Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

James Woods
Jul 15, 2003
Man I just built a new computer that doesn't start throwing smoke out the back when I load the old thread and have only made it up to Harambe. It's weird reading the run up to the election before Season 1 of crazytown starts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

James Woods
Jul 15, 2003

DaveKap posted:

Good to see the equipment from the SF Armory get some use after being shut down.

Please tell me at least one of you gets this joke...

My wife and I took a tour there on our first date.

James Woods
Jul 15, 2003

DaveKap posted:

You could, before it was shut down due to lovely laws. The new owner might still allow some kind of tour, since there's literally a river running underneath the city and the basement is one of the only places to see it. No doubt it's a historical landmark of some sort... though I think it's being converted to office space.
Edit: Apparently the mission creek in the basement thing is actually a myth and it's just normal groundwater that would appear if anyone dug as deep as the basement. Lame!

Oh the river is certainly there it was one of the highlights of the tour. There's all kinds of old irrigation systems, Shanghai and speak easy tunnels all over this city because of the quake and all the rebuilding that was done. It was really interesting seeing how they re purposed old ammunition storing facilities and cannon elevators into slave dungeons. I had no idea they weren't doing tours anymore. I'm really glad I saw it when I did.

James Woods
Jul 15, 2003

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

I love it when people put time into silly poo poo like this. I love Dude A blotting Dude B's brow.

As soon as I saw that I was thinking how nice that would have been when I was a mechanic.

James Woods
Jul 15, 2003

Oh man I've left my convertible top open in the snow before. That poo poo sucks.

James Woods
Jul 15, 2003

I loving love that movie.

James Woods
Jul 15, 2003

I still think they should have gone with the original title. All You Need Is Kill is such a superior name.

James Woods
Jul 15, 2003

Solice Kirsk posted:

Nah, they're just big dogs.

I had a pet wolf growing up in Colorado and can attest to this. He was an extremely lovable animal albeit very stubborn and dumber than a sack of hammers. At least once a year he'd escape the property for days at a time and come back with a big stupid grin on his face and covered head to toe in mud and the blood of several small animals. He was an extremely patient hunter and would hide in the bushes for hours and eventually pounce on an unsuspecting bird or squirrel. I miss that big fluffy idiot.

James Woods
Jul 15, 2003

Solice Kirsk posted:

What was his name? Please tell me it was something awesome, like Amarok.

Kodiak. Kodi for short. We rescued him as a puppy. The vet said that he suspected that he was the runt of his litter and was abandoned by his pack. He weighed a mere 120lbs.

James Woods
Jul 15, 2003
Jesus that reeked of Deathstalker but I didn't remember that they made a third one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

James Woods
Jul 15, 2003

LifeSunDeath posted:

Hey I didn't make a judgment call, just informing people that if you want to see some nutsacks, and splayed ones at that, this movie has got em!

I'd say they balance it out pretty well near the end.