Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

kiimo posted:

In your defense Chicago rules except the parts that don't and really people who don't live there shouldn't talk about things they don't know. It'd be like me complaining about Southies even though I've never been to Boston.
Everything I know about Southie comes from Good Will Hunting and now that I'm scoping out apartments in Boston, I find you can't get any decent 2BR in Southie for less than $3500/month. The movies are wrong.

This has nothing to do with football by the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Apparently not enough actual football nonsense happened in week one.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Ultra Carp

Yodzilla posted:

I mean I'm not quite sure what to call whatever it is that happened in the Lions game but it wasn't football.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Yodzilla posted:

Superbowl Champs looked human so naturally the week was a wash.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The first time I went to Minneapolis I couldn't believe how much St. Paul looked like south side Chicago and how much Minneapolis looked like the Prince planet from Star Wars Episode II that ended up on the cutting room floor.

It was 1 degree and people were out in the streets celebrating the weather.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

kiimo posted:

The first time I went to Minneapolis I couldn't believe how much St. Paul looked like south side Chicago and how much Minneapolis looked like the Prince planet from Star Wars Episode II that ended up on the cutting room floor.

It was 1 degree and people were out in the streets celebrating the weather.

1 degree and no wind in the middle of winter? It's time to break out the shorts!

Burginator
Sep 10, 2007

Two ALL BEEF patties,
Special Sauce?
Let Us Cheese.

Azhais posted:

1 degree and no wind in the middle of winter? It's time to break out the shorts!

Just lol if you live in the Midwest and even own jeans. It's just proof of your weak blood.

Bury me in my jorts

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Diva Cupcake posted:

Everything I know about Southie comes from Good Will Hunting and now that I'm scoping out apartments in Boston, I find you can't get any decent 2BR in Southie for less than $3500/month. The movies are wrong.

This has nothing to do with football by the way.

I lived in Southie 10 years ago and it’s basically unrecognizable to me now. The rate and scope of gentrification has been bananas. Even that little time ago it was a lot more “townie shithole” than luxury condos and trendy restaurants. My wife and I had a perfectly nice 1BR for like $900/mo.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Burginator posted:

Just lol if you live in the Midwest and even own jeans. It's just proof of your weak blood.

Bury me in my jorts

I wear jeans in 110 degree weather with 100% humidity.

No one wants to see your loving legs put them away.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Eifert Posting posted:

You're the mafia guy who complained about Tony Soprano wearing shorts Season 1 aren't you

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Boy I love rubbing my thighs raw.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Eifert Posting posted:

Lookit this 1700s puritanical rear end take

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

how can you live in korea and not appreciate some good highwaisted jorts

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Yodzilla posted:

Boy I love rubbing my thighs raw.
Wat?

Oh right, goons.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Burginator posted:

Bury me in my jorts

There was a big dude who walked around school in shorts and a t-shirt year-round in the UP. In winter he put on a hat and gloves, and his legs were the color of fire truck by the time he got to campus.

e: Also, can't forget this legend:

Blowjob Overtime fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Sep 13, 2018

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Blowjob Overtime posted:

There was a big dude who walked around school in shorts and a t-shirt year-round in the UP. In winter he put on a hat and gloves, and his legs were the color of fire truck by the time he got to campus.

e: Also, can't forget this legend:

I've never heard much about him - why the one year hiatus?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Kind of a Bill Snyder type thing I think. He retired, the guy they replaced him with was just loving awful and he felt like he should come back. Unlike Snyder he decided to hang it up when he didn't make them awesome again right away.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Edit: Dumb joke

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe
Here's some film of Derek Carr encountering a scary ghost in the pocket:
https://twitter.com/Cianaf/status/1040018833417719808

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

He retired in '83 but his replacement, Les Steckel, was a huge bust and the Vikings had their worst record in team history (3-13). The Vikings fired Steckel, then convinced Grant to come back. Grant had thought he missed the game in his one year off, but really didn't and subsequently retired for good after '85.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

solarjetman posted:

He shook

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

I'm getting the bad version of Alex Smith flashbacks looking at that play.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Others answered the question, but that picture is germane to the jorts in winter conversation because it was -6 degrees when it was taken, and he was 88 at the time.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

solarjetman posted:

He's learned half the lessons of Aaron Rodgers there. The second half would be making insane reads and throws while on the run like that.

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

Ehud posted:

one thing I like is how everyone thinks they have the worst traffic

I live in L.A. I think I have the right to say my city has the worst traffic. I used to live in Denver, and Denver low-key also has the worst traffic. Especially when you are trying to drive down I25 during rush hour and there's a rockies game on that night. You may as well just rent a hotel room for the night instead of trying to make that commute.

In conclusion, gently caress the Rockies. They aren't even good, I don't know why Coloradoans like that stupid team.

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

Hot Diggity! posted:

Biking is like Aaron Rodgers. It's cool and good until you die by getting hit by a large object.

Also I bike around in Chicago all the time you just gotta be alert.

