Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
Yeah flexing games to Saturday makes the nfl scripts... weird so I had to manually enter the Saturday results. It is possible I did not find all the places in the database to do that as it relates to funbucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
The 2018 Regular Season has ended, with nobody surviving through week 17 in regular or reverse eliminator!

In Regular the best record of 16-1 was held by cohomology, let down by the Vikings in week 3!

In Reverse, there was a 7-way 16-1 tie between Kettle, Phoenicianite, Nit Wit Dog poo poo, Monkeytime, Jethro, wandler20, and LauraKat. Poor LauraKat made it all the way to week 17 before being foiled by the Saints.

never trust the Saints!

riparian cleaned up in Pickem with a final record of 176-80, a success rate of 68.75%, and 4 picks ahead of the second place finisher, Ross who ended up at 172-83, still well ahead of the 3-way tie for 3rd at 167-89.

:siren: Wild Card Weekend is ready for picks in the 2018 Eliminator Postseason :siren:

Qwijib0 fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Jan 1, 2019

elfurbe
Dec 22, 2005
That guy with the thing

Qwijib0 posted:

yak yak yak etc

Since one of you pedantic jerks is thinking it, I'll just mention that CJ'93 was the last standing in Eliminator at 10-0, and is thus the "survival" champion and that's how bad Eliminator went this year. A full 78 were cut down in week one by the Saints, why oh why do I ever pick the Saints. This also makes LauraKat the reverse survival champion at 16-0 before getting kicked right in the teeth by dollar-store-Kevin-Costner Sean Payton and those very same Saints in week 17 where it hurts the most.

Truly there could be no more evidence that you must, as qwijib0 said, never trust the Saints.

In addition to cleaning up pickem, riparian also smashed up the Funbucks for the regular season with an absurd seven-way parlay in week 17 that produced 61,710.80 for a grand total of 68,448.08. Don't spend all your fake money in one place.

If you play some other variant and you won, congrats, but let's be honest, no one cares. High-five yourself, no one else is gonna do it.

Good luck in the post-season, you filthy animals.

Jethro
Jun 1, 2000

I was raised on the dairy, Bitch!
Eliminated in week 1 by the Saints, and then eliminated again in the Conference round by the Saints. Will I never learn? (Probably not).

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
whether it's entirely their fault or not, the saints'll screw you.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Qwijib0 posted:

whether it's entirely their fault or not, the saints'll screw you.

Their just called "priests" when they're still alive.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice
i finally won a thing

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

no. i won the super bowl

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
Thanks folks for doing this!!! I wasn't as engaged this season as last, but I certainly look forward to next season!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Thank you too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elfurbe
Dec 22, 2005
That guy with the thing
And so with the whimper of an excessively boring Super Bowl, Eliminator Season 15 has come to a close.

We had two post-season Eliminator champs, RedPudding and Cavauro, congrats to both of you for getting to pick the Pats to win yet again and be right.

Also two post-season reverse eliminator victors, crispyseaweed and Tiny Tubesteak Tom. I hope you both enjoyed picking against what is good and right.

We had a four-way tie at 9-2 in Pickem, with repeat offender Tiny Tubesteak Tom, oshuaj, corradopark and SpitstheGreat. Also sad to note they all picked against decency to get that 9th win.

In addition to winning Eliminator, overachiever Cavauro stacked up a pretty nice $14,131.63 in the Funbucks, a full ten stacks ahead of the nearest challenger.

I hope all of you that picked the Patriots to go all the way are happy with yourselves, but on the plus side we've got more evidence that we are definitely in the darkest timeline, so we've got that going for us. Which is nice.

Time to get out your methadone sport of choice and try to hold off the shakes until pre-season 2019 comes to save you from the abyss. Thanks to everyone that played and, rest assured, whether you like it or not, we will return next year and every year, continuing to provide this additional virtual arena within which hope goes to die under the heel of Tom Brady.