? Geez it's obvious when you are eliminated, but it's still fun to see how badly you do with the choices.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I've probably changed my choice at least three times in the last hour.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Leperflesh posted:

Yeah the game is called "eliminator" if you are not eliminated then it should be called something else.

It's not coded to eliminate people, but it ought to be. :colbert:

Check me if I'm wrong, Sandy, but if I kill all the golfers, they're gonna lock me up and throw away the key...

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
I feel like you can have multiple ways to win: a perfect season, being the last one with a loss, and being the best among those with a loss if nobody goes 17-0. That's one of the ways SAS Eliminator is better than normal ones!

Play
Apr 25, 2006

drat I had an amazing first half of the day, catching up to the front at pick em, and then dropped three of the late games.

In reverse eliminator I'm one of about 12 or so with perfect records. So some winnowing to be done there

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

yeesh. i know i picked a couple longshots in there but i'm really doin' bad this year

swampface
Apr 30, 2005

Soiled Meat
Has anyone ever figured out the connection refused issue? It seems to randomly decide to reject connections for no reason I can figure out. At this moment I can connect over at&t wireless, but not my work fiber (that worked an hour ago), comcast, or another phone on cricket (which is technically also at&t). In an hour or two all of those will randomly change.

elfurbe
Dec 22, 2005
That guy with the thing

swampface posted:

Has anyone ever figured out the connection refused issue? It seems to randomly decide to reject connections for no reason I can figure out. At this moment I can connect over at&t wireless, but not my work fiber (that worked an hour ago), comcast, or another phone on cricket (which is technically also at&t). In an hour or two all of those will randomly change.

They're always anecdotal reports like this that I don't know how to track down. I have to assume it doesn't happen to a lot of people with any frequency or we'd hear about it more. The only suspect I've ever had that I can't ever properly implicate is an agent that watches server logs and bans ip addresses if they exhibit sketch behavior like brute force ssh login attempts or requesting php admin page URLs or using known terrible bot useragent strings and the like. The ssh brute force bans are very long, but the web client activity bans are one day each, so if you have a problem from a client on some network and then 24 hours (or more) later you don't have one, that would be super helpful to know as maybe my filters are too aggressive. In terms of any other automation changing anything on the server frequently, I update the firewall with the Spamhaus DROP/EDROP lists every 4h or so to keep hijacked networks from being a thing I have to think about, but that's pretty much it.

Since I don't have an alternative non-public way for you to send me client details, any of you are welcome to PM me the IP address(es) of your client(s) when you're having problems, if you like, along with anything else you think might be relevant. I want to be super deluxe clear that I am NOT saying that I will REPLY to your PM or FIX ANYTHING if you send me this information, but it might be helpful to me in some way. Think of it like the exact opposite of submitting a trouble ticket where someone will communicate with you to solve your issue because it's actually just yelling into a void that's probably listening.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
cowboys you hosed my parley.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Betting against Red Rocket on Sunday Night is funbux gold I tell you!

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Back on the winning track! My three way parlay came through for $586 funbucks.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Two points and a Rams/49ers over from collecting 8k or so in funbux. Story of my year so far, but at least I hit on everything else

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Time to bet the Colts!!!

Rooster Brooster
Mar 30, 2001

Maybe it doesn't really matter anymore.
If you had just picked the home team in every game, your pick'em score would be 65-42. My score right now is 65-42 :geno:

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Rooster Brooster posted:

If you had just picked the home team in every game, your pick'em score would be 65-42. My score right now is 65-42 :geno:

Yeah I'm at 66 and I really didn't need to know this

Play
Apr 25, 2006

I almost had a perfect week :/ it seems like everyone else is starting to get more correct though as we go on so I'm not gaining any ground

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE
Because I'm gonna gently caress this up this week, I'm posting it here to savor it.

Rooster Brooster
Mar 30, 2001

Maybe it doesn't really matter anymore.

ulmont posted:

Because I'm gonna gently caress this up this week, I'm posting it here to savor it.

I checked your bets for the week, and I applaud your devotion to the "only crazy parlays" funbuck standards.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I know it's Peterman but do I really want to pick the Bears like, ever

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

I picked the Bears last week and it turned out okay :v:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Looks like it worked out so far

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

gahhh my best option next week is either the Jets (hoo boy) or the Saints on the road (leaning toward this)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

Intruder posted:

gahhh my best option next week is either the Jets (hoo boy) or the Saints on the road (leaning toward this)
I'd say Jets, Packers, and Pats ahead of Saints.