Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LKPGaming
Sep 5, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
https://youtu.be/3Qa8ipcLcSg

Here is a Let's Play of Super Mario Land for the Gameboy!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
:rolldice:
Crap.

LKPGaming posted:

Well, you're not wrong.

I'd say do something about your audio levels, but this video is about six years old, so it might be a moot point.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

OP...delivers?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Congratulations on spending $10 USD to get a couple of rubberneck trainwreck views and to be mocked heartily for... whatever the hell this is supposed to be, I really couldn't hear anything over how garbled and mumbley the audio was.

Welcome to Something Awful, enjoy your (brief) stay! :buddy:

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Sep 5, 2018

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Also, congratulations on the successful test of your slow teleportation machine. A lot has changed in the world since you posted this video back in 2012. You’re never gonna believe who the president is now...

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

nine-gear crow posted:

Also, congratulations on the successful test of your slow teleportation machine. A lot has changed in the world since you posted this video back in 2012. You’re never gonna believe who the president is now...

Mario?! No way!!!

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
you all remember the super mario bros movie? people say it was bad, but i think it rocked in that bad is good way. stories about hoskins and leguizamo hating it so much that they drank on set are crazy especiallg because it culminate in hoskins getting injured and having to wear a cast for part of the film.

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib

Blind Sally posted:

you all remember the super mario bros movie? people say it was bad, but i think it rocked in that bad is good way. stories about hoskins and leguizamo hating it so much that they drank on set are crazy especiallg because it culminate in hoskins getting injured and having to wear a cast for part of the film.

I liked the mario rap.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Blind Sally posted:

Hoskins was a drat legend and the world is a darker place without him in it anymore.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.
The Super Mario Bros movie was amazing because it gave John Leguizamo practice for being afraid of sentient mold, which was clearly what clinched his role in The Happening.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Who is Luigi Mario?

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Reminds me that despite being aware of like everything that happens via cultural osmosis, I've never actually seen the film before. Maybe one day I'll fix(???) that but that day is probably not today

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Dragonatrix posted:

Reminds me that despite being aware of like everything that happens via cultural osmosis, I've never actually seen the film before. Maybe one day I'll fix(???) that but that day is probably not today

It makes a good double feature with the similarly gritty and post-apocalyptic for no reason other than “The 90s” C-grade video game movie Double Dragon. That one’s worth it for Robert Patrick’s platinum dyed flattop haircut and goatee alone.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:
Looks like Thanksgiving came early this year.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

I also have not seen the SMB movie despite my friend's best attempts.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
I remember watching it as a kid and being so confused at everything.

Why were the dino people human? :confused: And why did that CNN guy call them the "Mary-o Brothers"?

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
that's how my confused aunts and uncles who didnt understand video games called them. it was, fir me, the most realistic part of the film

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
But seriously, there was one summer when I was a kid where I watched Double Dragon and Street Fighter on something of an interchanging loop. And I was a dumb kid with no content barometer back then so I couldn't really definitively tell that they both sucked, only that they entertained my simple pre-teen mind at the time. Like Street Fighter is not a good movie by any measure, but it has some really great moments sprinkled throughout it

Any moment Raul Julia is on screen with anyone else, it's golden. Zangief's "Quick! Change de channel!" line is the funniest gag in the movie. Deejay as an upbeat kissass lackey to Bison works incredibly well for some reason. JCVD sells the hell out of that inspirational speech just before the climax, especially the "And Um gonna keek dad sonufabeech Bison's rear end so ARD dat da next Bison WANNABE is gonna feel et!" line. Dude nails it.

