Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Long time no see goons

FIFA seems even more automated this year, what’s meta

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Go full MLS in the 4-1-2-1-2 with Rooney, Valeri, Piatti

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Finally played enough games to feel confident in saying the game’s garbage

Absolutely stunning that they’ve done it again

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

This year might have the most shameless rubber banding I’ve ever seen in a sports game

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Packed Baby Rijkaard. Sell before fut birthday, during, or after?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Get SBC Skrinar for the color splash

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Handanovic any good?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Nice. What’s your squad?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Haven’t used any high end prem players but FB Perisic and Nainggolan are reliable as hell for me

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Nice pull!

I balked at the 86 rating at first but unless ya get Maddison/Doherty it’s probably fair

With only one sbc per league I guess it’s this and bundes for me

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Lol of course it’s Maddison

gently caress pack weight

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I ain’t got poo poo!

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I mean I actually got sbc VVD which owns but I’d rather trade him for someone from a league I use

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

The game is poo poo because it’s fundamentally reliant on automated processes that neither player controls

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Also due to rubber banding that ea implements but that’s just par for the course for them

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Lol I just lost a game 6-5 in extra time where I only allowed 4 shots on target compared to my 18

Guess I deserved it starting David de gea

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

The system works! :downs:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Yeah, game’s trash

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Icon heavy this year. Didn't really like the game though, probably my last year unless they make major changes.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

You’re a better man than me. Granted I’m only gold 2 level but squad building with all the reward coins and sbcs this year was super fun, if not for that I would have angrily checked out much sooner

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Stefan Prodan posted:

Since FIFA 19 is almost over, I've pretty much steadfastly refused to do flick up crosses or first time finesses or whatever but since we only have like a month left I"m going full out FIFA 19 bullshit and seeing if I can win with The Meta.

I had a thought which was like, normally when you cross you always have to cross to the back post because people generally run a lone striker where the only person behind him is some tiny winger so unless you have like ronaldo or bale on the wing they usually can't do a lot with it, so what if I just go with two strikers and make them both huge?

So anyway I'm trying a 4-4-2 now with TOTS Benzema and Gignac up front. So far I've only tried squad battles with it, but I was completely destroying the computer on legendary, winning 10-0 and poo poo.

So this is what I'm gonna run with for a couple weeks and see if I can just go with the fuckin cheesy meta and win by spamming crosses and poo poo instead of just banging it off the post on every 1on1

I even added anchor to Dembele to improve his jumping and heading and poo poo, haha

Gonna see how it goes and make some people rage hopefully

Where’s modeste

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Wrong, he got two op!!!

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Lol at dude complaining about all of the bounces that go your way but not remarking when he gets the same

Glad to know fifa is universal through all skill tiers

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

the only thing less fun than getting owned in futsal irl will be getting owned in video game futsal, and of course, that's my beta access

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

what's our pro clubs

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Anyone pack anything on the web app yet?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Scrounging through the sbcs by selling everyone since I can’t play any games makes me feel like an addict but it’s fun

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I didn’t even get a hold players pack for my X00 hours of play

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I bought it again because I’m a stupid bitch

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

for any serie A players Kolarov IF is an excellent CDM with a powerhouse on him, and lukaku can cover back at lb

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Isn’t Thursday rivals rewards now? I don’t know how much a high ticket item’s price is going to climb relative to cheap or mid tier options

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Hell, same. I was Div 3 gold 2/1 last year and now I’m struggling to win games in div 5

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

shut up blegum posted:

Found it. For some reason it won't accept the WTF initials anymore though.

Decided to build a Serie A team. So far I got Lukaku jr, Caceres, some Brazilian CB and a striker named Kevin Lasagna. Rest of my team is still silver, bronze untradeable crap the game gave me. I'll just buy cheap players and upgrade that squad over time. Hope to end up with Lukaku and Mertens I guess?

And another thing, am I blind, or did they remove the coin bonuses you could buy from the catalogue? Those helped immensely in the first games but it looks like they're gone now...

yeah they're gone, but there are a few objective coin boosts iirc

serie a is good for cheap acceptable players, look to pick up bastos, correa, leiva, etc. Quagliarella is a steal and with sniper or finisher has high 90s shooting

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

If he gets another live card I’m going to ascend to heaven

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

There isn’t a set threshold, it’s based on how many points the community earns

If you play a bunch of games early in the week, you’ll slowly drop rank

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

lmao

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I’m still terrible at this game, passes that look simple and safe get picked in a millisecond

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Quags is always excellent value, if and when he gets a few IFs look to put a catalyst on him and have him lurking as a cam

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

new McKennie looks dope

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

How do icon swaps work, exactly? Should I save my tokens if I don’t like these options?