Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Use glitter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

twoday posted:

OK, fine, I'll leave it gloomy

Use black/dark purple glitter.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

twoday posted:

Are you guys upset with the way I spelled Trumdo?

Are you able to do that Italian translator's face like you did Trump's or the leopard?

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

This poor woman trying to translate Trump into English and then Italian:

https://twitter.com/MollyMcKew/status/1184544749644144643?s=19

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Buck Wildman posted:

there are worse afterlives to believe in than "keep going as an rear end in a top hat skeleton who plays a xylophone and messes with nobles and the elderly"

gently caress if I die young I hope that's my afterlife so I can haunt boomers.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Nebakenezzer posted:

Thylacine?

There's a part of me that wants to see a supervillian who's gimmick is recreating extinct animals and then unleashing them on the world

*Spielberg coughs politely*

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

redsniper posted:

Wanna see some giant sloth fights.

Walmart on black Friday?

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Want dat book.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Do that fucker that looks like the baby from Dinosaurs whose name I can't remember.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

atc have and gehring? :confused:

E: no cheating

Somebody has issued a correction as of 07:41 on Jun 7, 2020

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

I'm going to miss this thread. :(

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

I'm not an American citizen. I am not neck deep in C-SPAM lore. I don't get half the jokes in the book.

Post the drat kickstarter so I can throw money at you. :homebrew:

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Don't forget to send one to the library of Congress

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Keep some in reserve and then send a bunch to as many US university libraries as you can.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

twoday posted:

:hmmwrong:

those books were made by people who knew wtf they were doing

Op shop leather jackets, used motorcycle jackets, unattended roadkill, disliked neighbours pets. You'll find a way.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

twoday posted:

Anyway I came here to post that I've acquired the first piece of equipment needed to bind the books:

A secondhand bottle of glue specialized for gold leaf gilding!

I'll try not to drink it all before starting on the books

Maybe drink a little glue, as a treat.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

All work and no play makes TwoDay a dull boy.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

twoday posted:

My bowels were never normal again but I'm still alive. Such is life.

I never not believed in you.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Which comes first:

Book delivery or Trump's second term?

Serious answer: Glad things are still moving.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

twoday posted:

Haha yeah the copy editors had many questions for me

Which did they ask first -

"Youre paying up front, right?"

"What's schizophrenia like?"

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

:hellyeah:

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

twoday posted:

Well then I have to make the fancy leather versions of the book, ship the paintings, hide a copy of the book in an arid cave for future generations to discover, and then submit a copy to the library of congress

Johnny appleseed that poo poo.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

DarkEuphoria posted:

Is this not love?

Baby don't hurt me

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

twoday posted:

lol didn't realize that customs agents have to inspect the incoming shipment of c-spam books lmao

Say hi to the FBI for us.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

twoday posted:

There are hundreds of printed, existing Books of C-SPAM sitting on a dock in China somewhere right now. Just whole crates of the things and that fills my heart with gladness

All that C-SPAM collected in one shipping crate should probably have a chernobyl like exclusion zone established around it.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

KOOB KOOB KOOB KOOB

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

twoday posted:

They do not!

please cross it out and write it as Chyna on the ones you send out.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

twoday posted:

I need to make a bunch of leather covers and poo poo first

I assume trump will. win again in 2024 and I will have no choice but to repeat this

Trump will win unless you complete all the leather binding and distributions are done before the mid terms. ONLY YOU CAN SAVE US TWODAY, NO PRESSURE OR ANYTHING

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

I hadn't previously noticed Lincoln's painting overlooking that ridiculous scene.

We live in the weirdest goddamn timeline.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

mdemone posted:

book....here?

book in my hands...?!?

It's more likely than you think.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Why hasn't the book been shopped into the pic of Trump holding "A" bible in front of that church yet?

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

When are non US copies going to be shipped?

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

twoday posted:

this week! Sorry, it's been taking extra long to figure out the international shipping stuff, and they will ship as a batch

Yeah I knew they were being done differently to the US stuff. Thanks for clarifying.

Edit: how many fancy pants leather/vegan leather covers are you going to have to do?

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Still waiting for mine

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

I was going to make a long and involved parody post about getting BOOK in Australia drawn from a Canticle for Liebowitz but I'm pretty high right now so just pretend I did.

Gimmie BOOOOOOOOOOK

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

just got an update that BOOK is on its way. :sun:

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

twoday posted:

I just want to say that I am happy to hear that everyone seems to be enjoying the book, it was uh, a lot of work to say the least

a thick slice of my sanity and my soul is in there

Hey now, still looking forward to the leather bound copy. Looking forward to the second slice of soul/sanity. :kheldragar:

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

No idea where mine is. USPS saysa label was generated and is awaiting the item since 25 September.

quote:

Latest Update
A shipping label has been prepared for your item at 10:41 pm on September 25, 2022 in BROOKLYN, NY 11221. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date.

:shrug:

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

After a month long stay in Brooklyn (holiday? incarcerated? LSD trip? WHO KNOWS!?) my USPS tracker now tells me that not only does BOOK EXIST :magical: but that it is now in Jamaica (NY regional facility, not the country... I think).

Only 17000km to go!

:neckbeard:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

No leather yet.