Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

FactsAreUseless posted:

That's not Crono's sword
Why do you think Frog's looking at it so intently...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Jeep! Because who cares about center of mass?

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

MrMidnight posted:

She's dancing to a kids tune. Just you tube baby shark song and you'll see a million versions of it.
That larger lady reminds me of the large lady from MST3K.

Karate Bastard posted:

Bug that turns left
Was waiting for him to draw a full circle around it and was disappointed. :( But at least the bug was not tortured so that's OK.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Whenever I see stuff like this and there are parts where there's like 50 people just standing around watching as closely as possible, I always wonder what each individual's job is and, out of all of them, which have the job of carefully watching the thing happen. I'm not presuming that all 50 don't have an important part of the job, I just wonder what all those jobs are.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

If this was a commercial, the restaurant would be packed. I just ate and this is making me hungry.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

King Vidiot posted:

I would legit loving faint on the spot if I saw that I literally could've died if I hosed up.
A majority of the time you're driving, all it takes is a quick turn left to die.

https://i.imgur.com/nxZbfRf.mp4

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Oh god the right side of my skull got numb just SEEING that. Ugh...

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

DryGoods posted:

the cat is safe
"How he was able to cling to the roof while it was going so fast is still a mystery."
Actually, miss news reporter, if you understand aerodynamics and momentum... :goonsay:

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

The crazy part about such an insanely vertical video is that I was actually scrolling my browser up and down to follow the drone and it barely felt like I was moving around the gif.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

jobson groeth posted:

Here you go, add this to your ViolentMonkey / TamperMonkey / whatever and fix that problem.

You'll need to remove the URL tags that SA adds to this
I use Stylus and that didn't work at all. I super appreciate you trying, though! I'll figure out wtf is wrong with Stylus at some point.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Overminty posted:

This seems to work for video/image resizing.
You rule, thank you!

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

I am both of the times he leaves his batter's stance to straighten himself and talk poo poo.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Good to see the equipment from the SF Armory get some use after being shut down.

Please tell me at least one of you gets this joke...

DaveKap has a new favorite as of 02:27 on Oct 26, 2018

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

I've made datamoshes and even I don't know how the gently caress this got pulled off. Amazing.
I'd love to know how this gets made. Wish I could find the author.

James Woods posted:

My wife and I took a tour there on our first date.
:discourse:

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Trivia posted:

You can take tours there???
You could, before it was shut down due to lovely laws. The new owner might still allow some kind of tour, since there's literally a river running underneath the city and the basement is one of the only places to see it. No doubt it's a historical landmark of some sort... though I think it's being converted to office space.
Edit: Apparently the mission creek in the basement thing is actually a myth and it's just normal groundwater that would appear if anyone dug as deep as the basement. Lame!

DaveKap has a new favorite as of 21:54 on Oct 26, 2018

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

James Woods posted:

Oh the river is certainly there it was one of the highlights of the tour. There's all kinds of old irrigation systems, Shanghai and speak easy tunnels all over this city because of the quake and all the rebuilding that was done. It was really interesting seeing how they re purposed old ammunition storing facilities and cannon elevators into slave dungeons. I had no idea they weren't doing tours anymore. I'm really glad I saw it when I did.
I took the tour as well. I just meant that the "river" we see in that tour isn't actually a part of "Mission Creek" according to Wikipedia.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

bike tory posted:

For real how is this still a loving thing in video games. They'll spend millions of dollars and work 100-hour weeks for years developing a weather and lighting systems that lets me watch sunlight filter accurately through a procedurally generated billion-particle mist that's emanating realistically off my horse's organically temperature-and-weather-responsive balls, but NPC AI is still this same loving binary state that games have had for 25 years where NPCs flip between either being at peace or in an unending murderous rage, such that all you need to do is step on a loving chicken's foot outside a farm and suddenly, with hive-mind-like immediacy, every NPC in the vicinity will take up arms and home on you until you've killed them all or left the area.
They actually added a third "agitated" state in RDR2 where you can defuse the situation and the non-assholes will calm down while the assholes will go aggro anyway because they're supposed to. Sort of like how Oblivion/Skyrim had a "block while talking" way of defusing situations that got out of hand except people won't straight up attack you in the agitated state. It's a step in the right direction but it's by no means perfected.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Azhais posted:

Depends on the situation. I came around a corner in Saint Denis and ran into another horse at a canter knocking us both down. Whole map went red and they killed me before it even finished the getting back on your feet animation
That particular situation was very likely the other guy dying because as soon as someone dies, then yeah, it's crazy full alert for everyone. Though I wouldn't be surprised if that's not the case and the game just hosed up. The system sure as hell isn't infallible.

