Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Basketball is almost back!

Yahoo
ESPN
CBS

As before, please let me know if there are any cool resources that you want me to put in the OP. If your league is recruiting, I'll also put it in the OP!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Speaking of leagues recruiting, I'm going to be looking for at least two owners in our twelve team auction keeper league from last year. Here are the two teams I know are available.

Keepers are +$7 per year, up to five per team. UDFA (guys with a "-" where their draft cost would be) are assumed to have been drafted at $7 (so $14 to keep)

league is full, hooray!

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Oct 5, 2018

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I drafted in a Yahoo public league. Head to Head, I picked 10th of 12th, serpentine. I think I did okay but I'd like some feedback.

#10 N.Jokic
#13 C. Paul (Feel like I hosed up not picking Donovan Mitchell here)
#23 K.Love
#26 T. Harris
#36 D.Saric
#39 H. Barnes
#49 J. Redick
#52 T. Evans
#62 B.Ingram
#65 S. Dinwiddie
#68 J.Harris
#78 B. Portis

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Looking for a league.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

tadashi posted:

Looking for a league.

If you want either of the two teams I posted above shoot me a PM with your e-mail and let me know which

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Two more teams for my auction keeper

Plus this one is still unclaimed

Keepers are +$7 per year, up to five per team. UDFA (guys with a "-" where their draft cost would be) are assumed to have been drafted at $7 (so $14 to keep). $250 budget.

Draft is currently set for this Sunday night at 7:30

League is full, hooray!

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Oct 5, 2018

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

any non auction leagues looking for members?

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Also looking for non-auction league

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
I am also looking for another league to join

MelancholyMark
May 5, 2009

Haven't played fantasy basketball since before I had a smart phone, got roped into a league this year. Is there something similar to thebeergod's beersheets for football? Hard to find fantasy advice for anything not football.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
Loving the new feature on the Yahoo site that lets you set the active players for an entire week, its probably gonna save a lot of teams

Disharmony
Dec 29, 2000

Like a hundred crippled horses lying crumpled on the ground

Begging for a rifle to come and put them down
Can I get feedback on the team I drafted?

It's an Auction draft for 10 teams, standard 9-CAT in Yahoo.

The plan was to lock up rebounds, blocks, FG%, and turnovers by drafting a combination of AD, KAT, Gobert, Drummond, and DJ - ended up getting 3 of those 5. And also being competitive enough with 3 pointers and maybe steals and assists. Not sure if I did this right.

• Karl-Anthony Towns
  • Anthony Davis
  • Bradley Beal
  • DeAndre Jordan
  • Kris Dunn
  • Jeff Teague
  • Tyreke Evans
  • Eric Gordon
  • Jabari Parker
  • Thaddeus Young
  • Elfrid Payton
  • Jalen Jackson Jr.

Disharmony fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Oct 15, 2018

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
Filled, thanks

bbf2 fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Oct 16, 2018

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Had the 11th pick in a yahoo pro league and got Westbrook and Paul George. I was really tempted to take Steven Adams

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

The Glumslinger posted:

Loving the new feature on the Yahoo site that lets you set the active players for an entire week, its probably gonna save a lot of teams

What is this? All I could see was the normal day by day thing.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

IcePhoenix posted:

What is this? All I could see was the normal day by day thing.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Oh that's pretty cool. I'll still probably do the day by day thing though because I don't trust that start active button.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Yeah the "start active" button badly needs rank and injury priorities built into it. It's only good for like a rough draft that you then edit and correct.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
The start button is a total loving lie. I'd hit it for mass starting in baseball this year and it'd promptly throw every single injured or worst option in to start. I'd check and see Mookie Betts on the bench in favor of the worst batter on my team every single time.

Do not hit that button. It's a fools button.

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004
Premature to drop Kyle Anderson? Cedi Osman is on the WW and I want to rectify that.

Only other real drop options are De'Aaron Fox and Brook Lopez, though neither of those seem like wise drops.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

i feel kinda bad that my opponent accidentally left Go Bear and Dame on his bench because Yahoo resets your lineups whenever you drop/add someone

but i'm also not gonna complain too hard about it.

