Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Tried it, seems pretty easy. Volta feels meh. 3vs3 with tiny street goals. Nothing exciting imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I'm thinking of buying PES this year. Is there a thread in here about that?

EDIT: reading reddit, it seems like it plays way worse than the demo. Guess I'll just buy fifa next week and try not to touch FUT

shut up blegum fucked around with this message at 09:30 on Sep 14, 2019

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I also pre-ordered the game lol
When does Parmos usually play? I remember playing some games years ago and it was fun, but now I have a family and apparently I can't game when I want anymore???

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Lol, a local store is running this promotion:

If you buy the game, they make a FUT playercard with your picture. I'm actually tempted to do this :downsgun:

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Yeah, I'm hoping the 4v4 or 5v5 modes are more fun to play. Maybe they even introduce some original game modes, I remember 'Panna rules' or 'one down' from fifa Street. Those were fun modes that change up your game.
Also gently caress playing that stupid Vinicius movie every time before I can play Volta.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
You can only use the web app if you pre ordered right? What can you even do on the app before the game is released anyway?

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I haven't tried it yet, I was just asking.
But my club was established in 2010 (:smuggo:), I'll check tomorrow if I can access the web app.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
When I try to log in it says there no FUT club linked to my account and I need to acces FUT on console first :shrug:

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
How's Volta? Some interesting game modes there?
Also shame on you all for pre-ordering this game tsk tsk tsk

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Stefan Prodan posted:

I would have tried it if you could play on a team with your friends with your virtual pros but you can't

This sounds extremely dumb

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I watched some twitch stream yesterday of a guy who had 1,5 million fifa points. While I was watching he spent like 150k opening packs. At 750 points/pack, he opened a ton of them. He got like one 77 rated IF and a load of crap otherwise. If I ever touch FUT, I'll think about that stream whenever I get the urge to buy packs.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Lol I checked a few streams and they're all just dudes opening pack after pack after pack, quick selling everything that isn't an walk-out.
This is ridiculous if you think about it.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Got the game today, played a couple of games. It's alright.
What camera do you use? The default seems weird somehow? Too zoomed in?

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Stefan Prodan posted:

What's wrong with it?

There's a whole list of bugs/stuff in this reddit thread.
Stuff like the AI fielding a team full of reserves, selections that aren't up to date, the inability to change the formation of certain players etc.

By the way, the Dutch commentary in this game is awful. Like really really bad.
Yesterday I had a guy running on the wing and the commentator goes: "Look at that speed, it's like he's riding a bike *makes engine noises*". Or when I was playing some match in a stadium in Rome: "I remember this stadion from the Olympics. We got to stay in x hotel and we could use the Olympic pool, with the 10m diving boards *makes water splashing noise*".

What the gently caress.

shut up blegum fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Sep 28, 2019

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

dxt posted:

That sounds amazing. Wish I could play it in Dutch and also could understand it.

Found a clip so you can hear it. I changed my mind by the way, it's hilarious.

https://twitter.com/elsierd/status/1177609046289014785?s=19

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

greazeball posted:

yeah I'm getting a lot of crashes and hangs plus audio bugs and the having to "earn" the transfer market on the web app... each one of these is pretty egregious plus a gently caress you cherry on top. I wish I hadn't taken last year off, I just want to trade football mans and make flashy stepover doers rage quit with my burnley ball.

I took last year off as well, and the thing that annoys me is that my FUT club is gone. What The FC was founded in 2010 or something and now it's gone. The game generated Roma AC as my club and I don't even know how to change that. A minor thing but it annoys me so much. You'd think they would just tie that club to your account. But they don't for some reason?

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

greazeball posted:

But actually there's a season objective somewhere that seems to be the one and only time you can change the name of your club.

Found it. For some reason it won't accept the WTF initials anymore though.

Decided to build a Serie A team. So far I got Lukaku jr, Caceres, some Brazilian CB and a striker named Kevin Lasagna. Rest of my team is still silver, bronze untradeable crap the game gave me. I'll just buy cheap players and upgrade that squad over time. Hope to end up with Lukaku and Mertens I guess?

And another thing, am I blind, or did they remove the coin bonuses you could buy from the catalogue? Those helped immensely in the first games but it looks like they're gone now...

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Cool, thanks for all the tips. Also lol at this:

shut up blegum posted:

Guess I'll just buy fifa next week and try not to touch FUT

This went well :downsgun:

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I can't access transfers on the web app or the phone app. Squad building will have to wait :(

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
The friendly modes with the boosted ball etc are really fun

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Hello, can someone explain to me how the rewards work?
I'm playing rivals and this gives me points. Those points make it so that I get placed in a certain division, for example gold 3? And then after a week I get the rewards for that division?
It seems like you can't lose points in those divisions :confused:
And when I play squad battles, it gives me another type of points. Those points also place me in a certain division which also give me rewards?

I've played maybe ~10 games this week, and if the above is correct, that would give me like 5-6 gold packs + about 45k coins in rewards? This seems awfully generous for a fifa game?
It feels like I'm missing something.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Jonathan Fisk posted:

There isn’t a set threshold, it’s based on how many points the community earns

If you play a bunch of games early in the week, you’ll slowly drop rank

Oh OK, I get it now. I knew there had to be some way you could drop divisions.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
From very casually playing squad battles, I got a jumbo gold pack, a gold player pack and 10k coins. That's nice and should help improve my team, considering my most expensive player now costs less than 3k :)

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
That fitness glitch is great, I hope it never gets fixed.
Also I love my cheap Serie A squad. Thanks to whoever recommended Quagliarella and Rebic by the way. Q is sitting on 11 goals in 17 games, and Rebic has 13 in 17.
Not bad for players that cost 3,5k.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

greazeball posted:

what's up with FUTBIN? their import squad tool is still down and it seems most of the silver or bronze players have one price update from 2 weeks ago

I managed to import my team yesterday.
It costs 3 Futbin coins, which you can get by doing searches on the market for a specific player. Takes like 2 minutes to get those coins, then you can use the import tool.