I've been hit by cars while biking defensively as gently caress. As in "oh, that car is stopped at a red light and I have a walk signal, it's safe to cross" and then the driver is all "NOT SO loving FAST BITCH, I'M GOING TO SUDDENLY SLAM ON THE ACCELERATOR WITHOUT EVEN loving LOOKING IN FRONT OF ME TO SEE IF THE ROAD IS CLEAR BECAUSE I'M LITERALLY A MORON"

The moral of the story is that it's never safe to ride your bike as long as stupid people exist

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe

DrunkPanda posted:

I live in L.A. I think I have the right to say my city has the worst traffic. I used to live in Denver, and Denver low-key also has the worst traffic. Especially when you are trying to drive down I25 during rush hour and there's a rockies game on that night. You may as well just rent a hotel room for the night instead of trying to make that commute.

In conclusion, gently caress the Rockies. They aren't even good, I don't know why Coloradoans like that stupid team.

Denverites bandwagon the Rockies when they are good but when they're not, they just like to hang out and drink at a ballpark. Summer evenings in Denver have tremendous weather. I-25 has gotten pretty bad.

Anyway, I finally got around to rewatching SEA-DEN. Things I noticed:

-The Broncos had a lot of success in two TE sets, with Butt and Heuerman on the field.
-The tackle play seems much improved from last year, though maybe Seattle's edge rushers are just bad.
-I would expect to see Lindsay and Freeman split carries close to evenly, with Booker a distant third. Lindsay looked as good in preseason as he did against Seattle. But the Broncos ran exactly one play in the red zone so it's hard to know who gets the carries there.
-The secondary did a lot of talking to each other after giving up receptions to the TE. Still a quality group but not dominant anymore.
-Not at all impressed with Seattle's corners. All three Keenum picks were to safeties; the Broncos receivers got open pretty easily.
-The Broncos used a couple of RPOs and that goofy "pitch forward to the WR" end-around play, but waited until they were down 24-20 early in the fourth to use them. I'm guessing that's all they've managed to practice so far.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
*checks NL West standings* hmm yes the rockies suck

solarjetman posted:

-The secondary did a lot of talking to each other after giving up receptions to the TE. Still a quality group but not dominant anymore.
Yeah their inability to cover the TE is a big concern for me. I don't know how good Sissly really is but he looked like Shannon Sharpe out there.

FUCKFACE MORON fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Sep 13, 2018

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe

cavallingus posted:

Yeah their inability to cover the TE is a big concern for me. I don't know how good Sissly really is but he looked like Shannon Sharpe out there.

The Chiefs will put up points for sure. They're going to have to double Hill and that will open it up for Kelce.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

solarjetman posted:

The Chiefs will put up points for sure. They're going to have to double Hill and that will open it up for Kelce.

I feels really good to be able to suggest without a hint of irony and only a moderate dose of homerism to suggest that doubling Hill isn't enough.

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002

cavallingus posted:

Chubb got burned on the 66 yarder and beat on the TD, so just have to hope he gets better with experience. Simmons is the only one who's done well so far covering TEs so I'm not sure why he isn't locked on them.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

So is Derek Carr like a horse that’s been spooked?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Usually a horse can be brought round by using a good running mate.

Carr probably needs a bullet and a drive to the glue factory to be useful.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Bip Roberts posted:

He's learned half the lessons of Aaron Rodgers there. The second half would be making insane reads and throws while on the run like that.

"Actually doing something productive" is usually the hard part of anything.

DrunkPanda posted:

I've been hit by cars while biking defensively as gently caress. As in "oh, that car is stopped at a red light and I have a walk signal, it's safe to cross" and then the driver is all "NOT SO loving FAST BITCH, I'M GOING TO SUDDENLY SLAM ON THE ACCELERATOR WITHOUT EVEN loving LOOKING IN FRONT OF ME TO SEE IF THE ROAD IS CLEAR BECAUSE I'M LITERALLY A MORON"

The moral of the story is that it's never safe to ride your bike as long as stupid people exist

Once upon a time I passed a station wagon on the right and turned right off onto a side street on my boss French 3-speed. Only I noticed that the engine noise of the car I'd passed was getting louder, not quieter. I looked left, and there she was. I got my left foot on the crossbar and jumped before she hit me. Based on the actual damage, I;d be limping today, her front right fender would have passed right through where my knee would have been.

I had her license plate written down before she realized she'd actually hit a (an unmanned) bicycle. She paid up for repairs you betcha.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Strobe posted:

I feels really good to be able to suggest without a hint of irony and only a moderate dose of homerism to suggest that doubling Hill isn't enough.

The Chargers locked down everyone else at the expense of Hill last week and well, we saw what happened

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
hey fam just wanted to say how poo poo the steelers are. Absolutely unsurprising that they're the team where the locker room is openly attacking their own who's trying to get fair pay. Class traitors yinz.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

That seems like a post that will "madden" some folks. haha. boom!

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
living with bengals brain

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Eifert Posting posted:

My calves are beautiful and wonderful so hey gently caress you.

Edit: this is not the chat thread.

Also, are people suggesting that someone named Carr got the poo poo kicked out of him one year and is now all shook 'cause that's a familiar story.

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 12:32 on Sep 13, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

mllaneza posted:

"Actually doing something productive" is usually the hard part of anything.

Yeah calling that "half the lessons of Aaron Rodgers" is like the football equivalent of the "draw the rest of the loving owl" meme.

• Locked thread