And then of course, there's always Tuesday. The best villain speech in ANY medium period. Fight me if you disagree, I have a knife and will use it :colbert:

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
JCVD is good

but back to Mario bros

Odd
Dec 30, 2006

I think everybody just needs to maybe cool out a little maybe

Blind Sally posted:

JCVD is good

but back to Mario bros

the movie is canon

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

LKPGaming posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

lol gently caress you crow this video is funny as poo poo

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Putty posted:

lol gently caress you crow this video is funny as poo poo

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

nine-gear crow posted:

And then of course, there's always Tuesday. The best villain speech in ANY medium period. Fight me if you disagree, I have a knife and will use it :colbert:

Don't forget the invisible-but-only-to-cameras boat!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

PoptartsNinja posted:

Don't forget the invisible-but-only-to-cameras boat!

That boat was loving baller and it really should show up in a SF game proper at some point.

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib
I've never seen the SMB movie either, I did unironically like the cartoons though.

The street fighter movie was one of those not bad but also not good movies that I watched and was entertained by but I don't remember anything from it.

ArcadePark
Feb 4, 2011

Damn it, It's all your fault!

Fredrik1 posted:

I've never seen the SMB movie either, I did unironically like the cartoons though.

The street fighter movie was one of those not bad but also not good movies that I watched and was entertained by but I don't remember anything from it.

I loved the street fighter movie specifically because it was so bad. Better to be bad and entertaining than be decent and stale. Kinda like the first Mortal Kombat movie.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
I just discovered that this fan site is a thing: http://www.smbmovie.com/

I had no idea. To quote Luigi, "nothing's impossible. Unlikely, improbably, but not impossible!"

Party Bug
Mar 13, 2008

SALT BECOMES EMPOWERMENT
The super mario movie is a cyberpunk masterpiece.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Blind Sally posted:

I just discovered that this fan site is a thing: http://www.smbmovie.com/

I had no idea. To quote Luigi, "nothing's impossible. Unlikely, improbably, but not impossible!"

Oh gently caress I definitely had that Mario figure and completely forgot about it until just now.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
I've seen several of those Mario figures in the wild but never any of the others.

Also, one of the best scenes in the movie: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ydBkyCXfao

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

ArcadePark posted:

I loved the street fighter movie specifically because it was so bad. Better to be bad and entertaining than be decent and stale. Kinda like the first Mortal Kombat movie.

Mortal Kombat lands in the end zone by a finger's length of being a good video game movie largely on the strength of its soundtrack, the fights between Liu Kang and Scorpion/Sub Zero/Reptile, having a coherent plot, and Christopher Lambert and Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa each having a hammy blast as Raiden and Shang Tsung, respectively.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Christopher Lambert makes everything better.

I also did a James Remar costume for him, Annihilation was complete trash but at least they made Cyrax look cool?

I haven't thought about that in years and it just reminded me of the fuckin' weird Street Fighter cartoon, Savage Dragon, Mortal Kombat Defenders of the Realm, and Wing Commander Academy crossover episodes.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

PoptartsNinja posted:

Christopher Lambert makes everything better.

I also did a James Remar costume for him, Annihilation was complete trash but at least they made Cyrax look cool?

I haven't thought about that in years and it just reminded me of the fuckin' weird Street Fighter cartoon, Savage Dragon, Mortal Kombat Defenders of the Realm, and Wing Commander Academy crossover episodes.

Thanks to Black Lightning I've come to realize James Remar has been in a lot of stuff I've seen and enjoyed without knowing it. Dude really is a fantastic actor and he was also responsible for voicing the single greatest line in the history of video games period.

Alpha3KV
Mar 30, 2011

Quex Chest
Slightly late for this (in my time zone anyway), but NEVER FORGET :911:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=og6POlrNU64

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
https://legendsoflocalization.com/what-do-japanese-fans-think-of-the-super-mario-bros-movie/

Faylone
Feb 18, 2012
There's actually a webcomic that's a sequel to the SMB movie: http://www.smbthecomic.com/comic/page-1/

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
:aaaaa:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Faylone posted:

There's actually a webcomic that's a sequel to the SMB movie: http://www.smbthecomic.com/comic/page-1/

Last update April 9, 2015

:negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
Seen Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, and Super Mario Bros. Enjoyed all three.

• Locked thread