Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

solarjetman posted:

-The tackle play seems much improved from last year, though maybe Seattle's edge rushers are just bad.
-I would expect to see Lindsay and Freeman split carries close to evenly, with Booker a distant third. Lindsay looked as good in preseason as he did against Seattle. But the Broncos ran exactly one play in the red zone so it's hard to know who gets the carries there.

Seattle got the least pressure on the quarterback of any week 1 team. There's more reason to believe their D line is just bad than Denver's O line is good, but still no reason to complain about a good performance.

I really like Lindsay's style, he's quick, small, hard to get a hold of and he runs very low to the ground. Line defenders absolutely hate backs like that, it's extremely frustrating for them so I'm excited to see what they can do with him. Freeman is great though and I don't want them to take too many carries from him. He ran the ball well even when Seattle knew it was coming, which is a good sign.

cavallingus posted:

*checks NL West standings* hmm yes the rockies suck
Yeah their inability to cover the TE is a big concern for me. I don't know how good Sissly really is but he looked like Shannon Sharpe out there.

Sissly is a mirage imho. He's not horrible or anything but he's not fast and I honestly have no idea how he managed to get so open. Once he caught the ball I also have no idea how so many guys failed to tackle him. They need to get that worked out or they're gonna get smoked by better tight ends. Jared Cook who had a huge night in week 1 will be a good test for them this week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread