Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe
nice, it's good to have these in one place

twoday posted:

- This is a communal goon project, and thus doomed to fail.

failure is the end state of all things, and doom was laid on us the moment we were born

just have fun with it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

twoday posted:

This one has a good story, I found this faded alpine landscape print literally in the garbage and liked the frame and wanted to paint something over it. But 3 years passed and I hadn’t done anything with it. Then it was my friend’s birthday, and I decided to customize it for him, so I asked him for his favorite color and quote, and it was red and this. So I made it, and then stood back and was flabbergasted by what I had produced. I tried to give it to him but he said that it was too forcefully depressing and refused to accept it as a gift, so I still have it.

That friend was a goon and the quote came from YOSPOS. Someone had trouble installing their modem and couldn’t figure out how to configure it and asked for advice and this was the answer.

okay now i like this one too

the other one was already awesome

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe
between all the nihilism i think there should also be a chapter dedicated to the good jokes, because if this was all just the horrifyingly depressing stuff, most of us would probably give up

the problems are bad, but the jokes, the jokes are very good

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe
imagine having a hat, and then

just

not wearing it

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe
shaking my goddamn head

my moustache is drooping from the Fremdscham

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

twoday posted:

I have begun The Gospel of the Orb

hell yea the orb owns

also i have nothing personal invested in boosted wearing the hat because it's before the time of my brainbreaking and cspamjoining, but i'm still glad he's being made to wear the hat because gently caress having a hat and not wearing it

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

honest critique: this is mixing up issues and doesn't really reflect anything that was happening on c-spam. what's the "goblin" referring to?

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe
i guess i should post here too, check out these four big chungi that arrived today

i'm having trouble finding a space on the office walls for this quadriptych, probs gonna have to move some stuff around, but they're going up one way or another

gonna get some fine walmart quality frames for them unless the goodwill store miraculously has a matching set of four

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

they are up

my wife saw Danil Tum when i was framing it and thought it was weird and ugly and wanted to know what it was for, so i explained that there's a guy on the trump thread who's playing around with linoleum prints and i bought some, and she wanted to know why and seemed a little concerned, but when i told her i just thought they were funny and showed her how they make a series, she actually laughed and said okay that is kinda funny BUT WEIRD and walked away

so i think i got away with it

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe
check out this weird thing that appeared in my mailbox! i was expecting a canvas print, but through the eldritch magics of toormrp, it has transmogrified into a shimmering golden rainbow

the image seems oddly familiar, but when i try to recall where i've seen it before, the memory eludes me. no matter. it's pretty

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

twoday posted:

Just trying to write text in a cleary legible manner is much more exhausting and time-consuming than whatever it is that I normally do

if you ever want to incorporate a circuit diagram in the book of cspam for form's sake, this is a "joule thief"

it boosts the voltage of a near-dead battery so you can still draw small amounts of current from it at the voltage required by your application

it's been the basis of numerous kickstarter and indiegogo scams, most notably the batteriser

and it's almost totally stupid because most modern battery powered electronics already have circuitry that do this and also you wouldn't want to do this to a rechargeable battery because it would damage it

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

finally got around to mounting my spectral sailor

it took a bit of figuring to find the right place, since below the trumps was too low to look at, and above was improper, but eventually i settled on the door

when the door is closed, i can enjoy his shimmering rainbow colors and ponder his strange diplopic message

when the door is open, he faces the disintegration trumps and tells them the bad news: he cannot save them, for there is only one permanent thing, and all else must fade and pass away

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

this got posted in the toooorpm therad and it occurred to me that you should add a few letters that are not in any modern alphabet to your calligraphy, especially in the Names of Trump

if there's a certain logic to it where it's often present in particular contexts, but also kinda randomly, it will drive future historians mad

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

when i was a young child my dad once took us to an art gallery where there was a painting that was a huge blue rectangle, all blue, and it was this kind of blue

it might have had some lines or shapes or textural features to it, i really can't remember

but it was this blue and it was defs hypnotic in that the memory of that color stuck to my childish mind and i can still remember it now, even though i've forgotten everything else about that painting

i tried googling around for likely possibilities but i can't find it or even the location where i saw it

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe
twoday you'd better hurry up with the book of cspam, the bible's got an opening but you've got competition

https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/1144730835263905792

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe
i don't understand gently caress You Baltimore so i will not request one, even if they are hypnotic blue

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

i can just hear my wife's voice going "where would you put it"

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe
i received a pillow for idiots and gave it to a pillow enthusiast for a test drive

it seems to work (as a pillow, not as a guillotine)

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

:hai: it needs to be preserved, definitely worth a month or two of a monk's time

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe
today, i am thankful for sailor, and the memories we share of sailor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe
i might buy a fancy print of ghost sailor, returned from the depths

but i already have the fanciest pre-Odyssey sailor of all, so he would have to up his gimmick