Solice Kirsk posted:

Funnily enough, they had it better in the RDR1. You could kill your horse by falling off a blind drop or by shooting it in the back of the head by accident, but the animal wouldn't charge straight into a tree at breakneck speed or slam headlong into a cart it saw approaching from a mile away.
"Better" is subjective. I'll take my silly horse prat fall gifs over perfectly intelligent horses any day, thank you!
This is bothering the hell out of me because you can clearly see the very top of the second panel before it lights up and the guy's fully pressed it in between 2 frames.

DaveKap has a new favorite as of 20:21 on Oct 31, 2018

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

JEEVES420 posted:

I am an expert on LED walls :smug: and in that video they are using magnetic "locking" panels with contact connectors. The reason it looks like it is missing frames is because the magnets are literally pulling the panel out of his hands.
I actually wrote "unless it's magnets" and then ninja edited because I didn't wanna look dumb. How the hell do they pull a panel out?
Edit: Too much text, have a Happy Halloween gif!
https://i.imgur.com/FJ82asK.mp4

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

ante posted:

Magnets.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Watching this I like to think that's a mountain range to the top right and the little thing moving near the bottom is a horse.
To which a friend of mine, who had the same exact thought, said "just goes to show how fractal nature's geometry can be."

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Ooooo I wanna make some!

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Beer_Suitcase posted:

Anyone else call this substance "Oobleck"?
https://www.wikihow.com/Make-Oobleck
I do now!
Edit: I guess it's literally just water and cornstarch. Well, that's easy!

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Chiming in to say I also understood the video game conveyor belt reference.
https://i.imgur.com/MUzOgcZ.mp4

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

At some point this becomes the "PYF short video" thread and not the "PYF gif" thread so the less we treat those like videos, the better.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Also he's traveling.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Ian McKellen taught him that move.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

I love when the best part of wrestling is how on point the cameramen and director are at comedic framing and timing. It's a shame they can never win any sort of award for being so drat good at their craft.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

w00tmonger posted:

Fantastic avatar material
I've been meaning to ask the person with that avatar where it's from but I always forget. Now that the gif is here... where's this gif from?

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

My only issue with not using gifv is that I wanted to fast forward and rewind it. :(

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

As someone who makes datamoshes, the fake ones unreasonable bother me and the ones like this make me wonder how the gently caress they got their glitching to be so consistent.
Edit: Upon closer inspection, this one looks like it might be fake or at least mildly doctored. Not that it matters, I shouldn't get in a huff just because someone has a new technique for datamoshing.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Ah, now that I can watch the video I see that they did some sweet rear end combinations of green screen with the datamoshing and that's how they got the effects that eluded my understanding. Very cool!

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

This is the rope, this is the rainbow rope...

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Dragonstoned posted:

I don't care how much you hate chairs, don't throw them off a loving balcony on to traffic.

Fortunately the dumbass is being charged for it
It's not a gif but she has the winningest lawyer ever holy poo poo

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

There's a sex joke in here somewhere.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Little do we know that this guy's the star wars kid of the animal kingdom.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

I can't see timg'd mp4s. What is wrong with me. :(

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

No need for super safe hydraulic press channel when we've got super unsafe Chinese laborers channel!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

May I please ask that posters have some decorum for the gif thread and please embed your images? This is the gif thread, not the imgur links thread.

Cartoon Man posted:

Bouncer handing out naps to idiots:
https://m.imgur.com/gallery/BmDHwzd
https://i.imgur.com/4gvntZA.mp4