(also I'm starting Lance "The Bron Slayer" Stephenson this week on a whim since Rondo and Ingram are out, watch this blow up in my face)

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
I have a friend who was in a league that switched from daily to weekly about an hour before the season started

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Vernacular posted:

Premature to drop Kyle Anderson? Cedi Osman is on the WW and I want to rectify that.

Only other real drop options are De'Aaron Fox and Brook Lopez, though neither of those seem like wise drops.
drat... You or someone else has probably acted by now but Cedi is a must add. I drafted him in the 9th round and would've even taken him earlier if I thought it necessary. Probably premature to drop Kyle Anderson but still worth it to pick up Cedi. Brook wouldn't be a super bad drop either for the right player.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I really enjoy fantasy basketball a lot but it really messes with your priorities sometimes. Like until ESPN adjusted the scores at night I went from, despite Anthony Davis being injured, up 8-2 to tied because Kuzma and Rondo shot accurately while being blown out, leaving me really mad at them instead of happy for them being bright spots in a blowout, and feeling gross because I needed some late night Buddy Hield rebounds and slightly accurate 4th quarter to save the week.

Rick fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Nov 5, 2018

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Also I think I could use another league because the randos league I joined to fufill the empty void of a mostly complete team for my 'main' game this year has featured a guy using the bad F word and everyone approving a Klay Thompson for Lebron James trade in a league that doesn't take any sort of accuracy into account.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

You had your chance, Rick :v:

Also, I kept Aaron Gordon over Zach LaVine because I felt like my heart was clouding my judgement and after three weeks I can say I am never making that mistake ever again. :negative:

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

IcePhoenix posted:

You had your chance, Rick :v:

Also, I kept Aaron Gordon over Zach LaVine because I felt like my heart was clouding my judgement and after three weeks I can say I am never making that mistake ever again. :negative:

Lol next year.

I did not pick up Javale even though he was sitting there week 1 because I hold on to Lakers way too long after they go back to Earth after hot streaks.

E: I guess I should've waited for whatever dark magic ESPN does at midnight because it adjusted me back down to a tie )=

Rick fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Nov 5, 2018

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I just flipped Fox and Nurkic for Donovan Mitchell, Millsap, and Barnes. I'm not too thrilled about it but I figure Fox is going to come down to earth soon and Nurkic might get replaced by Zach Collins this season.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I'm doltos flipping his good players for players who should be good but will disappoint him again

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004
Do I...drop Derrick Rose or Brandon Ingram for Dario Saric with this Butler trade having gone down?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I'm trying to decide if I should drop Will Barton from my IR to stick Curry on there a couple games so I can replace him with something.

I dunno I think I have enough juice to win this matchup anyway, would've been nice to be able to do that three days ago.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Man pubbies in yahoo pro 20 leagues sure like dropping named players. Just got Jeff Teague off the waiver, have a claim in on Brandon Ingram, and I'm considering snapping up Jaylen Brown since he's a slightly higher upside guy than Danny Green.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
These all hands on deck nights are always my favorite parts. Spending an hour deciding between which bottom roster guy to start and which to bench is fun.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
Man, my fantasy team is filled with young dudes who didn't make the leap and even regressed

:(

Seriously Lonzo, Ingram and Jaylen Brown are all letting me down, not to mention ~~Dario~~

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Buddy has been smooth as heck, although he was after the all star break last year.

Despite all the stress in my life at the moment, at least some of every day is going to "Rondo or Collison?"

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
So far the Westbrook/George strategy has paid dividends it's just a shame that everyone else on my team is rear end or injured

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I'm so close to pulling the trigger on Gobert/Siakam for Lowry/Horford. It's hard to pull the trigger because I hate to give up the best player but it helps areas I'm weak in.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Spacebump posted:

I'm so close to pulling the trigger on Gobert/Siakam for Lowry/Horford. It's hard to pull the trigger because I hate to give up the best player but it helps areas I'm weak in.

Do not trade away Gobert and Siakam especially for lame fantasy players.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Doltos posted:

Do not trade away Gobert and Siakam especially for lame fantasy players.

I know how stupid it sounds but I really need to improve my free throw %, threes, assists, and steals. If I can do that, my team is fixed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
KCP or Jeff Green. These are the decisions I have to make right now.

My “team” (Steph Curry) is playing really well though lately so I guess (until Steph gets hurt again) it doesn’t matter.

Rick fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Jan 11, 2019