So, first you have to install the futbin updater extension, select your platform and do 3 searches, then install the import extension and you can import your team.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Just tried the Futbin club analyzer tool and wow, that's amazing. It just tells you which club players you can use for SBC's and links you to the cheapest solutions and everything. Completed one for like 600 coins and packed Cavani. Shame I didn't open that pack on my PS4, would love to see the walkout animation but oh well.
Also packed Havertz from my rewards, he's going for like 25k, so that's nice too.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Any suggestions for a good Ligue 1 squad? I packed Cavani and Icardi and have some other French scrubs, but I'm not sure what to do with the midfield. You know, without buying Mbappé.
I basically want someone like Nainggolan, but for Ligue 1 :)

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Interesting. You use Cavani as CAM because he's too slow to be a good striker in this fifa?
I'll tinker around with some other players and see where I end up.
The tactics thing you mentionned: you mean set up your team for optimal chemistry and then create a custom tactic with a different position under 'attacking' or 'very attacking' or w/e and then switch to that in-game? Or literally pausing the game as soon as it starts and switch your players around?

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
So, what would you pick?

Coins are meh. Untradeable players could help with the first owner objective. Tradeable players can maybe get sold for a lot more.

Who am I kidding, I'll probably pack an 78 rated 34 speed winger :downsgun:

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Welp, went with the untradeable packs and got Pogba. He was doing the worm on his walkout, pretty amazing.

EDIT: looks like I also have Kovacic and Matic, guess that's my PL squad midfield sorted out then. Any other cheap PL players that are decent?

shut up blegum fucked around with this message at 12:00 on Oct 18, 2019

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I've spent way too much time getting 3 wins with a squad with 7 first owned Ligue 1 players. But now I don't want to play with another squad lol. This is what I have. I switch out Herelle for Hernandez. Herelle is just there to get to 7 first owned players (the other 6 are Cavani, Raphina, Savanier, Aguilar, Konan and Mandanda).

https://www.futbin.com/20/squad/9765758

I was thinking about doing the Osimhen SBC to replace Cavani, but the last games Cavani just clicked. Scores a ton of goals and can keep a ball, he's a beast.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

hopterque posted:

don't forget you can sub on whoever you want for those challenges so even if you have to make do with some trash players for first owner purposes you can replace up to 3 of them with your best players once the game starts
Yeah I know. I threw in Pogba in that team, and usually I sub in Nainggolan because he's a beast in midfield.
Pogba doesn't seem worth 500k coins by the way, at least to me. Maybe it's because I use him wrong or whatever, but I don't notice much difference between him and Nainggolan who costs like 4k? I did score a sweet free kick with Pogba though, but couldn't figure out how to save it :shrug:

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I only need the 'score 3 goals with low driven shots' and 'give 4 assists with a Serie A player' to get the Dzeko scream card.
So I'll probably never get that card :v:

EDIT: lol scored the best goal ever. Hit the ball so bad that it completely took the keeper by mistake and he jumped over it. Then I could just tap it in. I think I saved the clip, I'll try and figure out how to get it of my playstation.

shut up blegum fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Oct 21, 2019

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Oh, I just figured that the icon swaps tokens I have now would work with the next load of icons. I was kinda counting on that, since I only have like 4 right now...

EDIT: looks like you're right Stefan, the descriptions say 'swap X Icon trade items I for player Y'.

shut up blegum fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Oct 22, 2019

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I'm playing with a full Eredivisie squad for the icon swap challenge and they suuuuuuuuuuck.
I throw in Nainggolan and Ben Yedder as soon as the game starts, those two are the best players I have used so far.
Nainggolan is everywhere, and Ben Yedder finishes everything, it's insane

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Ligue 1 maybe? When is the next wave coming out? Right now I have 7 tokens I think, but I don't really care about the cheap icons I can afford now.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

greazeball posted:

That's one of the online first-owner challenges already. I think we're going to be loving sick of Peter Schmeichel after everyone buys their favourite and then he's all you can get with the leftovers.

Oh crap, you're right. Totally forgot I did that one. You're probably right, it's either him or Okocha if you want a cheap icon. Doubt many people are gonna go for Jay Jay.

EDIT: tried some more games with my Eredivisie team. Yeah, this isn't going to work. It's like nobody makes any runs or knows what to do when they have the ball. I'm gonna let this one pass...

shut up blegum fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Nov 1, 2019

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

UnderFreddy posted:

Should be relatively simple to do the Eredivisie with Ziyech, Promes, Bergwijn and Malen. You've got plenty of pace to score goals on the AI.

I thought so too, I have the front three Promes, Malen and Bergwijn, but they never seem to make runs. And when they get into the penalty area, their finishing is horrible.
I'll pass on it for now, maybe I'll try again later.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Thanks for the tips, I'll give it another go.
In other news, just packed a CL Pique (untradeable unfortunately) and IF Fabinho from a SBC. Probably sell , that's like 200k profit, ka-ching

shut up blegum fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Nov 3, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Lol at this line from the article: "a pseudo-match-fixing scheme that would make mid-2000s Italian football jealous"

:discourse: